Wrapping meat

Dom

I use zip lock freezer bags. Works fine as long as you push out as much air as possible before sealing. Also, i dont keep deer meat for more than one year so ive never had a problem with freezer burn. And, a permanent marker works perfect for labeling packages.

I wrap with clear freezer wrap ( like Saran Wrap or others) and then place it in Ziploc Freezer bags. You can open the ziploc, take out a serving and reseal the bag. I can get two or three individually wrapped helpings in a quart ziploc.Works well for me and keeps without freezer burn for a year.

I use the vaccum packer.But,after deboning and rinsing off the meat (steaks,roasts etc) I dry them with an old lint free towel,then par-freeze them on a baking sheet (not total freeze) so when I hit the vaccum pack button,the juices stay where they should...inside the meat.I do this with anything that has alot of juice,fish,blueberries.

If not vacuum sealing, wrap tightly with saran wrap (gets the air out) and freezer paper.

Used packages over 2 years old still fine.

Air is the enemy.

Same way I have do it for 30 years. Saran Wrap, freezer paper, masking tape & a Sharpie. I spent 6 hours yesterday skinning, boning, cutting, grinding and wrapping. My wife pitched in when it was time to wrap as I had just about had it I was so tired. Second greatest feeling in the world when that job is done. Don't even think about asking what the best feeling is..........<grin>

I have it wrapped in freezer paper. Then seperate the meat into steaks, chops, stew.... what ever and put the wrapped packs of meat into brown paper shopping bags. Fold/roll the bags down tight and into the freezer. You're good for at least a year and a half more like two years.