New carry piece

So amid all of the crap going on, I felt compelled to pick up my new carry piece today. I decided on a Sig Sauer P238 Rosewood with the laser sight on the trigger guard. Its a 380, has Tritium night sights and is just plain nice. Its a perfect fit for pocket, IWB and probably even an ankle holster. The trigger is smooth as can be and breaks very nice. I like this handgun alot so far, and cant wait to get her out to the range to sight in!

Heres a couple of pics

2013-01-15_20-58-07_973.jpg

2013-01-15_20-57-38_688.jpg

I think lots will be buying new carry guns. I'm looking at .45 1,911's myself same as a guy at work is. My thing is if I can only carry 8 per gun ,its going to be 8 big ones.

Slim single stack seems nice.

A guy at work just bought a Springfield. I think the model was xD or XDP?? something like that. But it is sweet. 7 +1 and its small and thin. Real nice for carry. .45 auto

Edited by ants

I like it. Carrys great in my jacket pocket. I have to order a couple of holsters for it, one for in pocket and an IWB.

As far as caliber goes, with the new ammo options for the 380, it does well, and I dont like to carry a bulky gun. This one will do me more good being carried than one that would be sitting in the safe.

The XDs is on my list down the road as well.

BTW, the manager that yanked all of the handguns the other night was wrong. They were back on the shelf by Friday. The line was too long and I didnt have time to wait. I will pick up one of the Neos another time.

Question: Does Sig recommend carrying with a round in the chamber, and the hammer down? With my Colt Mustang, If I want to carry a round in the chamber, I will carry in "condition one"..."cocked & locked". I just don't like the idea of carrying a round in the chamber with the hammer down. Please advise....