Who misses bow season already?!!

deerpassion

I'm committed to bow hunting all year just because it has been two years of bow without getting m first. So i am hoping my persistence pays off this season.

it will, just give it time... or change something if its not working...odly enough my first deer ever was a buck with my bow,,,, not often that that happens and im thankful for that.... adapt, learn, and love mother nature, what its all about.. if this could be my full time job i would be in heaven... if i could give any advice for a bowhunter it would be find the most freshly used trails and set up on them....

How's any bowhunter more dedicated? The hunting implement doesn't make you a better hunter, your personal approach to the craft does.... there are lazy asses bow hunters as are many gun or MZ hunters. It is YOU that makes the difference no matter what tool you use...IMO

ok ok , not what im preaching man.... i agree there r gun hunters that are as dedicated as bowhunters, and i agree there are some lazy aZZ bowhunters too, always an exception to the rule, just simply stating that in my experience, for the most part those that bow hunt first and gun hunt later are more likely to be more ethically dedicated hunters instead of some gun hunters who just show up opening day like "ok im here , where the deer at" .... im a gun hunter too don't forget, but i've also put my time in already before that gettin to know the deer .... why do u think it is that archery has a stand alone feel to it in the woods, and as soon as gun roles around there is a dude every five feet in orange, i mean come on man.... im not hatin on gun, just the numbers and those who don't care edge wise and just want to shoot a gun in the woods whether its at a deer or not... and YOU KNOW what im talkin bout!

I hear ya deerpassion, and I do know what you are talking about.... Its just gets to me when people say bow is different, yeah it is so is gun and MZ. Bow you hunt in short sleeve, MZ you have 4 t-shirts on :-) All I'm saying is, let's stop the chevy vs. ford debate and let's just hunt and enjoy that awesome organic food we are all after... :-)

• Like 1

I hear ya deerpassion, and I do know what you are talking about.... Its just gets to me when people say bow is different, yeah it is so is gun and MZ. Bow you hunt in short sleeve, MZ you have 4 t-shirts on :-) All I'm saying is, let's stop the chevy vs. ford debate and let's just hunt and enjoy that awesome organic food we are all after... :-)

for sure, im all about that venison! plain and simple, i miss bow cause i had the woods to myself , lol.... AND i love bowhunting... :) just frustrated with numbers right now is all.... no hard feelings at all....

I miss bow hunting. Have grown to like it more and more over the last couple years. The close encounters and thrill of getting as close as possible without them knowing you are there is a great rush. But, there is nothing like making a good shot on a nice deer with your gun. I guess I am very fortunate to have the land that we do on the farm and the neighbors that I do. We have nearly 100 acres, are bordered by my neighbor who owns ~350 acres to the south and west, to the east is another farm with ~200-300 acres, and a hunt club with a couple hundred acres just to the north that practices AR. They don't do a lot of deer drives, are very respectable of others boundaries, and don't have a ton of people hunting the property. I hardly ever see anyone in the woods while hunting, so that is probably why I don't mind gun season as much. I will bring my bow with me once in a while during gun season, sounds foolish but what the hell.

i dont bow hunt, but there is a reason.......(i dont know how)....... i dont have my bow cert. i desperately want it. everytime time i get signed up, something happens, and its wierd. (knee surgery 2010, finger tip amputation 2012, finger nearly re amputated, etc, etc) So, i will see what 2013 brings me. ill have alot to learn, thats for sure, but, i think it is time for me to learn something new, and challenging. im sure when i will get to miss it, but then again, maybe not, wh knows. i like my guns alot.

i dont bow hunt, but there is a reason.......(i dont know how)....... i dont have my bow cert. i desperately want it. everytime time i get signed up, something happens, and its wierd. (knee surgery 2010, finger tip amputation 2012, finger nearly re amputated, etc, etc) So, i will see what 2013 brings me. ill have alot to learn, thats for sure, but, i think it is time for me to learn something new, and challenging. im sure when i will get to miss it, but then again, maybe not, wh knows. i like my guns alot.

Archery may not be for you as you appear to be awalking train wreck...........<grin>

For me there is no comparison, I love bow hunting! Where I hunt I just see so many more deer during bow season, especially bucks. I took a nice 7 point during bow this year. On Saturday (opening day) I saw 14 doe but not one buck. Once the shooting starts the bucks seem to go underground. During gun season I have all kinds of problems with people trespassing on my proprety, but during bow I have the place all to myself (at least as far as I know) So bow gets my vote every time!

Im snake bit this gun season. Not one but two of my guns have been knocked off....one by me (hit my scope so hard with my knuckles i bled on two of them...while trying to clear a mz load) and then idiots at gander that dont know how to put a scope on....i can spin my scope around....

Bow season seems so much more simple.

Im snake bit this gun season. Not one but two of my guns have been knocked off....one by me (hit my scope so hard with my knuckles i bled on two of them...while trying to clear a mz load) and then idiots at gander that dont know how to put a scope on....i can spin my scope around....

Bow season seems so much more simple.

Phase, you should know better than let anyone else set up your stuff. Shame on you!

I don't trust anyone to set up my guns or bow now. I loktite where I should when others don't bother. Saves a lot of grief later on.

i gun hunt just to scout my bow season spots and maybe take a deer at a distance in the process.

Ya that's pretty much what I've been doin ... Checking out new areas while the sign is fresh for next bow... Hard sittin in stand for too long on state land when ya know ur not gonna see anything, come on bow 2013!!!
  • Like 1