send letters for crossbows in NY

So getting back to the crossbow issue... how many would use a crossbow if it was included in bowseason and how many would use one if it had it's own season... and how many will use it during the regular season?... I myself would probably only buy one if it had it's own season.

I probably would . I could use the time that I normally spend practicing with the compound during the summer on other things . Not much practice needed with the X-bow . I would also probably hunt more from a ground blind than treestands and use a tripod to support the X-bow and take longer shots . I have seen the light !

Your right Steve but to answer NY...Yes the common denominator are slob hunters...because I don't hunt camp more than 3-4days days per year...I have put all my efforts into my home property...camp is the family hunting ground were the guys have their co- workers and friends hunt...none of them bow hunt except my son and daughter and non of them besides my self bear or turkey hunt...The neighbors down there watch camp because we have the most rd frontage and they are tired of having their home shot at and all the garbage these ppl throw out when they stop long the road to hunt from their vehicles...they've already lost 3 dogs to these ppl

i'm certain this guy who thinks he's a women runs around the woods in lederhosen with an AK-47 during hunting season looking for his imaginary tresspassing slob hunters. his posts are some of the most comical i've read in years....this sums up about every post he's made so far on this thread and any other thread he has posted on......"uuuhh i dunt like zee odder hunters zo i vill buy all zee lant in zee shtat to keep zeem avay, duuuhhh" :D :D

Sits...I believe the following is probably the most intelligent /honest thing you've contributed thus far......

i'm probably the only fool on this site

no matter how intelligent you try and make yourself sound the commie keeps shining thru in your grammer :D no hiding it LUDMILLA!!

i highly doubt you've ever left the county you were born in...

I love the fact that you are in the forefront of this debate.

It shows clearly, to all who are watching silently, that your opinions are based soley on prejudice, and your own inability to have a debate without resorting to name calling, bullying..or at least trying..and distorting the facts on the subject at hand.

You are the poster boy for the xgun crowd..arrogant, demeaning, and boastful.

And really, your not as smart as you think you are. You have trouble comprehending most of what is being said with replies that show your ignorance.

I'm starting to pity you more than dislike you at this point.

You are the poster boy for the xgun crowd..arrogant, demeaning, and boastful.

Sseems like enough posturing and name calling on both sides to go around.

The biggest part of the opposition that bothers me....It seems as though they are dancing around why they are not for inclusion. There are comments about principles and the formal definition of what a bow is. I can respect both of those as a pesonnal choice. I find it disturbing that because of that choice the folks in opposition would limit others. (I know someone will be going into the "might as well include guns in bow" comment but that isn't what I mean).  I can not speak for others but it leaves me with the thought that iit is a felling, by those opposed, that the inclusion will effect their experience in some way. Whether it is more hunters afield, shooting "my" deer or a perception of higher poaching.

Personally I can't see how my neighbor using one would effect my bow hunting season. I believe that the equipment is similiar enough to be considered in the same season, but that is just my belief.

It annoys me that pro crossbow people feel that they can assign a motive to me, or others opposed to crossbows in gun season.

Inferring that those opposed to crossbows are selfish is still name calling.

Your last sentence sums it up best. 

You believe that the equipment is similiar enough to be considered in the same season.

I don't, and NYB doesn't, and lots of others do not share that belief.

We feel it is different enough that it should not be included.  The fact that it does not need to be drawn is huge, here.....it is not a bow if you don't have to draw it.

And, please.....no one needs to be so obtuse as to suggest a crossbow needs to be drawn too, here.  We all know what I am talking about.

and even with all that said.. it's inclusion still would not hinder any other hunters bowhunting experience... uness like I said before.. you are losing sleep because of your so called "principle reasoning".

I personally think that inline muzzleloading rifles are not in the same catagory as a primitive muzzleloader, but the fact that they are allowed during the special muzzleloader season has no impact on my hunting experience what so ever.. I will just choose not to use one.. without denying others their choice to use them. And I certainly won't waste my time losing sleep over it's inclusion.

I still find it amusing that people think they are going to take long shots with a xbow off a rest or otherwise... A twig will deflect a bolt same as an arrow... The lack of education of what a xbow can or can't do is astounding!

I still find it amusing that people think they are going to take long shots with a xbow off a rest or otherwise... A twig will deflect a bolt same as an arrow... The lack of education of what a xbow can or can't do is astounding!

We do it with guns...and twigs deflect bullets, too.

It annoys me that pro crossbow people feel that they can assign a motive to me, or others opposed to crossbows in gun season.

You believe that the equipment is similiar enough to be considered in the same season.

We feel it is different enough that it should not be included.  The fact that it does not need to be drawn is huge, here.....it is not a bow if you don't have to draw it.

And, please.....no one needs to be so obtuse as to suggest a crossbow needs to be drawn too, here.  We all know what I am talking about.

I really wasn't cally you or any of the others selfish, Arrow. I was just stating that any reason that I have read for opposing it was based on a personal principles and that kind of bothers me when those are applied to the majority. When the majority of hunters seem to support this and there is still such vocal opposition (which is always your right), it does make me wonder about the motive. I am not assigning any to you.....Just leaves me wondering what they really are.

I really wasn't cally you or any of the others selfish, Arrow. I was just stating that any reason that I have read for opposing it was based on a personal principles and that kind of bothers me when those are applied to the majority. When the majority of hunters seem to support this and there is still such vocal opposition (which is always your right), it does make me wonder about the motive. I am not assigning any to you.....Just leaves me wondering what they really are.

So if the majority wanted baiting legalized...you OK with that?

How about poison pods?  Or jacklighting?

That's hardly a fair comparison... apples and oranges... crossbow is a legitimate means of fair chase the others are not.

I don't agree with those items and would oppose them. If they were passed...so be it. It would have zero effect on my hunting because I still have the choice of how I hunt.

First, saying someone is selfish is not name calling.

Second, you do still have to draw a crossbow, it just stays drawn. Pointing out facts is not obtuse, well unless you are trying to dispute the facts I guess.  :D

That's hardly a fair comparison... apples and oranges... crossbow is a legitimate means of fair chase the others are not.

Baiting is fair chase by P&Y and B&C definition.

Poison Pods are legal in MS.

Hogs are hunted under spotlights.

The fact is that all are illegal in NY, just as crossbows are illegal in bow season.  Many would be opposed to these things ..... based on principle, not some hidden, secret motive, as is repeatedly suggested by propojnents.

First, saying someone is selfish is not name calling.

Of course it is.  Just like if I said you were obnoxious, abrasive, or idiotic.

Second, you do still have to draw a crossbow, it just stays drawn. Pointing out facts is not obtuse, well unless you are trying to dispute the facts I guess.  :D

Congrats....you win the narrow minded award for the day.  It means drawing in the presence of game....you know that, you totally understand the difference, yet you played the obtuse card anyway.

Pretending there is no differences between bows and crossbows don't make them disappear, you know. ::D

Spotlighting is different. You dont use them with deer because they are mesmerized by the light, hogs and other animals are not. That is the difference is fair vs unfair in that situation.

Keep focusing on the most minute details and continue missing the point.....k?