WILDGAME TRAIL CAM

hey i need an answer quick do any of you guys have any experience w a Wildgame Innovations S2C Digital Scouting Stealth Trail Cam Camera...... there is one selling on ebay brand new for $35 and its ending in 30 min... r these good cameras or just junk that someone pt in a nice package...... also my MAIN concern is battery life scince i got burned on another 20 doller camera i bought........ thanks

LINK:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wildgame-Innovations-S2C-Digital-Scouting-Stealth-Trail-Cam-Camera-/130804433918?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e748d43fe

Keep looking I swear by wildgame and really only buy them. { I know that might sound like i'm over doing it }.

The first trail cam I ever had I got for a gift, It was ok untill it just stoped working while in the feild. I went to wal-mart bought a trail cam that I thought would work ok and it blew my mind the nice pics it took. I now own 4 of them lol and my default pic was taken with one. Keep your eyes open some people sell stuff like that during the off season.

Good luck.

i have had bad experiences with the 2 wildgame trail cams. The first one lasted for about 4 months and then started putting a thick black line across every image (i even tried cleaning and wiping the lense). The second one stopped uploading the images onto the memory chip. I would hear it taking pictures and see the ifrared light go off, but there would not be anything on the chip or internal memory. I just switched over to moultrie and so far so good.

• Like 1

I agree with Eddie, the lack of multi-shot is my biggest complaint. There are tons of times that the 2nd or 3rd pic my Moultries take are the real good pic out of the bunch.

I would have to agree with that.But at the same time,my WGI will take a clean pic of a moving animal and the Moultrie gives me this every time.

With multi shots the Moultrie is good,IF, the subject stays within the shot area and your cam comes out of sleep mode in time.That always gets me some nice back half of the deer pics.:)

post-835-0-82136800-1354209363_thumb.jpg

post-835-0-99878500-1354209515_thumb.jpg

I guess i'm just very turned off by them. I have returned so many that it just got to the point that i never had any cams out in the woods because they were all being repaired. I still have two now. one the infrared doesn't work so all nighttime pictures are black. and the other just takes random pics of nothing all day long. I set one up about a month and a half ago. it took 348 pictures of trees blowing in the wind and not one of a deer. and there was a big rub 15 yards in front of it that wasn't there when i set it up. I'm not even returning them at this point b/c i don't want anymore of their junk. I feel like using them for target practice.. :hunter-smiley-face:

I would recommend Bushnell and Moultrie as i have one of each and they never failed me. They also both take great video (with audio) and pictures.

John

i've used a bunch of their models.... i've had to return a lot. they do have good customer service and are good about you returning them. problem is most likely will do it often. i haven't seemed to have issues with any red4's or newer. my next camera will probably be something else though. also field scan is a must have in a trail cam these days.

• 2 weeks later...

I know of my two ir4's one started take dark shots at night, on sinspection the ir was triggering about 1.5 secs before the camera. they replaced it with a refurbished unit that seems fine.

My bushnell gives me far more pictures of deer, and also has given me pics of rabbits and squirrels, something I never saw with my wildgames.

Check some of the sites that review cams. Wildgame is alwyas at the bottom. I bought 2 over the years and both were junk. I would never buy another one. There are so many other good ones on the market.

Idk man... I own a few never had problems. I just took a quick look at wal-mart and amazon and they generally have 4 stars for some of the better ones.

I've had mine for years rain, snow, cold it works just fine.

I know some people dont like the slow trigger speeds on the stealth cams but for the price they have never done me wrong. Ive had mine in the woods for almost a yr now and all I do is recharge the battery. Takes good pics, just need to make sure you face cam down the trail, or put on a food plot or scrape so you get good pics.

post-205-0-34457800-1355383332_thumb.jpg

post-205-0-64814300-1355383351_thumb.jpg

post-205-0-00008300-1355383364_thumb.jpg

post-205-0-76299200-1355383377_thumb.jpg

I wouldnt buy anything Wildgame Innovations sells, its all pure China junk. i called them about 1 month ago about a 1.5yr old trailcam of theirs i owned that just stopped working, they told me its out of warranty and they dont fix them, they then told me maybe you can bring it to a camera shop. I have had 2 other Wildgame innovations cams in the past and have also had nothing but trouble with them. nothing more dissapointing then getting to your cams in the woods when you know there will be deer in the pics and finding out the stupid thing has been sitting there for a week not WORKING!! their stuff is GARBAGE!