How can we get illegal handguns off the street?

We are a nation of checks and balances, and if our guns are stripped from us, who then will keep the military and government in check?

I understand this type of arguement however, our nation has the best armed military any where on the planet and if you think civilians would be able to undertake some type of over throw against Jet fighters and war ships ect you would be wrong. We weill never be armed the same as our govenrment gun control or no control.

I understand this type of arguement however, our nation has the best armed military any where on the planet and if you think civilians would be able to undertake some type of over throw against Jet fighters and war ships ect you would be wrong. We weill never be armed the same as our govenrment gun control or no control.

So if we are underarmed why not be further underarmed. Makes sense

I agree. But the gap between what I may come across as a threat in my life may have just gotten wider. Face it as you said if our military becomes a threat we don't stand a chance. But there is a very real possibllity I could run into a threat that restrictions could make me undergunned. Our decission how to best protect our families is being taken out of our hands.

• Like 1

You can arm every ant with a toothpick and it can overthrow any government or protect itself from it.

I'm not sure why you are taking this to extremes, but an armed citizenry in my opinion is better than not.

You can arm every ant with a toothpick and it can overthrow any government or protect itself from it.

I'm not sure why you are taking this to extremes, but an armed citizenry in my opinion is better than not.

Extreems? No that is reality my friend. I don't disagree that it is important for citizens to be armed but really what would you do against a tank ect with even the badest gun you could own?

I agree. But the gap between what I may come across as a threat in my life may have just gotten wider. Face it as you said if our military becomes a threat we don't stand a chance. But there is a very real possibllity I could run into a threat that restrictions could make me undergunned. Our decission how to best protect our families is being taken out of our hands.

No it hasn't, you can protect you family now as you will be able to tomorrow, unless you are up against a tank.

OK I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry if I pissed off the mods. Hope you will welcome me back with open arms. I really think this topic has gone away from the original post asking for solutions of how can we get illegal handguns off the street.

As long as it has and we are on gun control I thought I'd add this.

I think we all forget that the 2nd amendment was passed in 1791. Here is a link:

http://faculty.ncwc.edu/mstevens/410/410lect11.htm

What kind of guns did we have back then. Do you think our forefathers could even fathom where we would be today with the type of weaponry there is now. It's a bit like the challenges of the Presidency today and the presidency in Lincoln's time. They are just totally different. The challenges of today far out weigh the challenges of yesteryear.

Here is a quote from the legislature written under the gun control section of the link provided above.

In 1911, New York State passed the Sullivan Law, which required a police permit to possess a handgun. The National Firearms Act (NFA) of 1934 was the first federal regulation. It required every gun owner to carry a card, and imposed strict regulations on "gangster style" machineguns.

Note, they say in 1934 "ganster style" machineguns. The AK's and AR's may not be "ganster style" machineguns but they are closer to them then say a musket. They were capable of shooting many bullets quickly. They are not that much less than a machine gun. They were the weapons of choice for the mafia and criminals of the early century.

From what I have been reading here it appears that the lions share of responders are perfectly happy with the way things are. I'm telling ya... things are gonna change. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next year but they will change. It is better to join together and think of ways to better our situation with the senseless murders that are only going to continue to escalate. I would rather be involved and have a say in those changes than to just sit back and dig our heels in.

I would be curious to ask. How many of us that are responding own or plan to own AR's or AK's? I do not own nor do I plan to own either... just have no interest.

In closing, Obama said in Chicago, "more people are killed with cheap handguns than AK's". That's the reason for my original post.

OK I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry if I pissed off the mods. Hope you will welcome me back with open arms. I really think this topic has gone away from the original post asking for solutions of how can we get illegal handguns off the street.

As long as it has and we are on gun control I thought I'd add this.

I think we all forget that the 2nd amendment was passed in 1791. Here is a link:

http://faculty.ncwc....0/410lect11.htm

What kind of guns did we have back then. Do you think our forefathers could even fathom where we would be today with the type of weaponry there is now. It's a bit like the challenges of the Presidency today and the presidency in Lincoln's time. They are just totally different. The challenges of today far out weigh the challenges of yesteryear.

Here is a quote from the legislature written under the gun control section of the link provided above.

In 1911, New York State passed the Sullivan Law, which required a police permit to possess a handgun. The National Firearms Act (NFA) of 1934 was the first federal regulation. It required every gun owner to carry a card, and imposed strict regulations on "gangster style" machineguns.

Note, they say in 1934 "ganster style" machineguns. The AK's and AR's may not be "ganster style" machineguns but they are closer to them then say a musket. They were capable of shooting many bullets quickly. They are not that much less than a machine gun. They were the weapons of choice for the mafia and criminals of the early century.

From what I have been reading here it appears that the lions share of responders are perfectly happy with the way things are. I'm telling ya... things are gonna change. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next year but they will change. It is better to join together and think of ways to better our situation with the senseless murders that are only going to continue to escalate. I would rather be involved and have a say in those changes than to just sit back and dig our heels in.

I would be curious to ask. How many of us that are responding own or plan to own AR's or AK's? I do not own nor do I plan to own either... just have no interest.

In closing, Obama said in Chicago, "more people are killed with cheap handguns than AK's". That's the reason for my original post.

I think your argument is way off. Comparing the 2nd based on then and now is like saying TV Radio and Internet shouldn't be covered by the 1st.

Is your name huntorbehunted?

It doesnt matter his name, its clear to see whats going on around us. Do you really want me to start posting links video clips and names cause I will.

You said name someone. I did. Then you ask for more hmm go figure. Who are you to ask anyone for anything.

Like I said your so quick to talk why don't you name some people that are pro-gun???

Stop asking things from others that you won't do your self. I watch the news everyday. ALL I hear about is gun "Control".

If you dont agree with what I say ok but untill you prove your right... Your wrong.

Diane Feinstein

Ill. senate. Richard Durbin

The UK

The list goes on calling for new gun laws bans on clips certian styles of weapons.

Call it what you want they want are weapons and untill I hear them talking about how we should be able to keep are weapons no ne can tell me different.

Hey there's a bit better of an effort! Two people and a country. Bravo!

No sense starting a new topic. The company that owns Remington Arms just announced given the shooting they will be putting the Arms up for sale. Given their recent 84 million contract to build M4's I think the sale will be attractive. Watch the company get broken up and parted out. Be sad to see an iconic name like that diasappear.

Talk about a death blow to the Valley

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

And by the way your two minutes were up yesterday.

Good thing I work on my own clock you clown.

And what did you post not one name not one thing that proves your right..

Just you and your opinion that matters to no one.

U are 12 right...

Just stop replying to me. I'd rather talk to a wall.

Thanks bub.

Edited by HuntOrBeHunted

The British thought the very same thing in the 1700's! Didn't work out so well for them though. You have to remember that many of the military guys might just be on the side of the people. Let's hope it never comes to that.