On the cover of todays NY Times.

Elmo

How would you figure? It's bringing awareness to hunting books from authors who were not hunters initially (except for Steve Rinella) that had turned to hunting as a healthier and more morally concious lifestyle.

5.9cummings

"Your a lucky man.

I have a great respect for all artists but his work really hits home for me. Hes one of the few people / artists that i would truly like to meet"

I've been friends with Tom since about 1986. We hunted out west (Colorado & Wyoming) a bunch of years back in the late 80's and early 90's. He has let me hunt his property since he bought it in '87. I don't bow hunt it, only some gun and LOTS of spring turkey. This deer in this picture I killed at his place during the late ML season a bunch of years ago. I went and got Tom and told him to bring his camera because I new that the conditions were perfect for some great subject photos for reference for a painting or three. I think one of them from this buck even made it to the cover of Traditioal Bowhunter Magazine. Although the guy in the painting wasn't holding a ML, NOW he had a recurve!!

img004.jpg

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 1

5.9cummings

"Your a lucky man.

I have a great respect for all artists but his work really hits home for me. Hes one of the few people / artists that i would truly like to meet"

I've been friends with Tom since about 1986. We hunted out west (Colorado & Wyoming) a bunch of years back in the late 80's and early 90's. He has let me hunt his property since he bought it in '87. I don't bow hunt it, only some gun and LOTS of spring turkey. This deer in this picture I killed at his place during the late ML season a bunch of years ago. I went and got Tom and told him to bring his camera because I new that the conditions were perfect for some great subject photos for reference for a painting or three. I think one of them from this buck even made it to the cover of Traditioal Bowhunter Magazine. Although the guy in the painting wasn't holding a ML, NOW he had a recurve!!

img004.jpg

Sweet

Definitely written by an anti! Not to be rude but if you couldn't tell it was written by an anti you have no reading comprehension skills. Look at the adjectives the author uses in these statements"he had hunted or slaughtered himself.", " hunting euphemisms for killed, skinned and disemboweled", "to take locavorism to blood-flecked new heights", "to blow things away" , "Mr. Zuckerberg’s personal year of slaughter ended in May" The author even said a liberal hunting was the equivlant of a republican coming out of the closet!

I think the article was written by someone who is neutral to the subject and threw in a couple of "oohhh--ahhh" value into the article so that it isn't bland. That's typical journalism. Shock value sells. Because while is used words such as "disemboweled", he saved "horror" to describe the meat industry as to why it is better to turn to hunting. The second to last paragraph I believe describes the authors stance; its has a bad side and a good side so you make your own judgement.

FYI: all the authors of the books mentioned there were non-hunters until they came to an epiphany. All except one. Steve Rinella grew up hunting all his life. Coincidentally, I met him while he was promoting his book and we started chit-chatting once he hound out that I hunt (only person in the room who did). This article came out that morning and he was proud of it.

From the little I know about him, I like what I've seen. He will show himself actually gutting and skinning the animal he kills, and it's not like he gives a hoot about horns like everyone else seems to these days. Let's see some of the other TV hunter heroes do something like that? All they care about is sponsors and B&C scores.