What is becoming of todays hunting?

noodle one

The answer to that is one word "GREED". Hunting is going by way of todays world. I have mine and tough luck if you don"t have yours. Most people today are selfish could care less about what others feel or think, it's my way and that it. I am sorry if this upsets some people, but if the shoe fits, wear it.

No.#1, We have people who want antler restriction and would like to see it through out the whole state. Then we have people who want it to be voluntary AR and shoot any legal buck (3 in. of antler or better). In the first group who want (AR) , are people most likely to have the time , money and private land to hunt the way, they want to hunt and they could less about their neighbor, other than thay might shot to small of a deer. They don't care less that their neighbor, who may have less land ,money and time to hunt, because they need to work to pay their bills and put food on their table, they can not afford to take the time off to hunt.the neighbor may only get out to hunt one day a week or two days if he is lucky. So when it come to (AR) let's think of others and not just our selfs. I have 1400 acres to hunt and the time, plus the money to do whatever I want, just to let you know. Some of you are thinking that you have worked hard to have what you have, so you deserve to have it your way. While don't let this shockyou, but your neighbor also worked hard for what he has, and maybe he is not as lucky as you.

No.#2 , Now we have the bowhunter and the people who want to hunt with a crossbow in bow season. The bowhunter will tell them,(NO WAY) not in my season and not my deer.A lot of people who want (AR) are the same people who don't want crossbow hunting in their season. Let me tell you something, it is not your season and the deer do not belong to you. The season and the deer belong to the people of New York. The bowhunter is so afraid that someone will get a deer with a crossbow that they want and will do anything to stop crossbow hunting. If this is not GREED by the bowhunters, then I don't know what to call it.

Our forefathers came here 220 years ago to get away from some of the very same restrictions, that others want today. (NO HUNTING ON THE KINGS LAND and DO ONLY WHAT THE KING TELLS YOU and WANTS YOU TO DO). Today I look around and see us coming back full circle to where it started and it has me worried. Those of you who  think this can not happen had better stop and look around as you read this because it is happing every day. This may not happen to you personally, but it can happen to your children and are you that selfish to let it happen to them.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate government regulations (especially taxes) but I think your philosophy is over generalized.  I dislike government regulations, but this isn't a libertarian society. So  let me ask you a question - Since you've made the argument about crossbows and AR's as a question of freedom - let me propose this  - Can I use a fully automatic rifle ? Can I bait ? can I use a snowmobile ?

Where is the line in the sand  ?

I'm glad you have 1400 acres to hunt. Nice manageable piece of land to hunt and do as you please.  I wouldnt care what my neighbor was shooting or what he was shooting it with if I had 1400 acres.  When you have a city to hunt in who cares what everyone else is doing.

With that said whos greedy for not looking at everyone else.

I'm glad you have 1400 acres to hunt. Nice manageable piece of land to hunt and do as you please.  I wouldnt care what my neighbor was shooting or what he was shooting it with if I had 1400 acres.  When you have a city to hunt in who cares what everyone else is doing.

With that said whos greedy for not looking at everyone else.

I'm sorry , are your shoes getting to tight.

I hate government regulations (especially taxes) but I think your philosophy is over generalized.  I dislike government regulations, but this isn't a libertarian society. So  let me ask you a question - Since you've made the argument about crossbows and AR's as a question of freedom - let me propose this  - Can I use a fully automatic rifle ? Can I bait ? can I use a snowmobile ?

I don't mind paying taxes, if I am paying taxes, I'm making money. I don't care what you use hunting as long as it is legal

I have no shoes on, but your talking out of you know what.  Telling everyone about your "1400" acres and everyone should be able to do as they please.  You are blessed to have it and dont have anyone within a mile of you that can affect your hunting in any way.  Looking at thing one way.

I wouldnt care either if I had that much land.  I could care less what everyone wants.  I would close my eyes and be greedy too.

I don't mind paying taxes, if I am paying taxes, I'm making money. I don't care what you use hunting as long as it is legal

i don't understand the contradiction adn circular logic - "as long as it is legal" - i thought your complaining about freedom from legal restrictions ?

I have no shoes on, but your talking out of you know what.  Telling everyone about your "1400" acres and everyone should be able to do as they please.  You are blessed to have it and dont have anyone within a mile of you that can affect your hunting in any way.  Looking at thing one way.

I wouldnt care either if I had that much land.  I could care less what everyone wants.  I would close my eyes and be greedy too.

[/quote No where in my post did I state or say that I own 1400 acres of land, if you had read the post than you would seem that I said I had 1400 acres of land to hunt. There are 30 other people who hunt this land, all seasons.

Where in my post did I contradict myself. I did not complain about legal restrictions. I stated that there are some people who want to have (AR) through out the state. As far as crossbow hunting, the law has not been signed, and all I stated is that the bowhunter don't want it. Please let me know where I contradicted myself, Maybe you need to put you reading glasses on.

i don't understand the contradiction adn circular logic - "as long as it is legal" - i thought your complaining about freedom from legal restrictions ?

noodle, put your shoes on backswards and walk the other way.

Fairgame, Please don't take this so personal and be so petty with your replys. If you disgree with my post, please state were you think I am wrong and than state what you feel is right. Please ,please , life is to short to have hurt feeling.

Coming in saying you have all this land you hunt and enough money to do what you want, At this point in your post you dont care what anyone in your post thinks.  You wrote it to piss people off and you said it that it was for that reason.  "GREED" the only greed we see is only what I stated at this point cause its all about you and what you have and who cares about what everyone else thinks.  If you cant see where you went wrong then there is something wrong.

You have no Idea of my financial status or anyone elses to even start talking like that. 

Coming in saying you have all this land you hunt and enough money to do what you want, At this point in your post you dont care what anyone in your post thinks.  You wrote it to piss people off and you said it that it was for that reason.  "GREED" the only greed we see is only what I stated at this point cause its all about you and what you have and who cares about what everyone else thinks.  If you cant see where you went wrong then there is something wrong.

You have no Idea of my financial status or anyone elses to even start talking like that.

I don't care what your financial status and besides it is none of my business. I don't care if you are rich , poor or just a working man like myself. I wrote in my post that I have 1400 acres to hunt and I have money to do what I want. I only put that in the post so people would know that I am not just jealous of what others have. I am 66 years old going on 67 next month and retired. My children are grown and my home is paid for, so yes I do have money to do what I want. Now please tell me where I went wrong in my post, telling people how I feel and see things. All my life all I wanted was to have people treat me right and that is how I treat others. I hope that this answers some of your questions for you about my post. Now please tell me where I am wrong and show me what is right. If you can not see greed in what others are trying to do , then you are not looking very close.

Regulations are for everyone.  They are all around us.  The more people there are the more regulations there is going to be. Thats just the way it is.  Where do you see a problem with AR's in an area like southeastern NY where lots of land are small and almost every lot has hunters on it.  With all these hunters in the area bucks were getting shot out for years, never having the opportunity to grow.They were having a hard time getting to 1 1/2.  How is a hunter in that area that owns his own property going to have the opportunity at even a 2 1/2 year old buck when you didnt even have to look at what it was and someone could just shoot.  Where is it fair for the person who wanted to shoot a larger buck.  Did the person who pays taxes on their own property have to hunt in western NY for a nice buck?  Where is it fair for that hunter?  Are these ARs important in these areas?  Yes IMO.

By the way my shoes fit and they were too TIGHT! :-\

If you were trying to be a mediator in your post it shouldnt of been one sided. Another is that if you werent trying to get anyone upset there was no need for an appology..You appologized knowing it was going to upset someone.  Me having an oppinion doesnt make me a bad guy, and from what I read in your last post your not a bad person either. 

ok now I get it. and the name noodle one means?  I was actually siding with you and I wa sno thte onoe who would be calling you stupid, but I guess if the shoe fits.  You just like to attack anyone regardless of their stance.  Well good luck.  I am sorry your life sucks so bad  y ou fins th eneed to take out your frustrations on an internet forum.  I guess mommy wont let you talk back to her.

ok now I get it. and the name noodle one means?  I was actually siding with you and I wa sno thte onoe who would be calling you stupid, but I guess if the shoe fits.  You just like to attack anyone regardless of their stance.  Well good luck.  I am sorry your life sucks so bad  y ou fins th eneed to take out your frustrations on an internet forum.  I guess mommy wont let you talk back to her.

bubba, I am sorry, but I am getting mixed signals from your replys. In your first reply you stated ( careful noodle one next you will  be stupid) . What doses that mean? ( lacking intelligence, dull, senseless, pointless). In your next reply you stated that you actually were siding with me. I in no way enjoy attacking individuals, but when someone insults or attacks me ,I DEFEND MYSELF.When a group of people try to inpose their wants and ideas on others and I feel it is wrong, then yes, I do speak up. If there was a misunderstanding on my part, then I am sorry.

In regards to the original post, before all this squabbling started, the old fellow is merely trying to say that people these days care more about "points & width" than the actual hunting experience.

I'd say that is probably true to a certain extent.

I would cheerfully disagree that this is a change in the general attitude of people in the past xx number of years, though.  I think people are exactly the same as they have always been.  I think it's just better publicized now.

I also think the older we get, the more we pay attention to and have awareness of these facts, whereas in our youth we're far too busy & self absorbed to pay much attention to it.

Plus we want those damn kids to get off our lawns.......

I for one support the AR for certain areas, and support additional funding for the DEC to research and maintain it.  Yes they can take more $$ out of my paycheck to do so.

bubba, I am sorry, but I am getting mixed signals from your replys. In your first reply you stated ( careful noodle one next you will  be stupid) . What doses that mean? ( lacking intelligence, dull, senseless, pointless). In your next reply you stated that you actually were siding with me. I in no way enjoy attacking individuals, but when someone insults or attacks me ,I DEFEND MYSELF.When a group of people try to inpose their wants and ideas on others and I feel it is wrong, then yes, I do speak up. If there was a misunderstanding on my part, then I am sorry.

Im almost 100% sure Bubba meant something along the lines of "Be careful what you say or next thing you know, some one will call you stupid".

He wasnt attacking you, Bubba doesnt underhandedly attack anyone, he comes right out with it when he does it.  :)