Antler Restrictions

PETERBFLY

Better yet, make AR's illegal and I promise you that the AR opponents would never bring up the subject again. Go back and see who starts most of these AR threads and you will see it is not the opponents who start this crap. They AR guys have now gotten their way in the Catskills yet they still can't give it a rest. They just love to rub it in the rest of our faces it seems? Yep, lots of class they have.

The sooner some come to realize that it is inches that matter they will be much better off!! The state could care less about how anyone feels. They want money!!! Deer hunter numbers are down so they throw a kids hunt in early( Im all for it!!)= Money. They put in ar to protect young bucks so they can grow bigger bucks..Why? To attract hunters= Money.

This day and age inches sell...Trust me on that!! You complain about farm hunts on tv and farmed deer on mag covers..Why are they there...Money!!

Some talk qdm...Thats a joke if you think they care about that. It cant be done in most parts because you cant get enough land involved... My 700 acres in the north edges up against 20 thousand acre military base...True qdm is tough...My 200 acres that edges up against letchworth..Qdm...Not gunna happen. Ar is going to be through most of Ny before its over... Me..All for it. I do believe there should be rules in place for the young and the older hunters but after that..It is what it is.

The post that started this thread...100%

Edited by Four Season Whitetails

. Ar is going to be through most of Ny before its over... Me..All for it. I do believe there should be rules in place for the young and the older hunters but after that..It is what it is.

Aside from AR support and opposition I do keep seeing comments made about letting young and old be exempt. Can I suggest something? I think we need not be as concerned about the young, maybe it should be phrased as 'new' hunters. Even on this site I see more folks coming in latter in life and with the computers being used for license sales They should be able to make this happen in an AR area.

The sooner some come to realize that it is inches that matter they will be much better off!! The state could care less about how anyone feels. They want money!!! Deer hunter numbers are down so they throw a kids hunt in early( Im all for it!!)= Money. They put in ar to protect young bucks so they can grow bigger bucks..Why? To attract hunters= Money.

This day and age inches sell...Trust me on that!! You complain about farm hunts on tv and farmed deer on mag covers..Why are they there...Money!!

Some talk qdm...Thats a joke if you think they care about that. It cant be done in most parts because you cant get enough land involved... My 700 acres in the north edges up against 20 thousand acre military base...True qdm is tough...My 200 acres that edges up against letchworth..Qdm...Not gunna happen. Ar is going to be through most of Ny before its over... Me..All for it. I do believe there should be rules in place for the young and the older hunters but after that..It is what it is.

The post that started this thread...100%

So tell us something we don't already know about you? To you it's all about horns and big money, while for many others hunting is defined by many other things. Make it into a big money sport here in NY and many of us may be out of a place to hunt. You guys probably like that though. Better than any AR is to have fewer hunters out there competing for YOUR bucks! Just be careful what you wish for, is all I will say.

So tell us something we don't already know about you? To you it's all about horns and big money, while for many others hunting is defined by many other things. Make it into a big money sport here in NY and many of us may be out of a place to hunt. You guys probably like that though. Better than any AR is to have fewer hunters out there competing for YOUR bucks! Just be careful what you wish for, is all I will say.

Hunting is hunting reguardless of what you put on the ground. If you dont have mature bucks around you now...You Will....If you want better hunting than you have...Go hunt somewhere else!! I spend more time on stateland than i do my own property.

Like i said, They dont care how you feel. I will still find my big horns and mature with or without ar so thats not an issue for me. If i dont have them here....I will find them!!

Antlers (no matter what size) look cool on the wall. Does don't!

I only take the backstraps and donate the rest, its free!

Antlers on the wall may look cool to you and to some other hunters, but I can assure you that the rest of society could care less about seeing your deer on the wall! LOL Talking from personal experience here.

I can honestly say that I wouldn't bother to hunt if I could not keep the meat.

Hunting is hunting reguardless of what you put on the ground.

So why do you keep putting down those people who choose to shoot the spike or forkhorn?? You've done it plenty of times here. So NO, from all you have said here in the past, hunting is NOT hunting to you regardless of what you put on the ground! Those who kill the younger bucks are not in the same category for you as those that hunt for mature bucks only. You have left plenty of evidence on this forum to back us up on this.

First off..What does that have to do with the subject and second off..Good luck with that.

Does your canned hunting operation allow clients to kill animals remotely (via the internet)? I was thinking about taking down a 150 class after work tonight. Please provide a price. Thanks.

So why do you keep putting down those people who choose to shoot the spike or forkhorn?? You've done it plenty of times here. So NO, from all you have said here in the past, hunting is NOT hunting to you regardless of what you put on the ground! Those who kill the younger bucks are not in the same category for you as those that hunt for mature bucks only. You have left plenty of evidence on this forum to back us up on this.

By all means please go back and show me where i put anyone down on shooting anything, Did i say i think it would be better to let the babies grow to be mature!!! Many times.

Do you even know what you're talking about?? So because I don't pass on smaller bucks that makes me a trigger happy part time hunter?? Maybe you should hunt what you want to hunt and let everyone else hunt what they want.

Exactly why I say 1 buck or does for bow/muzzle season and 1 buck or doe gun season . This way people can kill what they want. If someone only has a few days to hunt let them take whatever they want but for the hunters who want to grow bigger buck and are willing to pass on the yearlings or they can take a doe.

Exactly why I say 1 buck or does for bow/muzzle season and 1 buck or doe gun season . This way people can kill what they want. If someone only has a few days to hunt let them take whatever they want but for the hunters who want to grow bigger buck and are willing to pass on the yearlings or they can take a doe.

One step better, No ar....1 buck per season. 2 week bow,gun,muzzle. 6 week season total.

Problem is, would that season structure do what needs done as far as the population control side of things go? Im not sure it would. Granted, the majority of gun deer are taken the first two weekends, but bow take is much longer and drawn out. They would have to make up the difference with nuisance permits, and that would go over like a fart in church.

By all means please go back and show me where i put anyone down on shooting anything, Did i say i think it would be better to let the babies grow to be mature!!! Many times.

Here you go.

"Why would anyone want to shoot a buck with less than 3pts on a side anyways? You cant eat the horns anyways remember. Shoot a doe for the freezer. Help the age class and help the herd!!"

"So much is life!!! If you are also one of the guys that dont believe in AR and you are sayin you cant go out and kill one of, If not, the dumbest deer in the woods. Well i believe you would need to hone up on your hunting skills."

" I think its a joke for someone that say has been hunting for ten years or better,calls themselves a hunter and then goes out a drops the hammer on a spike or scrub 4 or 6 point. To me if you are the so called hunter you say you are then go out and find the biggest buck in the woodlot or atleast a mature animal and drop the hammer on him."

"Cabinboy really how much work and preperation does it take to go out and shoot a doe or a yearling buck!!!! Walk in any woods that have deer tracks and food...Boom..work done..."

"And that is one of the reasons ny state will never amount to a hill of beans untill they put in full restricts on antler size,shorten the seasons and on and on!!! Sore subject with many and i am sure half of those that fight it are the same ones that shoot 2 and 3 yearlings every year."

" I think its a joke for someone that say has been hunting for ten years or better,calls themselves a hunter and then goes out a drops the hammer on a spike or scrub 4 or 6 point. To me if you are the so called hunter you say you are then go out and find the biggest buck in the woodlot or atleast a mature animal and drop the hammer on him."

I have been hunting since a kid. I am 28. I consider myself a hunter. I never break any game-laws and if on 11/17 a nice 6 pointer walks out, I will shoot him and be very proud. That 6 just might be the biggest buck on the 8 acre woodlot I hunt. I will even post a report on this forum with pics. Last year I shot a 3pointer on Thanksgiving morning and posted. Not one person commented on my report by saying that I am not a hunter.

Once again, I am a hunter! and its not a joke.

• Like 2

Why cant the quality of bucks in NY be just as good as it is out west? If you want meat for your freezer, shoot a doe.

I AGREE with Antler Restrictions but the 'shoot a doe' argument is not valid. If it were only that easy on public or some private land in the mountains. Meat in the freezer constitutes first thing you see some places and not everyone has the time off work/family or lives where they can drive 20 minutes to a hunt. The west is also full of legal baiting and agriculture to the max, thats why there are more deer and they grow bigger.

Edited by PostedBoys Gallego