The Day (Massive Adirondack 8)

sampotter

Thanks everyone. I am still in shock. I caped and butchered him last night because it is supposed to warm up. Field dressed 180#. There is something about getting a good one up there that means a whole lot more than getting one in farm country. I am the 5th generation to hunt that land and things are set up so there will hopefully be many more...

Edited by sampotter

Thanks again. I was able to get his skull in the Buck Boiler today while working at the farm. Took 5 hours from start to finish. The buck on the left is the one I hit with my truck on Halloween and he scores a little over 120". The bases of the G2s on the big 8 are slightly larger than the bases of the 120" buck's antlers.

post-50-0-56203600-1354408581_thumb.jpg

Sam, Great story and buck! I had a similiar experience and shot a big eight point in the Adirondacks on my birthday just after my Father died in 2002. I felt my Dad Spirit real big that day. I almost felt like his finger pulled trigger instead of mine. Congratulations!

• 11 months later...

Thanks F-150. I have always loved to read hunting stories and figured since I am having some of my own I should try my hand at it. I've found it is good to write it all down while it is fresh in my memory as the little details that flesh a story out are easy to forget.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for sharing your whole hunting story and hunting adventure with all of us.

Congrads to you on such a successful hunt with such a nice buck to even show for it. So nice of you to both salute and remember your Grandpap. We just don't realize what we miss so much and lost so much of until it's gone from our lives. Or the many things that we had in common with such family members or otherwise.

Good luck in the future,and we all know grandpap will be pulling for you and watching over you every step of the way until you join him yourself.