Live From the Stand 2012

WNYBuckHunter

Ok so ive been in my stand since 10 about 30 min ago the kid in the house behind me started blasting music I can hear it clearly and I'm 200 yards away I've also seen 3 kids on dirt bikes drive by and I can hear them to I hope this doesent kill my hunt I have less than an hr untill dark gunna stick it out

Ok so ive been in my stand since 10 about 30 min ago the kid in the house behind me started blasting music I can hear it clearly and I'm 200 yards away I've also seen 3 kids on dirt bikes drive by and I can hear them to I hope this doesent kill my hunt I have less than an hr untill dark gunna stick it out

Hang in there. I have a spot that I hunt that is only one hundred yards from a small saw mill, the guy is always doing something with his air hammer, everyday this goes on and the deer are use to it. I have killed some nice bucks when his hammer is going bang, bang, bang. The deer are use to the sites and sounds going around you so don't give up.

saw some rut action tonight in my stand. had a nice 8 point come up behind me while a doe was 50yds downwind sniffing my scent.... led to believe she wasnt entirely spooked because she had wind of the buck as well?? well buck was 20yds to my left upwind of me, had to stand and turn around to shoot, i shoot lefty. in doing so he became a bit alert and slowly went back to where he came from. i grunted a few times and he began to circle around to my right just out of bow range right to the doe. the doe didnt move a muscle the entire time i was fidgeting around trying to get a shot on this buck. i was completely surprised! well the chasing began he had his nose to the ground and she was doin laps around the woods although never close enough to get a shot on him. was really cool to watch none the less. if i shot right handed this buck would have made it too easy to get a shot lol especially for what he was i would expect more from a deer! haha

Just got in.. Guy shot a spike with a huge body in one of the spots i go to:( they were dragging it out as i went in.. Fog was heavy but has cleared out... Woody woodpecker off to my right about 20yrds. Beautiful day to be in the woods.. Maybe a little colder would help but overall nice day

Out in 8F today. South wind is making things pretty tough. Saw a beauty this morning around 7:30, about 60 yds from the stand romping around with a doe. Of course in a thicket so no chance of a shot. They hung out for a while (20-30 minutes) heard some really weird yelps, and a couple snort wheezes. Then it all stopped. Haven't seen a thing since. I gotta say though, seeing a pig like that first thing gets you amped up for the rest of the hunt. Hoping something else comes by soon though. Have to pack it in by 12:30 and end my 4 day hunting weekend; looking like without much success. Oh well, got the MZ and shotgun all dialed in, and another week of vaca next week. Can't wait!!

Hit a ground blind this a.m....may have pushed a deer bedded behind it....wind was howling....every thing sounded like deer...but saw ZIP...only one squirrel...got to go get sample bottles then take them back for chemical tests...thankfully 150.00 not thousands...phew....then out this afternoon...have a grout guy hear touching up out side of basement he should be done by the time I'm ready to hunt..

It was a wild ride out there today...lol good thing I opted for one of the really big maples....saw 2 fat squirrels and I thought I heard a snort behind me but dang!...just not sure...it was like being in a machine shop... it was so loud and noisy

well tomorrows supposed to be a beautiful day, light cloud cover and sun, 10 mph wind, and after a front here in Western NY anyway, so ima be out in the afternoon...

This is not "live" from the stand cause I don't have that kind of phone.Spent all weekend in the wodds up north and probably should have stayed home and saved the money.Not 1 deer.Not even in the bedding area.Seems strange.The neighbor property has 8 doe by the pond at night and the little ones are still with the mother.I don't think they are hot yet,gonna give it till the weekend after Thanksgiving.

got in stand at 5:45...did a drag from road all the way to stand ...re freshening as I went...wet...quiet...no sound of deer...nothing until 8am...but rain then a light dusting of snow...32 degrees....a doe and twins out in the lane way 80yrds away...where I killed a doe in gun last year...then a fawn in the woods got up 35yrds to my rt...got down wind and trotted off....one more lrg deer not sure what...eyes were tearing bad....out where the doe and fawns were....no grunts, running ...all outer wear is in the washing machine....don't like being scented...work and then out again

Edited by growalot

stepped out of the truck to head across the field to my stand, saw 2 sets of eyes in the middle of the field just outside an island of brush in the center. beeped my horn and they slowly wandered off. i start walking i get to the island of brush, turn the corner spot the rest of the field with my light and right there infront of me 15 yds is a buck made for TV. he was enormous. g2s were all of 11 inches and his g3s werent far behind. he had great mass and spread. once in a lifetime buck for sure, one of those bucks where his rack looks too big for his head to hold up.... after a few explicit words and a slap to the face i finally made it to my stand. rest of the morning was great had 4 does come in, and then had a nice racked 8 point trottin through then a little 4 point made a few passes along the path of one of the does. she had to have been hot.