Semi Auto Pistol Sales Are Done?

How can they sell a gun that has a 10 round magazine now. Don't almost all semi autos have 8, 9 or 10 round mags?

What are they going to do, sell guns without mags?

What am I missing?

How quick can manufacturers change out mags capacity's from the factory?

Wow................

How can they sell a gun that has a 10 round magazine now. Don't almost all semi autos have 8, 9 or 10 round mags?

What are they going to do, sell guns without mags?

What am I missing?

How quick can manufacturers change out mags capacity's from the factory?

Wow................

I would assume that you could only buy a pistol that has a seven round or less mag, like the smaller carry models. The manufacturers will all come out with 7 rounders, or go out of business, but how long will that take? Watch the smaller pistols and revolvers fly off the shelf.

im not seeing anything that says it applies to hand guns? correct me if i am wrong

That what I thought..... While watching the debate today, it seemed even the assemblymen didn't know. Everyone is speculating on interpretation. It will eventually have to spelled out in plane English

from what I read ALL magazine 10 rds and under out there are grandfathered in, any new guns purchased will have to be 7 or less. Pistol or Rifle. I feel that was the point of them choosing the 7 round capacity that they chose there aren't very many new guns out there that comply with their law and the ones out there aren't really the best defense weapons mostly subcompacts and it will make it that much harder for law abiding citizens to get ahold of new guns that comply with their law until the gun company's start making 7 rnd mags to comply with NYS's second amendment infringement. If the gun company's even decide it is worth it to comply with this mess we were forced into.

I just wish I would have gotten my pistol permit that I have been waiting on since last april before all of this so I could have purchased the M&P40 I have been patiently waiting to purchase and now will most likely not be available in NYS

Edited by noahmstone

From what I read it is all magazines and no grandfathering.

You will have one year to sell the 10 round mag and larger to out of state or have retrofitted mag so it can only carry 7 rounds.

We all know this just hurts the law abiding citizens... someone who is going to commit a crime with a gun is not going to care about weapon restrictions. That is what is so frustrating.... but the politicians will be proud and say they got something done, even though it is crap.

NoahMstone, WesterNY..... Exactly my point. I read it this morning and I think we're all speculating interpretation. I didn't understand it all, example i didn't see anything regarding back ground checks for ammo puchases but apparently that was part of the bill. I really hope they hope they spell it out for us. Hopefully in a few days our FFL dealers will be able to she'd some light on it.

Well seems like its time to buy large 1,911's 7 round mags and one up the pipe of hard hitting .45.Man up boys, dust off the .357's as well, strap on your .44 mag, 9mm a girls gun anyway !

So then more folks will die because all new guns will be large calibers. High cap only worked because the bullets were small for the most part.

same for rifles,.223 minor caliber not suitable for deer..... now load up the .12ga with slugs,stuff the old 30-30 full of rounds . Its what Andy wants !

From what I read it is all magazines and no grandfathering.

You will have one year to sell the 10 round mag and larger to out of state or have retrofitted mag so it can only carry 7 rounds.

We all know this just hurts the law abiding citizens... someone who is going to commit a crime with a gun is not going to care about weapon restrictions. That is what is so frustrating.... but the politicians will be proud and say they got something done, even though it is crap.

http://www.governor.ny.gov/press/01152013-outline-of-nys-groundbreaking-gun-legislation

according to this from Cuomo's website all existing 10 rnd magazines will be grandfathered in but can only be loaded with seven. New guns cannot come with 10 rnd magazines and only magazines with a capacity greater than 10 have to be sold out of state within a year. Which creates the same loophole that they were supposedly trying to get rid of. How many 10 rnd magazines have you seen that are dated? That was their bargaining chip while writing the bill I am assuming. I assumed that it would be bargained from 7 back up to 10 and do away with all preban magazines but they new if it was set at 7 it would effect more than just their so called "assault weapons" so the they didn't want to budge on that one.

Edited by noahmstone
  • Like 1