spring?

G-Man

Went down to Cartwright's this morning. We have completed our spring ritual for this year, and now I have a bit more extra weight to get rid of. Man! You can't beat the taste of real maple syrup.

My fiance keeps bugging me to go down there. Its kind of a haul for us, so I keep on making excuses not to go lol.

We have a flock of robins that winter over on the property ...It is where all the springs pop out of the ground forming the streams...then on either side the neighbors have spruce woods...we have a lot of witch hazel and wild rose...I think this is why they stay....

My fiance keeps bugging me to go down there. Its kind of a haul for us, so I keep on making excuses not to go lol.

Not a good place for people who are watching their weight, if that happens to be a concern. Imagine all the pancakes and syrup you can eat. That can be a pretty disgusting scene .... lol. Fortunately, the buckwheat pancakes are pretty thin so I was able to polish off about 10 of them after eating two large sausage patties and a couple of eggs. I needed all that like a hole in the head, but I figured I would throw any diets out the window for this one meal ...... ha-ha.

You wouldn't believe the mob, and on a weekday too. Doesn't anybody ever work anymore?

As far as the drive, it really is quite a scenic area and some of the fantasic deery-looking country you get to see is pretty neat. Also, we got to see 5 turkeys not far from Cartwrights. It's a whole different looking part of the state.

Well big met kind of fizzled, still cant see my lawn but down to 3 in of snow from 8 or so, still lots in the woods, good syrup weather, spragues' maple syrup weekend this 15th 16th 17th... best buckwheat pancakes and homemade syrup!

I would love to have a Hunt Ny breakfast all you can eat.Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.When I go out for breakfast and ask for 6 egg's I always get that look did he just ask for 6 eggs sausauge bacon ham and homefries yummy with rye toast.

Well big met kind of fizzled, still cant see my lawn but down to 3 in of snow from 8 or so, still lots in the woods, good syrup weather, spragues' maple syrup weekend this 15th 16th 17th... best buckwheat pancakes and homemade syrup!

Sprauges is the best restaurant around there. He gets a lot of his sap off of the property I hunt. The blue lines that run up the hill, behind Sprauges end up on the property. In fact one of my favorite gun stands is surrounded by blue lines & my tree is a tap tree.

When Sprauge first tapped the property I was worried that the deer wouldn't like the blue lines. I mean It's like a blue maze through the open hard woods, but the deer don't mind it at all. They move over and under the lines like they're not even there.

His syrup is good too.