Small Game vs. Early Archery.

squirrel slayer

No one is stopping gun hunters from hunting with a bow. Gun hunters choose not to hunt bow season with a bow. Therefore they limit themselves and want to punish bow hunters who worked hard to aquire a difficult skill to hunt a special season. Instead of complaining about bow hunters, Maybe you should buy a bow and stop complaining about bowhunters. Its not like you cant afford to buy a bow. I see them used all over the place for dirt cheap. Heck there are people on here who would give you one they had laying around collecting dust.

We Bow Hunters have picked up 2 extra weeks early in the season . We shouldn't be complaining about gun hunters infringing on our hunts by hunting small game during archery season . We are still talking small game vs early archery aren't we ? We bowhunters have cut into the small game hunter's time .

We Bow Hunters have picked up 2 extra weeks early in the season . We shouldn't be complaining about gun hunters infringing on our hunts by hunting small game during archery season . We are still talking small game vs early archery aren't we ? We bowhunters have cut into the small game hunter's time .

Small game, whats that?

• Like 1

Do not confuse lamenting a hunt that is busted by other hunters as some kind of claim that they are "infringing", or some kind of indication that we (I) believe that they shouldn't be out there. I know I made that point very clear in my earlier reply. And I don't know any hunter bow or otherwise that immediately starts dancing for joy when something goes wrong with their hunt whether it is hunter induced or anything else. So if a guy wants to let off a little steam about a busted hunt, that probably is understandable whether that guy is a bowhunter, or a gun hunter, or a bird-watcher.

Second, bowhunters have not "cut into" anybody's season. We have not displaced one single small-game hunter or in anyway prevented or hampered his or her hunt. There is nothing that I or any other bowhunter (or any other kind of hunter for that matter) does that in anyway interferes with someones ability to hunt small game. That is the beauty of squirrels .... 5 minutes after someone has just walked through they come right back out and get back to work .... lol. The only major drawback to extending the season forward by 2 weeks is that now we have to choose between squirrel hunting and bowhunting. That's something that I don't particulary like since I enjoy both.

No one is stopping gun hunters from hunting with a bow. Gun hunters choose not to hunt bow season with a bow. Therefore they limit themselves and want to punish bow hunters who worked hard to aquire a difficult skill to hunt a special season. Instead of complaining about bow hunters, Maybe you should buy a bow and stop complaining about bowhunters. Its not like you cant afford to buy a bow. I see them used all over the place for dirt cheap. Heck there are people on here who would give you one they had laying around collecting dust.

I'd love to get into bowhunting, any bows for dirt cheap from some of you advid bowhunters?

Do not confuse lamenting a hunt that is busted by other hunters as some kind of claim that they are "infringing", or some kind of indication that we (I) believe that they shouldn't be out there. I know I made that point very clear in my earlier reply. And I don't know any hunter bow or otherwise that immediately starts dancing for joy when something goes wrong with their hunt whether it is hunter induced or anything else. So if a guy wants to let off a little steam about a busted hunt, that probably is understandable whether that guy is a bowhunter, or a gun hunter, or a bird-watcher.

Second, bowhunters have not "cut into" anybody's season. We have not displaced one single small-game hunter or in anyway prevented or hampered his or her hunt. There is nothing that I or any other bowhunter (or any other kind of hunter for that matter) does that in anyway interferes with someones ability to hunt small game. That is the beauty of squirrels .... 5 minutes after someone has just walked through they come right back out and get back to work .... lol. The only major drawback to extending the season forward by 2 weeks is that now we have to choose between squirrel hunting and bowhunting. That's something that I don't particulary like since I enjoy both.

Doc, just the simple fact that a parking spot that is now occupied by a bowhunters during early bow is infringing on the small game hunters. Get off your high horse and stop bitching. Let's not get into the fact that most small game hunters here also has some common courtesy to not ruin a bowhunters hunt by relocating themselves, which is also an inconvenience. I have nothing against bowhunters, just the ones that constantly bitch and bitch. Enough is enough.

very well said eddie and early you are correct i donot hate bowhunters just sick of it is all how many small game hunters have you heard due to the moving up of bow not many....erussel if you are talking to me about getting a bow i do not need too i already own one and probably shoot better than most "bowhunters" in this state i own more than one in fact i just choose to work my dog on birds rather pursue whitetails there is just somethings about watching the dog you love and trained do her thing. i just get sick of hearing about it as sportsman we should be unified working together not divided into "bowhunters" "small gamers" "gun guys" and something tells me most "bowhunters" pick up a firearm come the third sat of nov.

Edited by 16. ga hunter

doc small game is more than squirrels it also includes rabbits grouse pheasants and turkey if you by the tags. you may not think you have infringed on any ones hunt but you have this is the attitude that gets me . yes you are not stopping me from bringing my dog through any parcel of stateland i choose but as a sportsman my father taught me to respect others and if i see a car i will move on. something that i find others have seemed to have lost these days. i belive it has alot to do with the shows on tv and big time hunting stars but it seems more and more hunters are going to a me me me standpoint.maybe it would be better if we could go back to a slightly slower time.

doc small game is more than squirrels it also includes rabbits grouse pheasants and turkey if you by the tags. you may not think you have infringed on any ones hunt but you have this is the attitude that gets me . yes you are not stopping me from bringing my dog through any parcel of stateland i choose but as a sportsman my father taught me to respect others and if i see a car i will move on. something that i find others have seemed to have lost these days. i belive it has alot to do with the shows on tv and big time hunting stars but it seems more and more hunters are going to a me me me standpoint.maybe it would be better if we could go back to a slightly slower time.

Me, me, me is probably the biggest problem with much of hunting and conservation efforts today... courtesy and respect are being kept alive by very few of us.

i agree nyantler this is why i have stood by silent for awhile but just couldn't bite my tongue any longer.... i also notice more and more with no respect for the game animals either. hearing stories of blood but no deer a poof of feathers but couldn't find the bird ect. it really ticks me off where i have seen things go these last 20 years i have been hunting.

Doc, just the simple fact that a parking spot that is now occupied by a bowhunters during early bow is infringing on the small game hunters. Get off your high horse and stop bitching. Let's not get into the fact that most small game hunters here also has some common courtesy to not ruin a bowhunters hunt by relocating themselves, which is also an inconvenience. I have nothing against bowhunters, just the ones that constantly bitch and bitch. Enough is enough.

See, this is what I don't get. I re-read my post, and for the life of me, I can't see anything that is bitching. And yet here comes somebody all torqued up in a spring-loaded position, just ready to get into it for absolutely no reason at all. And then, speaking of bitching (for real), this guy's worrying about me using a parking spot. And accusing me of bitching? What the heck is that all about?

See, this is what I don't get. I re-read my post, and for the life of me, I can't see anything that is bitching. And yet here comes somebody all torqued up in a spring-loaded position, just ready to get into it for absolutely no reason at all. And then, speaking of bitching (for real), this guy's worrying about me using a parking spot. And accusing me of bitching? What the heck is that all about?

Doc, let me spell it out for you. Your mouthing off that an extra 2 weeks of the bow season has zero impact on others, specifically small game hunters. I'm just pointing out that is not the case. And as some has stated, most has stayed quiet, but your sheer ignorance and inconsiderate "me me me" stance has really got the worst out of most guys here and has spoken up. I hope this gets through your thick skull.

I'm not really sure what the big deal is. I bow hunt and I hunt small game. If I'm driving to my spot while bowhunting and see a car already there then well it's my fault I didn't get there sooner. I don't own the woods. First come first serve. I move to my secondary spot. If I'm out small game hunting and I see someone already parked in my spot. No big deal. I move to another spot.

But maybe it is my limited hunting experience but in the two full seasons of hunting where I pretty much go out ther every twice every three weeks at minimum, I've only had a parking spot taken from me while small game hunting 3 times. While bowhunting, I've never had a spot taken from me because I usually get there much earlier while bowhunting. And I hunt in areas that are supposively swarmed with the orange army.

While out hunting, I've had my hunt interupted twice. Once while small game hunting I had a bunch of kids blow through the area in ATVs doing donuts. The other time I had two hikers hiking off trail during gun season without any orange no less.

I'm not really sure what the big deal is. I bow hunt and I hunt small game. If I'm driving to my spot while bowhunting and see a car already there then well it's my fault I didn't get there sooner. I don't own the woods. First come first serve. I move to my secondary spot. If I'm out small game hunting and I see someone already parked in my spot. No big deal. I move to another spot.

But maybe it is my limited hunting experience but in the two full seasons of hunting where I pretty much go out ther every twice every three weeks at minimum, I've only had a parking spot taken from me while small game hunting 3 times. While bowhunting, I've never had a spot taken from me because I usually get there much earlier while bowhunting. And I hunt in areas that are supposively swarmed with the orange army.

While out hunting, I've had my hunt interupted twice. Once while small game hunting I had a bunch of kids blow through the area in ATVs doing donuts. The other time I had two hikers hiking off trail during gun season without any orange no less.

Were the 3 times that you had to relocate due to limited access(parking) in bow season? Could it be possible that it was a bowhunter?

See the difference is right there, most small game hunters will just chalk it up and go elsewhere, but to say that an extended 2 weeks of bow has zero impact, don't kid yourself Doc.

Doc, let me spell it out for you. Your mouthing off that an extra 2 weeks of the bow season has zero impact on others, specifically small game hunters. I'm just pointing out that is not the case. And as some has stated, most has stayed quiet, but your sheer ignorance and inconsiderate "me me me" stance has really got the worst out of most guys here and has spoken up. I hope this gets through your thick skull.

Have you actually read your last few posts? Do you know how much that really sounds like a Me-me-me attitude? Oh it doesn't count if you are a gun hunter. See, I know where you are coming from. You would like to not see bowhunters in your small-game season ..... right? Does that have a slightly familar ring to you? For those that are so ready to call bowhunters selfish and divisive, I hope you are all paying attention to this guy's posts.

Look, keep using words like ignorance, and inconsiderate, and thick skull, and really "class up" the discussion if that's what gets you through the day. But your own words are displaying your true feelings of division. You have gone from accusing me of "bitching", which didn't work well for you, to now some problem that you have with bowhunters being in the woods while you small-game hunt, which really boils down to some personal problem that you have with bowhunters. Either way, it is pretty much demonstrating that you simply want to flame someone today. Well, if that's what you're here for, knock your socks off, but at least try to make some sense while you're doing it. Yes, it does seem like "enough is enough".

I agree. I am a small game hunter and enjoy hunting coyotes on Oct.1. Most of the land I hunt is owned by fellas who deer hunt and want some coyotes thinned out. I lost 2 weeks there with the new early bow. I do not run during gun season. I also gun hunt deer. But I will not complain. I still get my running time after season. Just because I choose not to bow hunt, I will not down grade the new season.

I small game hunt and i lost 2 weeks on the one land i go because of the bow hunters but thats ok because they were using it before i was allowed to. the land i deer hunt i am the only one to hunt over there but the guy behind it bow hunts. I go out for my camera, went out for my stand but try to be quiet, but out of respect for that hunter i wouldn't shoot my gun right now or run my dog. even though he is driving me nuts!

Have you actually read your last few posts? Do you know how much that really sounds like a Me-me-me attitude? Oh it doesn't count if you are a gun hunter. See, I know where you are coming from. You would like to not see bowhunters in your small-game season ..... right? Does that have a slightly familar ring to you? For those that are so ready to call bowhunters selfish and divisive, I hope you are all paying attention to this guy's posts.

Look, keep using words like ignorance, and inconsiderate, and thick skull, and really "class up" the discussion if that's what gets you through the day. But your own words are displaying your true feelings of division. You have gone from accusing me of "bitching", which didn't work well for you, to now some problem that you have with bowhunters being in the woods while you small-game hunt, which really boils down to some personal problem that you have with bowhunters. Either way, it is pretty much demonstrating that you simply want to flame someone today. Well, if that's what you're here for, knock your socks off, but at least try to make some sense while you're doing it. Yes, it does seem like "enough is enough".

Wow, everyone was right, you really don't get it.

I have nothing against bowhunters as a group. Need I spell it out for you? I'm an aspiring bowhunter myself. Let's make that clear.

I also have nothing against bowhunters have an extended 2 weeks into the small game season, but your ignorance(yes I used it again mr classy) in believing that it has no impact on small game hunters is just a lie to make yourself feel better and cause some ruckus. I think deep down inside, you enjoy stirring the pot and causing trouble. Fact of the matter is, 2 extra weeks of bow affects small game. Period. No complaints but I will not allow you to come on here stating otherwise. You see the action-reaction going on here? Of course not(thick skull).

Don't try to paint me with that thick paintbrush of yours saying I'm anti bow, bitch, etc etc. My views and reaction to your bitching is clear, I'm just defending the nonsense that spews out of your other.....

And like all your other posts, you surely will not let this go unanswered, but I'm done explaining myself and my point has been made. Small gamers will not bitch and complain as much as I've seen some of the bow guys have and then justify the effects of their hunt as zero effect on others. Like many have proven here, small gamers just chalk it up and go elsewhere. Turn the other cheek, if you will.

Good day Sir!

Edited by shawnhu

Wow, everyone was right, you really don't get it.

I have nothing against bowhunters as a group. Need I spell it out for you? I'm an aspiring bowhunter myself. Let's make that clear.

I also have nothing against bowhunters have an extended 2 weeks into the small game season, but your ignorance(yes I used it again mr classy) in believing that it has no impact on small game hunters is just a lie to make yourself feel better and cause some ruckus. I think deep down inside, you enjoy stirring the pot and causing trouble. Fact of the matter is, 2 extra weeks of bow affects small game. Period. No complaints but I will not allow you to come on here stating otherwise. You see the action-reaction going on here? Of course not(thick skull).

Don't try to paint me with that thick paintbrush of yours saying I'm anti bow, bitch, etc etc. My views and reaction to your bitching is clear, I'm just defending the nonsense that spews out of your other.....

And like all your other posts, you surely will not let this go unanswered, but I'm done explaining myself and my point has been made. Small gamers will not bitch and complain as much as I've seen some of the bow guys have and then justify the effects of their hunt as zero effect on others. Like many have proven here, small gamers just chalk it up and go elsewhere. Turn the other cheek, if you will.

Good day Sir!

Look, it's obvious that you are just trying to be obnoxious and start a little flame war. I really have no interest in that. If you cannot conduct yourself properly in a discussion, then there is no real point in even talking to you. I am assuming that you don't agree with my assessment of the lack of impact of the extended bow season on small game hunters. I suppose you could have simply said that instead of stomping around and raving and throwing out the insults. But apparently that's not your style. So if that's the way you conduct conversations, I can't imagine any reason to continue this "discussion".