hows sandy treating you

Dan92

rain and wind....lots of branches down...moved tractor to open area away from trees and parked vehicles close to the porch along drive way....55 gal drum filled ...coolers filled and generator set.....kept heat higher than normal and shut all storms...all laundry done ...freezer full of frozen milk jugs...fresh fruit and veggies and milk stocked.....

I'm actually sure that it's going to stay pretty much south of us...some one in grocery store bought 15 loafs of bread???...another cleared the shelves of all bottled water....it was a mad house out there today and funny really.....

No biggie yet here in Steuben..Some wind and rain but no big deal...I suspect the worst is yet to come.

Good luck to you folks downstate..Hope you all make out OK..

GEEZE Growie, you are very prepared..Can the Mermaid and I drive up and stay with you until the storm is past ?? lol... Got any BEER..??..

High winds here in Oyster Bay. Not too much rain. Lost cable tv for about one hour and lights have been flickering.

Some pictures of Theodore Roosevelt Park in OB

2CB8ADE4-8759-4D8F-90F6-6A47674DAC1C-6184-0000085DACCD142F.jpg

0C5CB7B7-7CE9-4C21-A9E7-913AABBFFCAF-6184-0000085DAFB11F43.jpg

3EA71172-CA5F-4583-8A14-F34C91E80CD6-6184-0000085DB06035D7.jpg

This is Fireman's field under water. I was there two weeks ago working at the Oysterfest.

E7822370-7BF1-4C90-B875-FA4D906B8C50-6184-0000085DB5794BBF.jpg

Entrance to TR park

D1CC587A-3137-4576-B465-72F640642278-6184-0000085DB2CC6F43.jpg

This is a bbq picnic area about 250 yds from the sound.

681BDBAE-A9E2-44AF-9551-8A56CC830C4F-6184-0000085EED95B3FE.jpg

Edited by Deerthug

mildly gusty with sustained winds around 10-15 mph, starting to lightly rain. storm has definitely been overhyped for my area, Utica NY. schools were let out at noon lol my mothers work in syracuse told everyone to stay home dont come back until wednesday, shelves are empty at the grocery store, good luck buying a generator there arent any left lol

oh yea, and of course the storm just so happens to be headed right for refineries in NJ area that account for 7% of our gas, so expect gas prices to go up, no surprise to me. i would have expected them to go up even if they werent in the path just using the storm as an excuse to squeeze a few more dollars out of us.

Hahaha!! Grow's place sounds a lot like mine!! Horseheads is getting some good wind. My house seems to be on the lee-side of the hilltop, for now. Rain of course. Haven't lost power yet, but the generator is on stanby. EVERYONE, DON'T FORGET!!!!: if we lose power, we lose debit and credit cards, AND gas pumps!!! If you need gas or cash, get it while you can before you lose power!!!

Best wishes and good luck to everyone

No biggie yet here in Steuben..Some wind and rain but no big deal...I suspect the worst is yet to come.

Good luck to you folks downstate..Hope you all make out OK..

GEEZE Growie, you are very prepared..Can the Mermaid and I drive up and stay with you until the storm is past ?? lol... Got any BEER..??..

On the safe side, bring your own and bring a couple spare cases.....<grin>

High winds here in Oyster Bay. Not too much rain. Lost cable tv for about one hour and lights have been flickering.

Some pictures of Theodore Roosevelt Park in OB

0C5CB7B7-7CE9-4C21-A9E7-913AABBFFCAF-6184-0000085DAFB11F43.jpg

This is Fireman's field under water. I was there two weeks ago working at the Oysterfest.

Entrance to TR park

look at the sign.

DEAD END.

Boats at its dead end