What are some exciting.....

growalot

Now that's hilarious!! I can just picture that whole scenario like an Elmer Fudd cartoon. Lol .... that's is one funny mental image.

He is the only guy I know that is afraid of cows so it made it all the better for me to laught at after. He was upset with me and my Dad the time we were imitating a calf's bawl to get the cows to come closer on the way out of the woods, same fields to..hehe

• Like 1

I was approaching the ladder to my stand one morning and my flashlight catches 2 sets of glowing eyes at the base of the tree. Two of the biggest racoons I have ever seen were standing there, refusing to run away. We had a standoff for about two minutes until they decided to run up the tree that MY STAND was in. Lets just say I waited on the ground until it got light that morning.

Was it on this forum where somebody posted a picture of a big ol' blackbear sitting up in somebody's treestand? Now to me that would be a pretty exciting thing to happen on my way to the stand ..... especially if I was most of the way up the stand before I realized that it was occupied ..... lol.

was deer huntin in central florida with my nephew, had about a mile walk in, our stands were bout a few hundred yds apart so i could keep an eye on him, bout a third of the way down the trail we were about to split off and walk him to his stand before i headed to mine, started around the bend of the trail and in the beam of my light i saw the hind end of a deer layin there...what the hell? inched around the corner a little more and we were 10 yds away from a panther and her cub! she poofed up real good and growled at us, man i was paralized , she had blood drippin down her mouth and looked like she was gonna pounce on us,,, kept the light in her eyes and shoved my nephew behind me, her cub ran away and she backed down n went off after the cub.... I truly believe that cub saved our lives that morning.. if she was by herself Im almost certain she would have gotten us... you can bet your A!@ we scurried up our stands in a hurry after that... most eventful hunt i've ever been on, shot a buck later that morning and my nephew shot a 180 lb boar with 3 1/4 inch cutters.... after that i got my concealed so i could carry during archery, I can't believe you guys up here can't carry during archery if you have your concealed pistol permit with bears runnin around... ! other than that bumped the usual hog every now n then walkin in n out.... they startle the crap outa ya cause they can't hear for nothin ya get right on em before they just grunt n squeal n run away....

That's a great story! Really nice to see the pics too.

When I had day care one of the fathers hunted up north at a camp they have...hetold me of a blk bear that climbed his tree to take a swipe at his feet...it was too small for him to shot so he grabbed a single arrow out of the quiver and gave him a good cut to his nose....seriously.... like I'd bend over enough to jam an arrow in his nose...I'd have the quiver empty with a fist full of arrows and would be wailing broad heads at him cutting what I could!! a least until one of us fell...I think about that a lot when bear hunting alone....I have spray

Not walking but sitting in a hedgerow during turkey season I had a hot air ballon,practice touchdowns out in the field with my decoy !

It seems that flying saucers like to land in fields and take cows and hillbillies on a fair basis, i've always wanted to run into a UFO complete with aliens,while walking to my stand one dark morning. The Mrs. says i can't hang that in the familyroom, but she's said that before....

Deerpassion, I know many many guys who carry

Edited by Larry302

Not walking but sitting in a hedgerow during turkey season I had a hot air ballon,practice touchdowns out in the field with my decoy !

It seems that flying saucers like to land in fields and take cows and hillbillies on a fair basis, i've always wanted to run into a UFO complete with aliens,while walking to my stand one dark morning. The Mrs. says i can't hang that in the familyroom, but she's said that before....

Deerpassion, I know many many guys who carry

really? during archery? I asked an officer n they say its a no no, but hey they've been wrong before, and I thought i read it in the handbook somewhere... hhmmm , i'll have to call em up a few times to get different people n see if i get the same answer...

really? during archery? I asked an officer n they say its a no no, but hey they've been wrong before, and I thought i read it in the handbook somewhere... hhmmm , i'll have to call em up a few times to get different people n see if i get the same answer...

Legally you cannot carry a firearm while bowhunting.

It is unlawful to: Possess a firearm of any description when bowhunting or when accompanying a person bowhunting during special archery seasons.

Love these threads!

I had an encounter one night, coming out I had to cross a stream over a downed log. I get half way and from the other side here comes a porky. I shouted at him and stomped my foot he did not care I was movin not him. I had to back off log or fight him so I backed off.

Had another time at the old house I had one spot I would sneak to before light for first watch. I had to cross some flooded timber about 40 yards of it or so. I could just do it by sliding my feet as the water came to about an inch from the tops of my rubber boots. It is pitch black out and with my lttle light I am about halfway across when a whole flippin flock of turkeys about 6 feet above my head spook and start flying evrywhere bouncing off everything. At first I did not realize what was happening and scared the bejeezus outa me and yes I landed on my a$$ in the water. That sucked!

• Like 1

I was hustling to my stand in the dark one morning in Pa. and cut across the corner of cornfield and in the dark, about five feet away was a small bear. Both of us jumped...he was a lot quicker and ran. I just stood there in the dark realizing...letting it sink in... I just about stepped on a bear eating corn.

I learned my lesson, when cutting through a cornfield in the pre-dawn dark, give it a few feet of space.

Bowhunting one night and about an hour before dark i have 3 yotes cross the field in front of me heading in the direction i have to go on the way out. About 15 minutes left of daylight i have another yote come out underneath me, as i draw back he busts me and runs behind my stand and stops. I get the pin on him and let er go. Hits him..He yelps and runs into the thick brush behind me. Few minutes of quite and then he starts growling and yippin and snappin his jaws like hes tryin to bite something. Now its dark and time to get down, Im a little jumpy now and just before i let my bow down a pack of the start unloading with yips and yaps and then the all start howling. Well the ones that went by me the first time( The way i have to go to get to the house) Start howling back at the pack next to me and the one i hit is still growling behind me. Well thats a bit to much for me with stick and string so i get on the cell phone and call the wife to drive back and pick me up in the truck...She says its pitch dark..How will i find you??? I say just look for the light up in the trees..You cant miss me because im not gettin down!!! Thank god she came and picked me up at the base of the tree! Went back the next night to sit again and walked in to find the yote i hit....Found the blood,The hair,The arrow....No yote!!! Way to many yotes around here!!!

Holy Crap!!...Now that was way too scary .......I hate having to trail a deer at dark ...especially when I shine the light out in front of me and see eyes glowing back..no weapon but a knife in hand....Mr B. would have left in the tree with a ..."that will teach for shooting him this late"...even if it was an hour before dark...lol