lighted nocks

Jeremy K

My buddy used nocturnal(blue light) this season and was not overly impressed. Most shots he took were during the bright part of the day but the light never really seemed to be on. It was tough to tell if they were on...seemed like they didn't turn on but were just really faint in the day light. I'm sure they would be helpful at last/first light but no advantage during the day

no change in accuracy. avoid carbon express lazer eye. i didn't like them.

How so? You are changing the weight and balance of your arrow. Your POI and speed will be affected.

I have used many of them. Had the best luck with the Nocturnals, but I got away from using any of them the last 2 years. The Nocturnals are the lightest ones out there, the biggest downside is the way you have to turn them off.

How so? You are changing the weight and balance of your arrow. Your POI and speed will be affected.

I have used many of them. Had the best luck with the Nocturnals, but I got away from using any of them the last 2 years. The Nocturnals are the lightest ones out there, the biggest downside is the way you have to turn them off.

well all i know is that i shot 3 lighted with my dozen arrows everytime i practiced and saw no difference.

Isnt that just the thill eddie? So youre talking 11 to 12 grains in addition to your regular nock. It changes your foc, not by much, but it will change your POI. I have used the Nocturnals, which are the lightest ones out there, and it did slightly change things. I know others that have tried the heavier ones (Firenocks) and they threw them off by a few inches.

Heck, a 25 grain broadhead increase changed my POI last year by 1 1/2 inches at 20 yards. Same arrows just heavier broadheads.

I mentioned to my dad i was thinking of switching and he had a 3 pack of the lumenoks i could try . I noticed a change in arrow speed just from a shooters stand point , before the change i could never watch the arrow fly even if i wanted to ,by the time my eye could change focus from site through to target the arrow had already made impact , now i can release and refocus on the arrow while in flight (possibly because of the light) i told my dad to come out and watch and we were both amazed with how much the ass end of the arrow was moving around in flight , its not an issue with stand nocks . I just had a new string and the cams timed and when i picked it up we shot the paper and confirmed it was good there so now i dont know what to try.

So do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages for using lighted nocks? Or vise versa.

For me as of right now , the switch has slowed down my arrow and increased my grouping , now is the the time to play though . If all else fails i just go back to my proven setup tha t has been working. I like messing around with my set up because it gives my dad and i time to do something we are both into together , just like when i started hunting over 20 years ago , one of the few things we still share in common.

So do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages for using lighted nocks? Or vise versa.

They dont slow your arrow down by much, and you can resight your bow for any change in POI that might happen, so those really arent disadvantages. The one downside is that if you shoot a buck that could make the P&Y books, you couldnt enter it if you used a lighted nock. If you dont care about P&Y, then I dont think there are any downsides lol.

I mentioned to my dad i was thinking of switching and he had a 3 pack of the lumenoks i could try . I noticed a change in arrow speed just from a shooters stand point , before the change i could never watch the arrow fly even if i wanted to ,by the time my eye could change focus from site through to target the arrow had already made impact , now i can release and refocus on the arrow while in flight (possibly because of the light) i told my dad to come out and watch and we were both amazed with how much the ass end of the arrow was moving around in flight , its not an issue with stand nocks . I just had a new string and the cams timed and when i picked it up we shot the paper and confirmed it was good there so now i dont know what to try.

i would venture to guess you really dont have much of a difference, but that you're experiencing the flight of your arrow differently because of the light. There are many illusions created by light.

I've used both lumenoks and nockturnals. I've had good performance with both and didn't notice much difference in arrow flight or groups. For me, the nockturnals are the better choice. They have a switch that you use to turn them off. As long as you have something with a sharp tip like a finish nail they are foolproof. They have always lit when I've used them. I also prefer the nockturnals because they come in blue. I'm red/green color blind and can see the blue nockturnals well.