When Nature Calls

Elmo

Let it rip! Although last season the long walk to the tree stand and breakfast got the best of me, so I had to use a nearby tree as a toilet. I was in the middle of a 100+ acre parcel and half way though my "conference call" a guy and his son come walking right up on me. Unreal

Let it rip! Although last season the long walk to the tree stand and breakfast got the best of me, so I had to use a nearby tree as a toilet. I was in the middle of a 100+ acre parcel and half way though my "conference call" a guy and his son come walking right up on me. Unreal

That's what they call "getting caught with yer pants down " !

The real challenge is to be able to be stealthy enough to have the guy and his son come right under without them detecting you and then you can "add them into the conversation".

i go off the side of the tree... i dont believe that myth at all. ive had plenty of bucks come in a sniff where i went and they pay no mind to it. they do not associate the smell to that of a human. ive also seen plenty of guys who make mock scraps with their own pee and have pics of monster deer tearing that scrape up. so i dont believe you need to pee in a bottle lol

ive made mock scrapes using my own piss and it definitely works. i never kept up with it as i did it in an area i dont normally hunt as an experiment. with that said if i have to go ill go right off the stand.

i dont know if i would take the risk, but i know someone who during gun could not hold his bowels a second longer in the stand. he ended up walking as far away as he could stand it before leaving a respectable deposit in some golden rod. turns out 20 mins later 2 shooter bucks come out with there heads out sniffing the air and walk right to the pile and stood their sniffing long enough for my friend to get a good laugh and shoot the better of the 2 deer.

Pee away never had an issue with it like many

what did the hunters do long before plastic bags you see tons of pictures with 8 or more deer hanging on a pole with 2 or 3 guys in the early 1900's I don't think they used ziplocks although they probably didn't use scent kiler either but I do know they used Rage broadheads way before then just watch the commercials

ive made mock scrapes using my own piss and it definitely works. i never kept up with it as i did it in an area i dont normally hunt as an experiment. with that said if i have to go ill go right off the stand.

i dont know if i would take the risk, but i know someone who during gun could not hold his bowels a second longer in the stand. he ended up walking as far away as he could stand it before leaving a respectable deposit in some golden rod. turns out 20 mins later 2 shooter bucks come out with there heads out sniffing the air and walk right to the pile and stood their sniffing long enough for my friend to get a good laugh and shoot the better of the 2 deer.

Would that be considered hunting over a bait pile or hunting with the use of scents??? LOL

Just take a look at my mock scrapes from last year and this year, the proof is in the pudding. All made with the assistance of human pee and from time to time doe in estrous. So I say let it rip. I do however pee in a bottle when on stand so I can later dump in my mock scrape. The only bad side effect to peeing right off your stand is that deer might pinpoint your stand location and maybe more prone to picking up any slight movement.

The only time I use a bottle is when I am in a blind . I sure won't pee on the ground inside the blind and I don't want to step outside and get busted . I dump it a few feet from the blind . I plastic coffee container works great . A Maxwell container works best ......"good to the last drop" !

• Like 3