Wild Pigs

eagle rider

These kinds of issue seem to come busting onto the scene with a whole lot of fanfare and then quickly fade into oblivion. It's kind of like the CWD activity. Anyone hearing anything about the NYS epidemic lately. All the dire predictions and outbreaks kind of evaporated. I suspect the wild boar situation will to. The schock value has already dissipated.

Now there would be a great test of a hunter's abilities. Within NYS borders, target and go specifically after wild feral hogs and be successful. Anybody who can do is definitely "The Man" (Or "The Woman" depending on the situation).

These kinds of issue seem to come busting onto the scene with a whole lot of fanfare and then quickly fade into oblivion. It's kind of like the CWD activity. Anyone hearing anything about the NYS epidemic lately. All the dire predictions and outbreaks kind of evaporated. I suspect the wild boar situation will to. The schock value has already dissipated.

Thats because there is no CWD epidemic anywhere. Some in Govt and groups like QDMA that feel threatend by a growing industry would like to use that to slow growth. As was proven this weekend, THat did not work. As far as pigs on ranches we are trying to have laws put in that says all males must be snipped if they are brought on ranches and if they want a breeding farm they must have a permit by the state and they must have special fencing put up. As in fence 4ft underground.(Ouch $$$) as well as 8ft up. We do not need these things in the wilds of Ny State!!!!!!!!

Thats because there is no CWD epidemic anywhere. Some in Govt and groups like QDMA that feel threatend by a growing industry would like to use that to slow growth. As was proven this weekend, THat did not work. As far as pigs on ranches we are trying to have laws put in that says all males must be snipped if they are brought on ranches and if they want a breeding farm they must have a permit by the state and they must have special fencing put up. As in fence 4ft underground.(Ouch $$$) as well as 8ft up. We do not need these things in the wilds of Ny State!!!!!!!!

8' high? ..... lol. Has anyone ever seen a pig jump 8' in the air or even anywhere's near that. Have they learned how to use a pole vault?

Funny - raising pigs in a pen is bad.

Raising mutant whitetails as pets for profit and 1 hour hunts is good.

Funny- I dont think i saw anyone say raising pigs was bad! I think you saw a statement made as to what is being done to keep pigs out of the wilds of Ny state. Do you really think there is a difference between pigs,whitetails or any other kind of animal behind fence that is raised for profit? Reguardless of where they take the bullet or who gives it to them!!

• Like 1

No difference other than the pigs are not being raised to be mutants.

Neither the pigs or the mutant deer should ever be allowed to escape or interact with actual wild game.

And shooting of either in a pen should be called shopping and not hunting.

8' high? ..... lol. Has anyone ever seen a pig jump 8' in the air or even anywhere's near that. Have they learned how to use a pole vault?

I guess that would relieve some treehuggers brain knowing that pigs cant fly and maybe they wont get out. Of course anyone that does not have them or anything to do with them will be the ones to complain about the ones that do! The way of the world!

No difference other than the pigs are not being raised to be mutants.

Neither the pigs or the mutant deer should ever be allowed to escape or interact with actual wild game.

And shooting of either in a pen should be called shopping and not hunting.

I dont believe anyone had a thing to say about shopping,hunting,bowling or any other activity on this post. What do you think hogs are being raised for?

There are a few places that you pick the hog and pay for its raising cost and then it goes to market. Nothing wrong with that. Some places just happen to let you shoot it also, they just happen to call it a hog hunt

Edited by paula

You may want to dig a little deeper into the world of hogs behind fence before ya go to deep!

Not interested enough.

Know that creating mutant deer are what drives the pen deer "industry".

Paula - I've done it - it is a shoot and not a hunt.

Which is OK.

Wanted to test different bow setups and wanted pork for the freezer.

Both were 175 to 200 lb.

Neither had tusks that would make it hard for them to live a normal life unlike the mutant deer being engineered.

Fact is a lot of what people hunt was not native to this state or country, pheasants for example..we spend a ton raising them to be let go so a small group can go hunt them. Pigs are escaping and will become a menace, but at least they can make it on their own.And pigs are raised to be hunted same as deer, nothing mutant about it, same as turkey chicken and fish. select the best with traits you want and breed them, heck they even do it with sweet corn... when i was a kid all there was yellow..now white ,mixed, ect legnth of growing season needed ect.. if you don't like selective breeding fine..but i'm not sure what you eat or try to grow for yourself then...

Not interested enough.

Know that creating mutant deer are what drives the pen deer "industry".

Paula - I've done it - it is a shoot and not a hunt.

Which is OK.

Wanted to test different bow setups and wanted pork for the freezer.

Both were 175 to 200 lb.

Neither had tusks that would make it hard for them to live a normal life unlike the mutant deer being engineered.

Did you have to pay for these hog hunts? Would you have shot a doe or a small buck for the same price behind the same fence to test your bow setup if you did not have venision in the freezer? You think there is a problem with big racks driving a deer industry but for pigs with bigger tusks or more meat, There is not a problem with that industry.