North Korea Vows To Nuke The US!

I think any nuclear attempt by North Korea on the US.. should be the end of North Korea... hmmm .. okay maybe not as long as Obama is the President.. but I'm sure he would give them a stern talking to and their wrists would be awful sore from all the slappings they would get. I think he would also scold them but good and put them in "time out".

I think any nuclear attempt by North Korea on the US.. should be the end of North Korea... hmmm .. okay maybe not as long as Obama is the President.. but I'm sure he would give them a stern talking to and their wrists would be awful sore from all the slappings they would get. I think he would also scold them but good and put them in "time out".

The USA couldn't push past the 38th parallel back in the 50's. I hope we aren't dumb enough to try again.

The USA couldn't push past the 38th parallel back in the 50's. I hope we aren't dumb enough to try again.

ahhh another failure of a history class teacher. yes mcarther cleared the 38th parallel. in fact UN forces drove the north koreans all the way to the chinese boarder. it was at that point the chinese feared we would not stop, and with russian support (and 500,000 chinese infantry) pushed the UN back to the sea. the 38th parallel is where the stale mate started and still exsists today. The moral? its in chinas hands as to what will happen with north korea.

ahhh another failure of a history class teacher. yes mcarther cleared the 38th parallel. in fact UN forces drove the north koreans all the way to the chinese boarder. it was at that point the chinese feared we would not stop, and with russian support (and 500,000 chinese infantry) pushed the UN back to the sea. the 38th parallel is where the stale mate started and still exsists today. The moral? its in chinas hands as to what will happen with north korea.

Nice history lesson.

Nice history lesson.

Sorry im a history junky. A very dear friend of the family had a brother who served in korea. he was on the river during that time frame. his last journal entry stated ' we are holding the river for now. there is alot of movement on the other side. we'll be fine unless they decide to cross' he was kia the next day. it is small thing like that, that keep the bigger picture in perspective. like the saying goes, 'those who dont learn and respect history are sure to repeat it'

• Like 2

History is correct but if we leave this problem to China and do not put our big boy pants on we are screwed. No one is talking land invasion, that's just stupid but taking out nuke reactors/enrichment plants etc makes sense...set them back years. Only if they do not dismantle program themselves....to get them to do this is the trick

good thing is the rest of the world is not on your side if you make a nuke threat. making a nuke threat is like shooting yourself in each foot. if anything was to go down there's not much to stop it either. it's out of the average joe's hands and never in them to begin with.

History is correct but if we leave this problem to China and do not put our big boy pants on we are screwed. No one is talking land invasion, that's just stupid but taking out nuke reactors/enrichment plants etc makes sense...set them back years. Only if they do not dismantle program themselves....to get them to do this is the trick

But you cant operate in north korea with out china's support. air strikes are not even an option with out provoking china. so we put on our big boy pants, bomb the heck out of the nuke plants without china's consent, if china decides that we were incorrect, they can 1) simply take over, north and south 2) call on sanctions to the U.S. which could include calling on our debt to be paid or 3)simply take the side of north korea and retaliate in there defense. All 3 options are viable and not good from our point of view. We would not allow another super power to operate on our borders (cuba) so why should we expect anything less from china? China has come along way in playing the diplimatic game so we simply can not dismiss them. china will have to lead in changing the ways of north korea.

Good points but I'm just saying we need not rely on China to lead on this but yes it would be best if they partnered with us and other regional states to apply pressure. A subtle threat of military action will help bargaining position and only be used as a last resort.

A ground war with N korea would be a disaster for us. And nuking them would not sit well with China. There is little to no chance/correction "NO CHANCE" that N Korea could launch any type of attack on U.S. soil.

And all this rubbish about Obama not having the stones to do anything is way off also, what would all you arm chair warriors have him do, start another war with N Korea now? and then turn around in your next mindless sentance and say ahhh he aint done nothin bout that 16 trillion dollar deficit hes a sadlin my grandchildren with?

You guys have any idea how a large portion of that deficit was created and what a war with Korea and or Iran would do to our economy? never mind the poor young folks that would have to go there and get blown apart?

A ground war with N korea would be a disaster for us. And nuking them would not sit well with China. There is little to no chance/correction "NO CHANCE" that N Korea could launch any type of attack on U.S. soil.

And all this rubbish about Obama not having the stones to do anything is way off also, what would all you arm chair warriors have him do, start another war with N Korea now? and then turn around in your next mindless sentance and say ahhh he aint done nothin bout that 16 trillion dollar deficit hes a sadlin my grandchildren with?

You guys have any idea how a large portion of that deficit was created and what a war with Korea and or Iran would do to our economy? never mind the poor young folks that would have to go there and get blown apart?

sits, im not promoting another korean conflict. i was reflecting on the fact that we (the UN) had all of korea at one point in the war, and it was the chinese that decided how there neiborhood was going to be layed out and pushed us back to the 38th. its chinas ball game in that region, and they are the ones that will have to fix it.

In one hand I think there heads are to big for there shoulders but.. On the other hand a nuke threat is nothing to take lightly, and they really shouldn't be able to make threats. Think about what would happen if you or I said we were going to bomb Washington.

Nothing will happen to them for making a nuke threat but if you or I threaten Washington, we all know what will happen. I wonder what kind of country I live in sometimes.

The world wants china do do something about it, easy, ban Chinese products. Then they will take care of north Korea themselves... easy to do and most of our economys will take a hit

If it was so easy to do, the USA won't be in huge debt to China. A ban on Chinese products by the US government will only force the US to immediately repay the debt the US owes China, and that won't happen since we all know the US is broke.

North Korea makes no threats against China which is why China doesn't get involved. The moment North Korea steps on China's toes, they'll be in trouble. China is right across the border. A land offensive will sandwich North Korea right into the South Korean DMZ zone. That's why North Korea tries not to offend China.