Screw the hungry,throw the deer away.

Single_shot

The venison donations have been going on for years now and sanctioned by states DEC/DNR's ...all of a sudden .....It's a bad thing...lets see how many ppl have died from farm raised VEGETABLES & FRUIT!!...How many from mad cow disease...then show me those statistics against the number of ppl that have died or gotten ill from venison in homeless shelters

Don't try to tell me that the human society doesn't have their hands all over this new trend

I have purposely killed many does with zero intent of eating them and having every intent to donate to the VDC or a family who could use it. I donated two deer in two states this year.

I'll continue to do it every year. It thins the herd, meets a need, and if you don't like it, pound sand. Not a subject I'll debate.

The OP is just an example of not understanding all of the fact and comparing it to normal food channels.

Edited by phade

I have purposely killed many does with zero intent of eating them and having every intent to donate to the VDC or a family who could use it. I donated two deer in two states this year.

I'll continue to do it every year. It thins the herd, meets a need, and if you don't like it, eff off. Not a subject I'll debate.

The OP is just an example of not understanding all of the fact and comparing it to normal food channels.

The original poster (me) is all for donating deer....just making sure you got that. I thinks it's wrong that they wasted the deer. I wish I had the opertunity to donate,but just getting 1 for me and the wife seems to be a task past couple years.

• Like 1

Ive donated to the programs before. It has nothing at all to do with killing way more than I need and dumping the deer anywhere.

let me rephrase that by saying I don't understand why some kill deer just for the sake of killing them and dumping at these place......I realize that there are other reasons deer have to be killed and that would result in way more deer than someone can use.

The original poster (me) is all for donating deer....just making sure you got that. I thinks it's wrong that they wasted the deer. I wish I had the opertunity to donate,but just getting 1 for me and the wife seems to be a task past couple years.

OP can mean original post or original poster. Referencing the nature of the post, not you/your position. We're on the same page.

• Like 2

You know what really burns me on this...actually two things

1.... It was reported the the health dept. that deer meat was being served...so what? was the meat checked?...was there a bacteria count taken?...had anyone at that shelter ever gotten ill from the meat?..

2...Did they ever check to see if a homeless person made the complaint?...If so and it was..... please...I know this is so "politically incorrect" yet appropriate ..."Beggars can't be choosers".. meaning these are charities trying to help you...don't expect prime cuts of Angus...They weren't serving road kill...and venison goes for 8.00-12.00 dollars a pound in restaurants...and believe you me...if you've been to some of these farm auctions...you wouldn't eat ground beef or fast food burgers

Shame Shame Shame on states allowing the health dept. pull this sort of thing...... and closing church pot luck fund raisers

Edited by growalot

as much of a shame as it is, I never quite understood guys who kill way more deer than they or their family can use and dump them off at these places.......

Are you just naturally a troll? There are people out there that actually like to HELP others. What better way to help others, and enjoy doing what we hunters like, to hunt.

• Like 2

let me rephrase that by saying I don't understand why some kill deer just for the sake of killing them and dumping at these place......I realize that there are other reasons deer have to be killed and that would result in way more deer than someone can use.

You know of such people? How are you going about assuming hunters are killing these animals purely for their own pleasure and not with the intent of feeding others? You sure have a grim perception of hunters and humanity in general.

• Like 1

as much of a shame as it is, I never quite understood guys who kill way more deer than they or their family can use and dump them off at these places.......

A lot of people look at it as making a donation to people in need. If you have a tag left over or don't want the meat, why not donate it to people who realy need it. I donated a deer this year and the people I gave it to were so happy to get it that I thought the wife was going to cry.

Edited by ants
  • Like 1

One year we we filling nusiance permits for a nursery. Our group filled our freezers and donated 13 deer that year. I donated one this year and have in the past. Always seemed like a good program to me. I would rather feed the needy than give discretionary money to be frettered away and they still are hungry,.

In NYS it is illegal to not use the deer meat so if they have the same law in LA they should fine the government body who did this. Idiots.

Government makes less and less since. Me I am just waiting for the revolution to start so we can rid ourselves of these government/parasites.

Just like the nuisance bears, stop feeding them and eventually they'll go away.

I know this isn't true, but it's the only train of thought I can imagine a community would support this measure to decrease it's negative perception by outsiders.

Homelessness isn't something to be proud of no matter which side of the tracks you're on, and honestly, sometimes those same tracks are the only thing that seperate this sad reality from the rest of society.

Pretending it doesn't exist, doesn't make it go away, or do anything to address a growing problem that isn't getting any better any time soon.

• Like 1

i live in a tight group neighbor hood and there is alot of elderly and young families that look forward to me giving them what i can . this year i only got one but i shared it with 8 families . didnt leave me with what i would of like to have in my freezer but hey maybe next year i will fill everyones freezer ( one can only hope)

• Like 3

i dont officially donate, but my babysitters family dose enjoy me hunting and fishing. The problem is the liberal think they are the savoir of the less fortunate. they want to pass bills and make a HUGE show of how compassionate the are. they take offence that someone steps in and just helps, no questions, no glory, just people helping people. As rom emanuel said 'no good crisses should go to waste', we conservitives just try to fix it before it becomes one.

I donate every year... It's a great program... Butchers that work with the program here in NY are already under health dept. rules and inspections... so there is no guessing about the processing. Who the hell knows what they do in LA... if there was going to be a problem with any program... LA or any other place in CA would be the place.

i live in a tight group neighbor hood and there is alot of elderly and young families that look forward to me giving them what i can . this year i only got one but i shared it with 8 families . didnt leave me with what i would of like to have in my freezer but hey maybe next year i will fill everyones freezer ( one can only hope)

Good for you! Very commendable ...