Show your best group of the day

Doewhacker

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this SteveB. If only the first shot counts, then why am I shooting 50-60 arrows or more every time I shoot? Here is why, to make sure that when I get that one shot, It counts. I'm a firm believer in practice makes perfect. And if you don't practice, then you are just asking for trouble.

Agreed. Levi Morgan is the biggest phenom who has ever held a compond bow. And if you hear his shooting ritual this holds tru. Not only does he spend time hitting thr target. But also he will spend hours training his musles to react the same way everytime. But just pulling back and shooting at 2-5 yards. Its all repitition.

09021230yds.jpg

30 yds. Not bad for a bow that was built in 1986!

Same gear, same distance.

30yds.jpg

I thought I shot the oldest bow in existence, but you have me beat by 4 years!! I love it. Went to an archery range last weekend and shot as well with my old bow as some of the regulars there who have all of the latest expensive high tech stuff. I hardly ever shoot, too. If I shot more, I could easily have them beat. Maybe I should ask them if they want to trade bows? LOL

Doe, that is a boone & crocket deer target if I ever saw one! LOL AR's must have been in effect in the factory they made that bruiser, don't you think?? LOL What we need to do is to put it in front of the gamecams of some of the AR supporters here, so they can think that they have some more monsters running around all thanks to AR's of course! You can leave your arrows in it too. They won't know the difference. LOL

I thought I shot the oldest bow in existence, but you have me beat by 4 years!! I love it. Went to an archery range last weekend and shot as well with my old bow as some of the regulars there who have all of the latest expensive high tech stuff. I hardly ever shoot, too. If I shot more, I could easily have them beat. Maybe I should ask them if they want to trade bows? LOL

I upgraded too, before this one I was shooting a '73 Bear Grizzly!

Since I only deer hunt and dont shoot any 3-D I started shooting with broadheads a month ago( I would start sooner but find it very rough on the targets ), Last thing I want to do is shoot a tight group. One arrow and retreive for me. I find shooting broadheads as early as possible the best way to get a perfect tune. You keep tweeking it ever so much each time and those broadheads are like lazer beams to the target.

Edited by erussell