RAGE guys

WhitetailAddict11

I seen on DIY bowhunter that rage has added their chisel tip design to their X-treme model and I know that they offer the chisel tip in their other models as well. I personally like the razor tip and have a feeling that they may eventually stop offering the razor tip all together and make the full switch over to the chisel. Anybody else out their who's a fan of the razor over the chisel?

Chisel tip aka trocar tip for muzzy...which they now own. Same thing with Grim Reapers...the Razorip is much more popular than the razor cut.

Bone busting capabilities help penetration and lets the blades do their work.

Belo: I guess im just a fan of the razor because I like the idea of the broad head being just one giant razor that balances nicely. The first deer I ever killed was with a 75g muzzy and it worked great, and I have a friend who shot a buck with a chisel tipped rage this year that did a nice job considering the shot was a bit forward, but I have never liked the balance of a trocar tip, they feel heavy in the front. I have shot two deer with the the razor tipped rage, the first of which that was a doe who took it right through the front shoulder, so I have good faith in the razors bone cuttin ability.

• Like 1

I went to Rage ( razor tips) three years ago, after shooting Thunder Head chisel tips for years. The first buck I took I hit kind of high in the shoulder (my fault) He didn't go far but he didn't die as quickly as I would have liked, because I hit heavy bone. Since then I have taken two other bucks with the razor tips. They were hit where they should be hit, and the results were amazing. Huge holes and the deer went practically nowhere. I would guess that having a Rage with a chisel tip would be like having the best of both worlds. IMHO

i've never used anything but Rage and I've never lost a deer even with my first ever being high and back. They're pricey, but it'd be hard to steer me away from them. However, you could kill a deer with fieldpoints if the shot was good. That's what it's really all about. I dont think you can really go wrong with any of the popular broadheads.

I switched to the original 2 blade rage midway through last season because of a riser contact issue with my tricks.  This year it looks like ill be going with the rage hyperdyrmic. Thing looks nasty and i feel like you get the best of both worlds with a chisel type head

i never used the chisel tip, i personally have no issues at all with the razor tip. blows through bone like no other and that tip never bend, breaks or shows signs of wear. so no need for chisel for me at least. if they ever took the razor tips off the market i would switch but as long as they sell them i will buy them. i was thinking of stocking up on some replacements parts since i have about 20 Rage heads.

<br /><br />If they are still using rubber bands to hold the blades, than they will continue to be less effective.

i like the shock collars but i prefer the O-Ring design. no hesitation in the deployment and if you know how to use them they wont open prematurely... so i dont get how the o-ring design is less effective. may not be easier to use for clumsy people but def not less effective what so ever..

i like the revised o-ring design but like the titanium razor tip most... the regular razor not so much.  not really a fan of the xtreme.  i mean it's fine for turkey or something smaller like pronghorn, but you really don't need that big of a cutting surface over penetration.

I use the original rages with the razor tip and have never lost a deer yet that i shot.  Most of them only went about 40 yards and the blood trails and holes were incredible.  I figure if you can use broadhead that will make a huge hole why not. People that see what a rage does to the deer that i shoot almost always end up switching.

John

If they are still using rubber bands to hold the blades, than they will continue to be less effective.

Im not an expert, but the ones I use have an O-ring that hold the blades back. You have to check them especially before you knock an arrow in the field. You probably have to replace them every few years.

Belo: I guess im just a fan of the razor because I like the idea of the broad head being just one giant razor that balances nicely. The first deer I ever killed was with a 75g muzzy and it worked great, and I have a friend who shot a buck with a chisel tipped rage this year that did a nice job considering the shot was a bit forward, but I have never liked the balance of a trocar tip, they feel heavy in the front. I have shot two deer with the the razor tipped rage, the first of which that was a doe who took it right through the front shoulder, so I have good faith in the razors bone cuttin ability.

In most common hunters setups today, front heavy is actually a good thing.

Well maybe I shouldn't fight it then and try the chisel next year. My father bought me a pack of G5 T3's last year just to try and after shooting a few arrows with them on I was not impressed at all. My arrows flew very clumsily and lost noticeable speed, not to mention they dropped about 5 inches from where I was aiming. I'll stick with RAGE's regardless of the changes they make, whether I like them or not.

i will always stick with RAGE also... i mean if they make some crazy changes and they get super cheap down the road then thats another story but they really are superior heads even tho mechanicals get a bad rap. i dont see their quality going down anytime soon so ill be shooting them for years to come :)