Boycott hunting license purchases

If we refuse to purchase hunting/ fishing licenses for this year or however long it takes we will get our point across we can hit the state and our elected officials where it hurts in the wallet. DEC would not be able to operate as it now does the sting would eventually be felt everywhere. It's not only the license fees but also all of the lost revenue to both major retailers and local business if we all skipped NY hunting season. I'll hunt in Pa or Some other state. If a significant number of us did this in protest of these draconian gun laws it might just work. It's better than just complaining.

Look, there is just one way to fight this onslaught of gun laws. That is by joining and supporting the organizations that we have in place that have the infrastructure for taking on these wackos. This in conjunction with individual letter writing campaigns are the only realistic ways to avoid further 2nd amendment infringement. Let's keep our eyes on the target, and not be distracted by activities that go after the wrong targets and that will not work.

I am not an anti. I am an avid hunter. I do belong to the NRA I write letters call my representatives and have been doing so for years. How has that worked? It hasn't they keep chipping away at our rights. I am fully aware that DEC is not a legislative body. The point is that a boycott will have an impact on the state and those businesses and communities that hunters support. We just may be able to wake a few people up who really don't have an interest in the 2nd amendment debate. They may not care now but if it affects their bottom line I bet they will speak up. We need to organize and take action. The letter writing and phone calls have not worked.

You are correct. However I can hunt in a number of states. No big deal just buy a license in another state and take a nice hunting vacation for a couple of weeks. If it goes on long enough Big Brother won't have the money to pay COs to go out and catch us.

ya.and lets boycot walmart for selling chinese crap in the process.I can shop somewhere else.LOL.I think you are right WNYBH.Anti trying his angle.

Like i am going to travel 3.5 hrs and spend an extra 50 dollars for an out of state license that won't do a damn of good,but put money into the DEC's pockets of another state.Our hunting license money goes into the environmental protection of our state lands.The CO's of the state will just take their pay out of some one else's back pocket.

You are correct. However I can hunt in a number of states. No big deal just buy a license in another state and take a nice hunting vacation for a couple of weeks. If it goes on long enough Big Brother won't have the money to pay COs to go out and catch us.

we dont all have this kind of money or time... including me... really i dont see how boycotting the DEC would help... now if we were boycotting the gas stations or sporting goods stores... THAT might get a response... boycotting the DEC would just have me end up in jail or with a big fine (get there money anyway) cause i AM hunting in NY this yr PERIOD...

Doc did make a valid point. We should be writing letters and calling our representatives. I have done so many times. How about the rest of you? If you haven't you really should. It doesn't take any more time than posting on this forum. My point is that it hasn't worked too well in the past. Maybe an increase in the volume of corespondence would have an effect. I think as individuals we need to step up and participate. Don't sit back and watch. If we leave it to a small number of people who are active we will lose the fight. We all need to give some of our personal time to this and participate actively. If we don't we will only have ourselves to blame. What else can we do? Any ideas out there?

@belo Dumb and unarmed. What's your answer?

wtf? you'll never un-arm anyone. You're just spreading fear. there are already 300 million firearms in this country. They will not take them away. Will they come up with taxes, restrictions and ban certain kinds? maybe. But you've been reading too many wacko extremist columns if you feel they'll ever ban and confiscate.

• Like 1

wtf? you'll never un-arm anyone. You're just spreading fear. there are already 300 million firearms in this country. They will not take them away. Will they come up with taxes, restrictions and ban certain kinds? maybe. But you've been reading too many wacko extremist columns if you feel they'll ever ban and confiscate.

Uh oh, you're sounding awfully like liberal sympathizer with his head in the sand!

(If I wrote that exact same post, there would be a dozen people stepping up to tell me how wrong I am and how real the threat is!)

So you would boycott the sporting goods stores... those that you have spent probably hundreds if not thousands of dollars in because of the Government. So because of the government you would hurt those stores and their employees possibly forcing lay offs and putting good people out of work. How would boycotting these stores help? Some people just have stupid ideas.

Give them an inch and they will want the mile. Look at all of the gun laws already on the books. They are among the most restrictive in the nation. Yet they still want more. They won't be happy unless we are all unarmed. Prince Andy did say confiscation was an option on the radio last month. Wake up the threat is real.

If we refuse to purchase hunting/ fishing licenses for this year or however long it takes we will get our point across we can hit the state and our elected officials where it hurts in the wallet. DEC would not be able to operate as it now does the sting would eventually be felt everywhere. It's not only the license fees but also all of the lost revenue to both major retailers and local business if we all skipped NY hunting season. I'll hunt in Pa or Some other state. If a significant number of us did this in protest of these draconian gun laws it might just work. It's better than just complaining.

I hope everyone in my area boycotts, so I can hunt alone!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Give them an inch and they will want the mile. Look at all of the gun laws already on the books. They are among the most restrictive in the nation. Yet they still want more. They won't be happy unless we are all unarmed. Prince Andy did say confiscation was an option on the radio last month. Wake up the threat is real.

He can say whatever he wants. That still doesn't mean something as radical as confiscation would get through the legislature. He's up for reelection in 2014, nothing crazy is going to happen between now and then.