New Ugly NBC, Wall St Journal & Marist College poll out

Poll: 41% in NY say Cuomo gun law is "about right"

30% say it went too far

19% say the gun law didn't go far enough

Over 56% feltCuomo was doing a good or excellent job

So, those of you who are sitting back comfortably think that the problem is being "handled", had better think about that some more. If we make any progress against this law and any subsequent gun legislation it will only be because we are more organized and passionate about the issue. If you're not actively involved, you are not doing your part to make this come out teh way it should come out.

I was shocked at the 19% that thought that law didn't go far enough. We have some real enemies out there. Just maybe we will be able to pull off the long-shot and get this law overturned, but those poll numbers kind of tell me that they will be coming at us again, and again.

It sounds like we are not doing a very good public relations campaign to get people's minds right on this issue. Also, it looks like it would be a good idea to get out the vote of our 30% minority so that we create a solid voting pro-gun block. If we can put our votes where our mouths are, we can toss these guys right out of office. But we do have a lot of work ahead to do that.

If it's doing so well , why are there so many County board members and Sheriffs against them .? someone is fudging the numbers !

I'm just guessing, but I think the answer to that lies in the population density of NYC. I did notice a couple of sentences in the AP article that said, "The breakdown showed a predictable split, with the strongest opposition upstate. The strongest support was in New York City and its suburbs".

I would like to know where the poll was taken?

I have to agree. If the poll was taken mostly downstate as opposed to upstate the results would be more in favor of the bill. Polls can be so inaccurate that they are not even worth paying attention to. But, unfortunately, enough people do.

We, gun owners/hunters are a tiny pimple on the ass of NY. there is no changing or swaying polls in our favor. If you think I have a defeatist attitude it's because I live in a suburb of NYC my whole life. People look at me like I am nuts when I tell them my hunting exploits.

• Like 1

i'm not sitting back. although people as a whole haven't voted for each resolution, i do think the results you're talking about are BS. i read the article for it and poll. there are issues with both. local clubs i'm in sell more tickets for limited single raffles than their poll size was even if you increased it by 100. another thought it was 100's of people less than 1/10th the size the turn out at the Feb 28th gun rally.

that said it's going to be a long battle still and complacency would be the sole reason for not winning.

As gun owners we need to engage the non owners or Anti gun groups in more discussion.

The first step is educating yourself. I have gotten into it a couple times with co-workers but i keep coming out on top.

Mainly because i can spew facts and data out for which they have no reply.

Know the crimes that are being pointed to as the reason for the "need" for these laws and then dismiss some of the rumors and hype around them.

Then be ready with facts about why it wont work, Chicago, DC, Great Britain etc. etc.

http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

This site will keep you busy. Read it and know it.

One last thing - know the constitution.

I have never been a big fan of polls and surveys. But just on the outside chance that there may be some validity to this one, and because this subject has become important here on this forum, I thought that others might be interested in the results. I do not guarantee the accuracy of the poll or the article, but merely have passed along what I found in our local paper. To me, while I find the results disturbing and not very pleasant, I do believe they sound similar to my perception of attitudes. At any rate, it does inspire me to keep active and engaged in the battle for the hearts and minds of non hunters and those that don't own guns and those who have been duped by this power hungry maniac.

We will not beat Cuomos safe act by vote or its perceived lack of popularity, it will have to be beatin in the halls of justice because the safe act is just illegal and unconstitutional. What the publics opinion on an issue is doesnt make it legal.

Yes. And it will need to go all the way to the Federal level.. NYS Supreme court will side with King Cuomo.

I don't want to tell anyone how to vote..(republican)...but we need to be sure to hit the polls in 2014 to cast our vote...(republican).

hint hint wink

Why? They sold us down the river too. You should be voting based on who sold you out, who didnt and who most likely wont do it in the future. Voting straight down party lines is ignorance at its worst.

I don't want to tell anyone how to vote..(republican)...but we need to be sure to hit the polls in 2014 to cast our vote...(republican).

hint hint wink

Here's the deal ..... The votes on that law is a matter of public record. Keep that voting record handy when you prepare for the vote. If one of your reps voted for the law, cross over the aisle and vote for his opponent, even if you consider him worse. And be sure to send an email explaining your vote to both candidates. Let them know that their vote on that law cost them the election. Don't be worrying about whether a candidate is Republican or Democrat. Just worry about how they voted on this one law. The Democrats didn't pass that bill by themselves, but those that did vote for it, regardless of party, should be voted against and told that you did so and why. Time for gun owners to vote as a unified block and for the politicians to know that. Let's put the fear back into these SOBs and let them know what a gun-control vote costs.

Vote List for A2388/S2230 – NY SAFE act

This is the voting list for the recently passed A2388/S2230 NY SAFE act.

The list shows the Senate Committee vote as well as the floor vote in both the

Senate and the Assembly. The AYE votes are votes to violate your firearm rights.

The NAY votes are votes to protect your firearm rights. Call, write or email

the Senators and Assemblymen and thank those who voted to protect your

rights, and condemn those who voted to violate your rights.

You can look up your State Senator at: http://www.nysenate.gov/senators

You can look up your State Assemblyman at: http://assembly.state.ny.us/mem/

This list can be downloaded as a .pdf file here:

http://www.wcfoany.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/A2388-Silver-S2230-Vote-Listing.pdf

NY Secure Firearms and Ammunition Enforcement (SAFE) Act of 2013

(S2230 Klein / A2388 Silver)

SENATE COMMITTEE VOTE: – Rules – Jan 14, 2013

VOTING TO INFRINGE YOUR GUN RIGHTS – Ayes (18):

Skelos, Libous, Carlucci, Flanagan, Fuschillo, LaValle, Marcellino, Valesky, Stewart-Cousins, Breslin, Dilan, Hassell-Thompson, Krueger, Montgomery, Parker, Perkins, Espaillat,

Gianaris; Ayes W/R (1): Hannon

VOTING TO PROTECT YOUR GUN RIGHTS – Nays (6):

Bonacic, Farley, Larkin, Maziarz, Nozzolio, Seward

SENATE FLOOR VOTE: – Jan 14. 2013 Ayes (43) Nays (18) Excused (1)

VOTING TO INFRINGE YOUR GUN RIGHTS – Ayes:

Adams, Addabbo, Avella, Boyle, Breslin, Carlucci, Diaz, Dilan, Espaillat, Felder, Flanagan, Fuschillo, Gianaris, Gipson, Golden, Grisanti, Hannon, Hassell-Thompson, Hoylman, Kennedy, Klein, Krueger, Lanza, Latimer, LaValle, Marcellino, Martins, Montgomery, O’Brien, Parker, Peralta, Perkins, Rivera, Sampson, Sanders,

Savino, Serrano, Skelos, Smith, Squadron, Stavisky, Stewart-Cousins, Valesky

Ayes: 43; (Democrat:32 Republican:11)

VOTING TO PROTECT YOUR GUN RIGHTS – Nays:

Ball, Bonacic, DeFrancisco, Farley, Gallivan, Griffo, Larkin, Libous, Little, Marchione, Maziarz, Nozzolio, O’Mara, Ranzenhofer, Ritchie, Robach, Seward, Young

Nays: 18; (Democrat:0 Republican:18)

Excused: Zeldin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASSEMBLY FLOOR VOTE: – Jan 15, 2013 Ayes (104) Nays (43) Excused (3)

VOTING TO INFRINGE YOUR GUN RIGHTS – Ayes:

Abbate, Abinanti, Arroyo, Aubry, Barrett, Barron, Benedetto, Boyland, Braunstein, Brennan, Bronson, Brook-Krasny, Buchwald, Cahill, Camara, Castro, Clark, Colton, Cook, Curran, Cusick, Cymbrowitz, DenDekker, Dinowitz, Englebright, Espinal, Fahy, Farrell, Galef, Gantt, Gibson, Gjonaj, Glick, Goldfeder, Gottfried, Heastie, Hennessey, Hevesi, Hikind, Hooper, Jacobs, Jaffee, Kavanagh, Kellner, Kim, Lavine, Lentol, Lifton, Vito Lopez, Losquadro, Lupinacci, Magnarelli, Maisel, Malliotakis, Markey, Mayer, McDonald, McDonough, McKevitt, Miller, Millman, Morelle, Mosley, Moya, Nolan, O’Donnell, Ortiz, Otis, Paulin, Peoples-Stokes, Perry, Pretlow, Quart, Ra, Ramos, Roberts, Robinson, Rodriguez, Rosa, Rosenthal, Rozic, Russell, Ryan, Santabarbara, Scarborough, Schimel, Sepulveda, Silver, Simanowitz, Simotas, Skartados, Solages, Steck, Stevenson, Stirpe, Sweeney, Thiele, Titone, Titus, W einstein, Weisenberg, Weprin, Wright, Zebrowski

Ayes: 104; (Democrat:96 Republican:7 Independent:1)

VOTING TO PROTECT YOUR GUN RIGHTS - Nays:

Barclay, Blankenbush, Borelli, Brindisi, Butler, Ceretto, Corwin, Crouch, DiPietro, Duprey, Finch, Friend, Gabryszak, Garbarino, Giglio, Goodell, Graf, Gunther, Hawley, Johns, Jordan, Katz, Kearns, Kolb, Lalor, Peter Lopez, Lupardo, Magee, McLaughlin, Montesano, Nojay, Oaks, Palmesano, Rabbitt, Raia, Reilich, Saladino, Schimminger, Skoufis, Stec, Tedisco, Tenney, Walter

Nays: 43; (Democrat:8 Republican:35 Independent:0)

Excused: Crespo, Fitzpatrick, Rivera

-NEVER FORGET-

• Like 1