Westchester, NY to Disney

crappyice

295 bypass is a good suggestion.

A place slightly off the path there would be Busch Gardens - there's a campground nearby and also Colonial Williamsburg. It wouldn't be much of a jump off of 95...BUT, there's a reason Busch Gardens has been voted one of the best/most beautiful theme parks in the country year after year after year.

We just told the kids (9 year old girl; 8 year old twin boys) that we ae doing this and we want their input so I am looking to have a map made of the trip with some major cities along the way so they can eat pick of some things to do. Where can I find a map like that? Are there custom map makers out there....worldwide web here I come!

I did this with my bro and parents when I was a kid from age 4-12 every single March for a month. We stopped at a hotel in N.C. and Jacksonville going down n just N.C. coming back. We always stopped at south of the border coming home to buy fireworks. I played a lot of gameboy on the rides.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

If you're looking to camp you should check out Cumberland Island, GA. It's only a few miles

off 95 just before the FL line. You'll have to take a 30 minute ferry ride but it's pretty nice. Wild horses all over the island, tons of trails, historical ruins, nice beaches, great fishing.

• 4 months later...

Here Is my finalized trip now that it is less than two weeks away. Heading just outside of Washington, D.C. For three days to visit some family. Then stopping halfway in Flourence, South Carolina for a night- staying one night in Orlando before 4 days in Disney (music resort with the meal plan) - four days in New Smyrna Beach with some family. Two nights camping on Cumberland Island, Ga (thanks Kzcycle-I'm most excited about this!) - stopping in Savannah, GA for an afternoon but then continuing to Beaufort, South Carolina to visit my cousin who is in his second year as a Marine - from Beaufort we will spend two nights in Virginia Beach. Our final stop is one night in Lancaster, PA - maybe a farmstay (i need to eat at Good and Plenty again!). Then I'll drop the family in Westchester at home and I will just keep going north for some quiet and isolation!!!

I've done the drive about 30 times.  I don't mind it at all, unless someone is clogging the left lane.  The speed limit is 70mph in a few states, so that helps move things along.  If you can get some time to visit Savannah, GA. I recommend it.  It's not too far from I95 and it's a beautiful historic city.  Really neat cemetery near the town square.  Great architecture.

I'm just finishing a nice glenmorange scotch and going to bed....by 8:00 tomorrow we are under way! Kids are fired up and not sleeping! Maybe that's good so they sleep tomorrow in the car - we added a Washington, D.C. Tour or two before heading to Mickeys place....wish me luck-hopefully you will not be reading about the loving father who drive his family off the road due to road rage!