Posted Signs

I belong to a hunt club that leases about 800 acres that has to be posted every couple of years because our sign's fall down. We lease from a lumber company so nails are prohibited. We usually post on trees that are not going to get harvested by the lumber company by using aluminium nails but they only last a couple of years. Any Ideas?

double sided tape?? my buddy put it on his blazer to hold the chevrolet emblem on.. it olds very good to his blazer been on there for 6 months now.. not sure about a tree though, worth a shot

Edited by danc0320

Willy,

I have a similar lease. many times I see signs stretched flat around the tree and as soon as the tree grows it pulls the staples throught the sign. If you are stapling directly staple the sign with at least 4' of slack in the center vertical.

The better option is to use plywood with Alum. nails on the top and bottom center. then staple the the plywood

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

All those ideas being good ones they are expensive and labor intensive, even on flat land lugging around 30-40 posts would be a chore, not to mention all the hardware and tools. I'm thinking something that would fit in a back pack that used simple tools, and could be used with existing sign's. I guess I'm trying to see if people would buy a product that was inexpensive, easy to transport and use, did not harm the tree and stayed on the tree for ten or more years.

I was thinking the zip-ties also. Aluminum signs with two slots cut along the sides. Thread the zip-ties through the slots and around the trees, and you probably have nearly a lifetime installation. No nails at all.

Only problem is that you need over a 36" zip tie to mount on a 12" tree. if the tree grows a 1/8" growth ring in one year that is a stretch of 3/4" ....every year.(round numbers...lol)

Aluminum signs...with holes drilled into the corners...then go to a fabric store and buy a shank of cloth covered elastic cording...it comes in different sizes.......string through so elastic can be tied in the back side of tree...stretches as tree grows...signs not too heavy and cording is light...no need for tools

• 2 weeks later...