sunday hunting restriction in Western NY

Culvercreek hunt club

New York: In 1996 New York opened Sunday hunting on three Sundays during deer season. Within five years the law was changed to allow all Sunday hunting, except on specifically designated land

Below is the link:

NRA-ILA :: The Truth About Sunday Hunting: Why Hunters Shouldn`t ...

Mar 14, 2005 ... Restrictions on Sunday hunting treat hunters as second-class citizens. ... Sundays during deer season; South Carolina allows Sunday hunting on private ... New York: In 1996 New York opened Sunday hunting on three Sundays ...

www.nraila.org/issues/factsheets/read.aspx?id=174&issue... - Cached - Similar

Come on Bill -Never say never!

Someday when all your tags are filled early, there are no scheduled shoots and for some miracle the Bills are having a decent year.....

See you chose you words carefully to avoid the lightening bolt. ".....cold day in anyplace...." ;)

I had no idea that there were some states that don't allow hunting on Sundays. Why do they not allow hunting on Sunday? I have always hunted on Sundays in NY since I started hunting in 1991 but wztirem's post says it was not open till 1996. There were always plenty of other guys out there hunting too so were we all breaking the law?

I had no idea that there were some states that don't allow hunting on Sundays. Why do they not allow hunting on Sunday? I have always hunted on Sundays in NY since I started hunting in 1991 but wztirem's post says it was not open till 1996. There were always plenty of other guys out there hunting too so were we all breaking the law?

Check out this link pertaining to Blue Laws.

Blue law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Texas, for example, blue laws prohibited selling housewares such as pots, pans, and washing machines on Sunday until 1985. In Colorado, Illinois, Indiana ...

History - Examples of blue laws in the ... - Canada - Cook Islandsen.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_law - Cached - Similar

I never even know who is playing any games.  I walked into a bar one night and was like man it is dead in here what is going on the bartended was like um the superbowl.  I was was like oh woops.  Never really got into sports just not my style.  To much to see outside in the world.

Wow, I never heard of Blue laws. They never taught anything about it in my school. I am glad they didn't also. They are the silliest things I have ever heard of. They are the complete opposite of the freedom from forced religious views that the constitution gives us. How were they ever allowed? I am glad I did not have to deal with them. I guess the no alcohol on Sunday's before noon thing would be like that. I always thought that was stupid.

I understand now that the no alcohol before noon Sunday is a leftover blue law. I was saying that I had never heard it referred to as a blue law before. And the first amendment reads "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof". That means that no law can be made using religious beliefs of any one religion because that could prohibit the free exercise of another religion or no religion at all. It is obvious that the blue laws were made because of the Sunday worship of Christianity and that is unconstitutional. I have no problem with people practicing any religion they want but I was just saying that I would hate to live in a time or place where the government restricts my actions based on religion.