Screw the hungry,throw the deer away.

Single_shot

i dont officially donate, but my babysitters family dose enjoy me hunting and fishing. The problem is the liberal think they are the savoir of the less fortunate. they want to pass bills and make a HUGE show of how compassionate the are. they take offence that someone steps in and just helps, no questions, no glory, just people helping people. As rom emanuel said 'no good crisses should go to waste', we conservitives just try to fix it before it becomes one.

your babysitter????

let me rephrase that by saying I don't understand why some kill deer just for the sake of killing them and dumping at these place......I realize that there are other reasons deer have to be killed and that would result in way more deer than someone can use.

So you can't understand why anyone would want to donate food to homeless shelters and nutrition assisstance programs? Have you ever made any kind of donation in your life. If not, then maybe you cannot understand why someone would not want to do this. I love to hunt but really only use one deer per year. I fill my dmps that I would otherwise not use because I can donate the meat. It is a win win where I get to continue hunting and folks that can use the food can get a free meal.

• Like 2

So you can't understand why anyone would want to donate food to homeless shelters and nutrition assisstance programs? Have you ever made any kind of donation in your life. If not, then maybe you cannot understand why someone would not want to do this. I love to hunt but really only use one deer per year. I fill my dmps that I would otherwise not use because I can donate the meat. It is a win win where I get to continue hunting and folks that can use the food can get a free meal.

it's a simple question as to why people do something, no different than people questioning why some people feel the need to kill button bucks or deer that other people feel shouldn't be killed because they don't meet the criteria of what they consider deer that should be killed for one reason or another....as a hunter, I'm more concerned with the preservation of a resource than I am with killing deer to feed the homeless.....if you love to hunt, enjoy the time in the woods, killing should be secondary......if you're in a situation where you're killing deer that have become over populated and are creating a nuisance, than that's fine and I have no problem with it....to each his own.

it's a simple question as to why people do something, no different than people questioning why some people feel the need to kill button bucks or deer that other people feel shouldn't be killed because they don't meet the criteria of what they consider deer that should be killed for one reason or another....as a hunter, I'm more concerned with the preservation of a resource than I am with killing deer to feed the homeless.....if you love to hunt, enjoy the time in the woods, killing should be secondary......if you're in a situation where you're killing deer that have become over populated and are creating a nuisance, than that's fine and I have no problem with it....to each his own.

That's what deer tags are for. Are you implying that these donators are poachers?

That's what deer tags are for. Are you implying that these donators are poachers?

Is that what you got out of that? what I'll say is that DEC gives out way too many tags in many areas and just because you have them doesn't mean you should try and fill them all just for the sake of saying you did.......and I guarantee you I'm not the only one who feels that way.,

Is that what you got out of that? what I'll say is that DEC gives out way too many tags in many areas and just because you have them doesn't mean you should try and fill them all just for the sake of saying you did.......and I guarantee you I'm not the only one who feels that way.,

The DEC gives too many tags in some spots, less than needed tags in another spot, etc. I happen to hunt in an area where deer are plentiful.

Come up with a better system. I see people complain about it all the time, and I'm included in that from time to time, but for one thing, nobody has offered a solution. I know I don't have a better system. I'd love to say, check stations, etc. but the bottom line is, at the end, the agency can only do what it can do.

If you "feel" the DEC over-issued tags, and you know more than the DEC, then spit out the better system.

• Like 1

The DEC gives too many tags in some spots, less than needed tags in another spot, etc. I happen to hunt in an area where deer are plentiful.

Come up with a better system. I see people complain about it all the time, and I'm included in that from time to time, but for one thing, nobody has offered a solution. I know I don't have a better system. I'd love to say, check stations, etc. but the bottom line is, at the end, the agency can only do what it can do.

If you "feel" the DEC over-issued tags, and you know more than the DEC, then spit out the better system.

The "better system" is to know the area you hunt and take it upon yourself to make the right decision..........like I said, if you hunt an area that has an overabundance, fill all your tags. If you hunt an area that does not, why would anyone attempt to fill all their tags? regardless of what you do with the deer.

This has gotten way off point...I'd be more concerned that this LA. situation could become a problem across the country...... what is the driving force behind it...Just like a church fund raiser ...something that has been going on for ever getting shut down...

That said I can see the point that jjb4 was trying to make and won't criticize...

...but ask ....

look at your point ,what do you think is the better option..farmer issued nuisance killing during the the spring /summer months where in many..not all ...deer go to waste...fawns of both sex are taken out and IMO seriously lacking in oversight...or Hunters filling issued tags and donating deer that do good and get counted properly?.....Just something to ponder

The "better system" is to know the area you hunt and take it upon yourself to make the right decision..........like I said, if you hunt an area that has an overabundance, fill all your tags. If you hunt an area that does not, why would anyone attempt to fill all their tags? regardless of what you do with the deer.

I don't think anyone is arguing that trigger restraint can be good when needed. I have personally found that the times when it is really needed is much rarer than when pulling the trigger is "justifiable". Most of my areas are high # and few are not. The ones that are not generally have less DMPs. The DEC whiffed a few years back, but that was really about the only time I have seen that happen.

Just seems like you are trying to rationalize why people shouldn't take deer to donate.

I don't think anyone is arguing that trigger restraint can be good when needed. I have personally found that the times when it is really needed is much rarer than when pulling the trigger is "justifiable". Most of my areas are high # and few are not. The ones that are not generally have less DMPs. The DEC whiffed a few years back, but that was really about the only time I have seen that happen.

Just seems like you are trying to rationalize why people shouldn't take deer to donate.

not against the donating at all when the deer are being taken for the right reason (obviously my right is different than others), I've personally experienced people who have taken deer and when you listen to them talk about getting rid of it, you would want to vomit......these are the people I would rather not see take any deer because they don't value any part of it unless it has antlers that they can put on the wall.........In my opinion, there's a big difference between the hunter who has an area with an overpopulation and goes out with the intent to kill a deer to donate to a needy family, and the guy who has a pocket full of tags and feels the need to fill all of them with the donation being an afterthought and a way to dispose of the deer, and really gives no thought to the idea behind it.

Edited by jjb4900

not against the donating at all when the deer are being taken for the right reason (obviously my right is different than others), I've personally experienced people who have taken deer and when you listen to them talk about getting rid of it, you would want to vomit......these are the people I would rather not see take any deer because they don't value any part of it unless it has antlers that they can put on the wall.........In my opinion, there's a big difference between the hunter who has an area with an overpopulation and goes out with the intent to kill a deer to donate to a needy family, and the guy who has a pocket full of tags and feels the need to fill all of them with the donation being an afterthought and a way to dispose of the deer, and really gives no thought to the idea behind it.

Certainly hard to walk a mile in people's shoes.

I doubt NY will have that problem...the program is so well run here.

It is? Just out of curiosity, can you PM me a link to that law? I wasnt aware of it.

Well now that I try to find it I can not and do not have the time right now to go through game laws. I always thought it was law that you cannot waste meat off a game animal. You must make best effort to care for and make use of taken game.

I know it was the way I was raised but I thought it was a law also. Maybe I am thinking of another state. hmmmm Age.....

some major distributors still run into mad cow, selmanela, ecoli and contamination issues. There's a new recall for meat or vegetables once a month it seems. I think the general concern is that these animals are harvested in the wild by amateurs, gutted by amateurs and then butchered. And there's very little control a butcher has to exam the meat to see if its sat to long, if the deer was sick or if it could have been contaminated. It's unfortunate because I believe 98% of the hunters have a good agenda. But when highly regulated beef industry still has issues, the chances of issues here seem to be greater. I'm not saying i agree at all with what is happening but I do see their side of it.

some major distributors still run into mad cow, selmanela, ecoli and contamination issues. There's a new recall for meat or vegetables once a month it seems. I think the general concern is that these animals are harvested in the wild by amateurs, gutted by amateurs and then butchered. And there's very little control a butcher has to exam the meat to see if its sat to long, if the deer was sick or if it could have been contaminated. It's unfortunate because I believe 98% of the hunters have a good agenda. But when highly regulated beef industry still has issues, the chances of issues here seem to be greater. I'm not saying i agree at all with what is happening but I do see their side of it.

good point.

good point.

Good point? hmmm eat venison donated by hunters or go hungry... thats not the other side of story, its the liberals making policy with out concern of the out come. keep one person out of how many from maybe getting sick by starving everyone in need. i dont see the good point.

• Like 1

Good point? hmmm eat venison donated by hunters or go hungry... thats not the other side of story, its the liberals making policy with out concern of the out come. keep one person out of how many from maybe getting sick by starving everyone in need. i dont see the good point.

If the hungry is aware of what they are being fed then isn't it their choice? The government has a "you don't know what's good for you...we know what's good for you so we're going to tell you how to live your life" agenda going. Sounds like tyranny if you ask me.

• Like 2

I'm sure donated venison is preferable over the local dumpster for many of the homeless that get feed with the donations... anyone that thinks its important to micro-manage and scrutinize the venison donation drive that feeds the hungary has way too much time on their hands and should mind their own business and let the hungry eat. They never seem to have a problem with the preservative filled cans of spaghetti-O's being donated during a can drive for the hungry... like I said ...these goofballs need to shut up and let the hungry eat.