Another Mass Shooting...upstate NY this time.

phade

I'm perfectly comfortable with my ability to protect myself as well as my ability to be self reliant.  I've never felt the need to carry a weapon in the course of my daily life.  I'm sorry to hear that you feel so inadequate without one.  Is there really so much evidence out there that proves that carrying makes you safer, as opposed to just making you feel safer?

I agree that it would be naive to expect the SAFE Act to have an immediate impact. But, I also think it's naive or just plain disingenuous to claim that a person who is intent on causing mass casualties is no more dangerous with an AR in his hands than with a shotgun. The reports say that, in additon to the 4 who were killed, there were another 2 wounded. Maybe those two would have been killed if this guy didn't have to reload? If you found yourself in the path of this guy, you'd hope he was carrying a 12 gauge and not an AR.

SO you are capable of protecting yourself against an armed gunman. sure. whatever helps you sleep at night. I sleep just fine knowing my chances of survival are better in my own hands. I don't need vast volumes of evidence to prove that I am better of with a CCW to protect myself. there are cases and I am confident in my ability to use it. If you aren't that is your choice. Just make sure your family know the wording so they can etch  " I chose to be a victim" on you headstone.

• Like 1

OK, it obviously makes you feel better to label anyone as self-loathing if they don't share your gun love. Whatever.

Again, nothing to do with the love or fascination of anything. You most likely do understand exactly what Culver and I are talking about, but it goes against what you stand for, so you refuse to face it. You arent an unintelligent person, misguided, but not unintelligent.

Hmmmmm, 5 round 00buck or 30round clip, point in general direction or well aimed shots, in a small room what would YOU rather take your chances with. Cowboy or not wny packs, the odds would change, maybe not for him but the next victem might have a chance. Its sadens me to see fellow hunter/gun owners speak the liberal anti 2nd ammed. lines. Regardless of the firearm (not weapon) its the crack pot behind the trigger thats to blame, not the choice of firearm.

I'm perfectly comfortable with my ability to protect myself as well as my ability to be self reliant.  I've never felt the need to carry a weapon in the course of my daily life.  I'm sorry to hear that you feel so inadequate without one.  Is there really so much evidence out there that proves that carrying makes you safer, as opposed to just making you feel safer?

What about people who cant defend themselves? Guns were invented in the first place to level the playing field between people and people or a person and an animal he wants to eat. There are alot of bad people out there, but there are more good people. If most of the good people were armed, the non-suicidal criminals would be discouraged; and the suicidal criminals might get off a few less rounds. We can then introduce the fact that other bystanders might get shot than if only the criminal was armed, and bla, bla,bla. It can go on forever, but that just proves this is a societal issue, its not about the means used to murder, but why is this on the increase? We have had guns in this country for how many years? But only recently did we have these kinds of shootings what seems like every couple weeks. If guns are the common denominater, why is it spiking now?

• Like 1

We are also breeding liberals like virgil over there that believe stripping the ability to defend against an unknown enemy such as a mentally disturbed individual with a gun is the solution to our problem. People like virgil IS the problem.

Tuckersdad ..you are so right...the weapon of choice was a double barreled shot gun(in the case I've mentioned before)...he would have taken out several ppl at the bar had he not put the gun up to the bar room window and shot...his victim was two foot from the door at the end of the bar...my Step sister had just lifted her head off the bar when he shot...taking out the victims rt shoulder and every glass down the bar...he reloaded thinking the doors were locked ...shot out the floor to ceiling dinning room window...reloaded and walked through to the restaurant kitchen and killed his victim as he was trying to crawl away...

We are talking out in the middle of the country and the nearest State trooper and Sheriffs offices 5 miles away...There were still no police around when my step sister woke me screaming that it was happening..she'd run to find a phone....Now had he not been after just one person the double barreled shot gun could have killed a lot of ppl that New Years eve...If just one person had a gun...his victim may have survived

The bar I use to manage ..the owner had a permit and a 45 under the counter at all times...tending bar at night alone ...I would not have hesitated using that 45 if it came to me or some nut case

POINT IS...It's the nut jobs behind the weapon NOT the weapon

Edited by growalot
  • Like 2

So you don't feel the need to carry a gun in the course of your daily life. Thats fine. But who the hell are you to mock someone who feels that they do? Typical liberal arrogance.

• Like 4

I'm sure those people going to see a movie in Colorado didn't think they needed a weapon that day. I know what I would have done if I was in that theater, as I am always armed.

What would you have done Virgil?

I'm perfectly comfortable with my ability to protect myself as well as my ability to be self reliant. I've never felt the need to carry a weapon in the course of my daily life. I'm sorry to hear that you feel so inadequate without one. Is there really so much evidence out there that proves that carrying makes you safer, as opposed to just making you feel safer?

I'm sure those people going to see a movie in Colorado didn't think they needed a weapon that day. I know what I would have done if I was in that theater, as I am always armed.

What would you have done Virgil?

People like virgil live in a fantasy world where those like him think it'll never happen to him. People like him think that by passing a law, AR's would magically disappear and the world would magically be a better place. People like him know nothing about family values, or the protection of loved ones. I have my doubts that he even values his own life the way he so carelessly gives his right to defend himself away and along with that, the rest of his fellow NY'ers rights. Either that, or he's just an Internet troll with nothing better to do. Tell me virgil, do you have armed guards protecting your family, or do you expect the government to do that for you? Or maybe one day you won't be trolling around here anymore because you gave all your rights away but the criminal that gunned you down didn't feel the same way you did about gun control.

• Like 1

Yesterday was a perfect illustration of why to carry.  The Mohawk police Department is in the same block as barber shop that he first hit. He drove about a mile to the car wash and that is within a mile of the Herkimer police Department. He then went to a parking lot. parked and walked by the Library and holed up in the building. That building is a block away from the Herkimer police department. and less thatn 2 miles away from State Police Troop D Barracks in East Herkimer. You can't get in a better place for response time and this guy was able to move untouched or observed by police to 3 locations. The police did a grat job in this whole scenario but it ilustrates that they can not be there when you need them in most cases.

• Like 3