First buck mount from last year!

First-light

Here is the 6 pt my friends son Zach took during bow season. It was his first buck ever and taken with a bow! I haven't seen it yet, it's at my camp ready to be hung on the wall. My neighbor picked it up and said it was  nicely done. He is coming up to turkey hunt the first weekend of May and will see it then. This is his last year hunting at my place for a while, he is going into the Navy in December.

post-156-0-78059600-1365155965_thumb.jpg

post-156-0-59876100-1365155976_thumb.jpg

Edited by First-light

That is a nice mount, and congrats to your friend for his first buck. Looks like he took it early in the seasons since the tress are sill green. I love my first buck because it has that nice summer coat still.My first bow buck was a 6 point, and weighed 185 lbs.I remember weighing it in at the local deer boards, and people could not believe the weight of him

That is a nice mount, and congrats to your friend for his first buck. Looks like he took it early in the seasons since the tress are sill green. I love my first buck because it has that nice summer coat still.My first bow buck was a 6 point, and weighed 185 lbs.I remember weighing it in at the local deer boards, and people could not believe the weight of him

Actually the deer was shot November 11th. HBB, did you weigh your deer at the old H&R grill??? lol 

Thanks everyone the deer is real special for him!