I was surprised by Paul Ryan's speech

Many of you seem to dismiss the idea that abortion could change and say that to suggest otherwise is fearmongering. But, you make believe that Obama is going to single handedly change all of the gun laws and take away your guns.

Please show me where I have EVER said that virgil. Good luck, youll never find it.

My point is that every single one of you lefties sit here and accuse almost every conservative or non-liberal as a fear monger, etc. You guys all blather plenty of fear mongering at every chance. Like I said before, pot, kettle....

I just dont get the mentality at all with some of you guys. You mean to tell me its perfectly okay to slaughter millions of babies through abortion yet its perfectly acceptable to keep death row inmates alive? So lets just keep spending millions on keeping these sick basturds alive on our dime and spend all our time listening to a debate about abortion. Seems awfully ass backwords to me. Debate how we they are going to fix the aftermath instead of attempts at fixing the problem before the problem happens. Put these sick pshyco raping murdering basturds in the electric chair, screw the sentence with parole on good behavior so they get out and repeat there actions again. Screw spending millions and millions and millions of taxpayer dollars to keep them alive, but hey lets just spend all our time and finances debating and preaching abortion issues when its not the government who should be deciding such things. Yet just another joke of an election based on propaganda and how to munipulate the minds and wallets of americans and just plain ignore the big ass hole that has been dug that Obama has made deeper than any president before him. Its about time dont you think to get over the friggin blame game of it was Bush and come up with some real solutions to the problem that has been created and made even worse by this jackass in office right now. You think the country is in trouble now? Wait and see what its like in 4 more years with Obama in office again. Oh damn I forgot there I go again with my racist slurs.

Edited by wdswtr

I'm pro choice and believe in the death penalty...as long as they have the person dead to rights...which is the case much of the time..ie...gun in hand and not self defense ...nor duress...ie...years of physical abuse..or just plain accident ..and in those cases were there is absolutely no doubt...give them one week then put them down....re peat child offender...put them down....rapist...put them in a woman's prison after hobbling them first....Justice served

• Like 1

I'm pro choice and believe in the death penalty...as long as they have the person dead to rights...which is the case much of the time..ie...gun in hand and not self defense ...nor duress...ie...years of physical abuse..or just plain accident ..and in those cases were there is absolutely no doubt...give them one week then put them down....re peat child offender...put them down....rapist...put them in a woman's prison after hobbling them first....Justice served

" Give them one week " Think of the Tax savings ! Well Said ! B)

Gotta agree with that. If you have DNA evidence that the person killed or raped someone, or molested kids, they should be killed, period. No "humane" poison, etc, just a quick 45 to the head, cheap and effective.

I'm a Democrat. Do I like where the country is right now, no. Am I impressed with Obama, no. Would I vote for Romney, no.

The American voter is in a bad situation trying to pick which apple is less rotten.................

Sometimes you have to choose from the only apples left. But the choice isn't between apples. The choice is between which two individuals can do us the most harm. But if you are suggesting that something will be accomplished by not voting at all, I would hope you will eventually see the problem with that. I understand that there are other choices besides the Republicans and Democrats, and I hope that is what you are referring to. Unfortunately voting for one of the minor parties is actually going to benefit one of the two prime candidates in a back-handed way. You may be able to have the satisfaction of making some kind of statement, but the actual results will wind up with one of the major candidates winning the election.

I'm trying to figure out how you think Early is a woman?

It's really sad this conservative ...liberal crap that ppl in this country latch on to with all their might...and what it is..... when you get down to it...... is plain ole conditioning..

Someone please explain to me why it just cant be the politics of common sense...what is right for the people in general...not groups scattered here and there...Jobs with a balance toward not killing the planet we live in.... leaving ppls sex lives and medical decisions out of politics..and for crying out loud leave your religious beliefs in your homes and churches...Sorry but they don't belong in Washington any more than my belief in eating dead animals and "Ms Smiths" belief in vegetables only belong there...

Government went from ...being a business....after the civil war... to being a giant day care...time to take the training wheels off and let the government take care of business and it's ppl take care of themselves...That way when we really need them..disasters...wars...financial crisis ect.....

We just may have managed to vote ppl in that know what to do and how to initiate it ...with funds to back whats needed up...Holy crap that's a lot of wishful thinking....

• Like 1

Maybe because she always refers to God as a "she" in her posts. Just my opinion.

No i think she just does that as a dig on religion. I have other reasons to call shim a girl.

Growalot.. you call it conditioning...OK I call , it standing up for my religion when some leftist punk attacks it, unprovoked and out of the blue, just because she/he does not believe in it. I have never brought up any religion on this site. Just realize that people of faith will not sit on their hands when some intolorant little leftist bashes that faith. What ever the faith may be.

I will still pray for Shirly.

I agree with you that if someone bashes my Christian beliefs I woudn't sit on my hands either. But the Bible says in Matthew 5:44 Love your enemies and pray for those that persecute you. So after I give those non-believers and those who bash Christianity a piece of my mind, I will pray for them.

No should expect any less...ppl have look deep with in their own souls to find what works best for them and should neither be told nor tell anyone else what is the "True" right...

I firmly believe in a higher power..be it named god or Budda the name is of no concern to me ...it's the belief that there is...for me...some thing that gave me the ability to reason right from wrong...to feel love ..empathy...sorrow and even anger....How to react to and use those feelings...and to strive to do something...even if it were to be one single moment in time that truly bettered things for someone else.. I say this with a firm disbelief in organized religion and have strong feelings about it...that doesn't ..nor should it diminish your beliefs..nor mine...God gave us the power to reason..to think independently and thank him for that...for history shows what happens when ppl throw that gift back at him....Hitler...the Holy wars...Salem witch hunts....on and on and on in every culture and time on this Earth

I agree with you that if someone bashes my Christian beliefs I woudn't sit on my hands either. But the Bible says in Matthew 5:44 Love your enemies and pray for those that persecute you. So after I give those non-believers and those who bash Christianity a piece of my mind, I will pray for them.

Right thats why i said i would pray for her. We're on the same page

Edited by ants

Yes, he must be a fraud. There is no such thing as a liberal hunter. He trolls conservative-heavy websites in positively blue states looking for more converts. Because New York needs more Democrats. In fact, I can prove it. Just look at his post history, its all political stuff!

Oh wait, its not.

And I applaud your use of exclamation points and question marks. They really add to the validity of your post.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My point is that she is bashing Ryan for making a mistake !!!!!!!!! While Biden has been putting his foot in his mouth for four years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I applaud your sarcasim it really adds to the validity of your post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was no mistake or misunderstanding. I highly doubt he even wrote the speech himself. All politicians lie, Ryan's were just extra-blatant this time and he was called out on them. Not that it really matters anyway. He told his base constituents what they wanted to hear. Most people don't actually want to hear the facts, they just want to cheer about something.

These are the times we live, unfortunately.

EDIT: I really shouldn't have said "Most people...blah blah", as last time I checked, I don't know most people. I'm just depressed at the current state of the government. Its been a sad couple of decades for anyone who is fiscally conservative and socially liberal. Having to choose the lesser of two evils every election for most of my life is tiresome. I actually had a lot of hope in Obama. Unfortunately, I am equally disappointed in his first term. I don't really understand why Republicans can hate the guy so much, since he really hasn't changed much at all.

I'm going to put myself in the line of fire and link a (albeit) crappy YouTube clip of Bill Maher. Try to not click it off after he takes a couple pot shots at Ted, he actually says some interesting stuff about how liberals feel about Obama's first term.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwq6_TyHMDg

His last line sums up my stance on Presidential elections: [Democrats:] Elect us, we're lame, but the other guys are nuts.

Edited by Sogaard
  • Like 1

Ordinarily I avoid any and all topics wherein "abortion" rears its' head. Not because I am opposed, favor, or have any reasonable semblance of what could be called a stance on abortion. Frankly, to me it's a non-issue. The closest thing to a stance on abortion I have is "Is it my baby in there? No? Carry on."

Where my feathers get ruffled is when people talk about rights and somehow feel that restrictions on a right determined to exist by the court - and yes the framers did indeed recognize that no list of natural human rights could be exhaustive - are seen as granted more leeway and bearing than those specifically enumerated. The "right" to abortion, the "right" to marry (gay or straight).....no infringements permitted. Full speed ahead. Specifically enumerated right in the Constitution of These United States....Whoa there Nelly. Sign this here paper and let's see if the founders meant you.

Again. Home Depot. Cash or Credit please. They could even add an Abortion Aisle. Maybe even make it self service like those new check outs. Or would it be closer to a self-service car wash vacuum?

Questions, questions.

I was hoping some people would make an exception because Bill is saying how disappointed he is in Obama too, but I figured I'd get the above reaction more often than not.

And Maher is to Democrats what Rush is to Republicans, except with more humor and less infidelity. ;)

Edited by Sogaard

Like Rush or not at least he's not a foul mouthed little troll. Maher can give all the opinions he wants..thats fine, so can Rush, but when Maher breaks out with the profanity laced, name calling rants, who is he really reaching out to

Maher curses because he can- he's on cable. Rush would too if he wasn't on regular radio. One of the main differences between them is that Maher is a comedian and a satirist- that's why he's entertaining. Limbaugh actually believes all the hateful lies and rhetoric that he pollutes the airwaves with.

Like Rush or not at least he's not a foul mouthed little troll.

Seriously? He called a woman a slut on his radio show because he didn't agree with her and has lost lots of advertising for that and other over the top remarks and you say he is not foul mouthed?

Who cares about any of those guys like him and Maher.

Right and he apologized for it. When has Bill maher ever apologized for any dirty comment he has made? Like his a$$ nasty comments about Sarah Palin,Ann Coulter?? And yeah Rush uses the same level foul language as Bill Maher!!! LOL You funny!

Double standard for leftists ???? NO WAY!!! Good one early!! I mean Virgil!!