OMG HAZ HE TAKEN ALLZ UR GUNZ YET?!?!

This treaty is to stop little pocket dictators from buying crates of AK-47s, not stop people from buying a legal shotgun in Greece.

We know what the stated purpose is, but our own internal experiences with gun-control laws and regulations show that there is always an incrementalist or evolutionary aspect to all such laws that make them expand in scope over the years. Many times, the most innocent looking laws/treaties serve only as "foot in the door" instruments. I don't blame people for viewing this kind of thing with a suspicious eye, particulary given the attitudes of our own country's leadership who we would otherwise normally look to for protections.

Also we can talk like we know all the details of this treaty by simply parroting back the sales points that have been handed to us, but the fact is that we do not have first hand info on the details and loop-holes of the treaty or the details of what the final version will turn out to be. So again, if there are those of us that are a bit suspicious of international involvement with any aspect of items that are legal within our borders, I see that as a positive thing. I would rather we adopt that watchful attitude than to just nod our heads and mindlessly swallow whatever prepared statements that come our way from the proponents.

• Like 1

Can you all come over and watch my kids,... My back is killing me from carrying the welfare system on my shoulders for the last four years..... I don't see any relief in sight of the next four years either.

You carried it before that and you will carry for the future just I did and do. The welfare system is not going away regardless of who got elected.

The government is like a tiger that sits near you waiting. The man who thinks he's safe because it hasn't lunged forward and devoured him yet, is quite optimistic, but foolish.

When you have allowed the government complete power over your freedom and liberty, it is inevitable it will eventually exercise complete control over it. The Constitution was written to prevent this from happening, but fools have allowed it's protections to be eroded by unpatriotic power hungry politicians and a politically charged US Supreme Court, which is about to get even more Liberal with the next two appointments.

Your gun rights are being scrutinized as I write this. They most certainly will be drastically infringed over the next four years. Those who own guns but are not fighting for the rights of all gun owners and the entire 2nd Amendment, need to check their arrogance and apathy, unless they want to find themselves regretting their ignorance and contempt of those more far sighted.

You may not see agents at your door in the middle of the night to take all your guns, but like the drug war operations go, you will be under surveillance. When enough evidence has been gathered and the time is right, your blip on their radar will be enforced and your whole life will become completely firearm free and a nightmare. One felony conviction, for any gun law offense, and all of your guns must be turned in. The Fed doesn't need to take them, you will need to turn them in. Is that a joke to you?

If you think this is not going to happen, is laughable, or a joke, please keep your distance from me, as I don't want to be associated or affiliated with you when they take you down. It's also easy to tell who you are. If your not NRA, it's obvious.

• Like 1

Just been verified on the Fox News Network that the Obama administration is planning an all out gun grab that will include house to house firearm collections of any weapon including air rifles and muzzleloaders. This report has been confirmed by Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly just moments ago!

Edited by sits in trees

Simple. Infringe on as many areas as possible, in spite of the 2nd Amendment. The SCOTUS has to decide what's constitutional after it is applied. It took over 30 years to strike down the DC gun ban as unconstitutional. And with two new anti-gun leftist Judges to be appointed by Obama in this 2nd term, you can bet future SCOTUS opinions will not favor individual rights under the 2nd Amendment.

If you don't belong to the NRA you're foolish. You don't have to accept, or agree with everything they say and do, but if you are against them, you're against most firearms freedom in the government's eyes, and can be easily duped into "common sense" legislation that takes away your gun rights.

The NRA is the most informative gun rights group in the country. They give you the facts. Form your own opinion about them, but get the facts none the less. If you choose to hate them, the government loves you, because you are not thinking for yourself, you are letting the government tell you what to think.

• Like 2

They give you the facts. Form your own opinion about them, but get the facts none the less.

That is the part I have a problem with? When Fox News challenges the NRA on so called "facts" that should tell you something. As I said, I'm a long time member and will continue to be. I just wish they would stick with the "facts". I kind of have a hard time with the non-stop requests for money to "protect my freedoms" too. But I guess with such meager working conditions they could really use more.

nra%20hq.jpg

Ginsberg and Breyer are conteplating retirement, as is Kennedy. The Liberal Judges will choose to retire while Obama is in office in order to allow him to appoint two more radical Leftist Judges like Kagan and Sotomeyer.

How do you think that is going to impact future 2nd Amendment rulings, especially when the individual right to own firearms ruling was upheld by only a 5 to 4 vote when it was ruled?

Whoa! I can not entertain further discussion on this subject when you ask a question like that. Examine her record and rulings and get back to me. And the Liberal Judges will be replaced with RADICALLY LIBERAL Judges this time. Kennedy is considered a moderate. He voted for gun rights in the past.

Early, that was never said. The voices in your head are yelling over the conversation again. Time to up the medication.

The last part was a joke... I guess I should have used a :biggrin: , but they have hunted together. I don't believe he will nominate radically liberal justices, but they will definitely be liberal. I don't see the make up of the supreme court changing drastically, unless a conservative justice has health issues and is forced to leave. I'm fully prepared to fight (in a political sense) against anyone who tries to take away our gun rights, but we need to separate fact from fiction.

Kagan is looking to Scalia for familiarity with gun ownership for hunting. This helps her to form opinions on the restriction of any weapon not suitable for "sporting" purposes. Handguns, semi-auto black rifles, combat shotguns, and the like are her targets.

If you are prepared to fight, OK then, that's good. But they are already taking our gun rights away as covertly as they possibly can. The fight is already in progress. I hope you are in it, not viewing it from afar thinking it doesn't look too bad from there.

• 1 month later...

AIN'T FUNNY ANYMORE IS IT?

THIS THREAD NEEDS TO GO BACK TO THE TOP TO SEE HOW FOOLISH A LOT OF THE PRIOR COMMENTS WERE.

WAKE UP AMERICA! THEY GUN GRABBERS SMELL BLOOD IN THE WATER NOW AND THEY AIN'T GONNA STOP UNTIL ALL OF YOU SEMI-AUTOS, PUMPS, HANDGUNS AND DETACHABLE MAGAZINES ARE GONE!

AND IF YOU THINK THEY WILL STOP WITH THE RESTRICTIONS YOU BELIEVE ARE "REASONABLE", YOU'RE TOO STUPID AND IRRESPONSIBLE TO OWN A GUN ANYWAY.

SOME OF YOU GUN OWNERS MAKE ME MADDER THAN THE ANTI-GUN NUTS, BECAUSE YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER.

IF YOU VOTED FOR OBAMA, YOU ARE ABOUT TO GET EXACTLY WHAT YOU VOTED FOR.

THIS WILL BE AMERICA IN THE NEAR FUTURE.....GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoLSk_BjGuo

• Like 1

It's gun owners like you who have put us in this precarious position in the first place. I will not give up any of my rights to make you, or anyone else feel better. That's plain stupid.

I'm not going to be part of this "coming together" because it's two wolves and a lamb deciding what is going to be eaten for dinner. I'm the lamb, but I'm well armed, so I still have a say.

WAKE UP AMERICA! THEY GUN GRABBERS SMELL BLOOD IN THE WATER NOW AND THEY AIN'T GONNA STOP UNTIL ALL OF YOU SEMI-AUTOS, PUMPS, HANDGUNS AND DETACHABLE MAGAZINES ARE GONE!

When the "blood in the water" is a bunch of 6 and 7 year olds, things change politically. If you don't understand that then I think you are too stupid to own a gun.

It's gun owners like you who have put us in this precarious position in the first place. I will not give up any of my rights to make you, or anyone else feel better. That's plain stupid.

I'm not going to be part of this "coming together" because it's two wolves and a lamb deciding what is going to be eaten for dinner. I'm the lamb, but I'm well armed, so I still have a say.

So please oh wise one, tell us how gun owners have put us in this precarious position?