Bob Seger & Joe Walsh

Lawdwaz

My wife wanted to see the Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band so I took her for her birthday.  They were at the First Niagara Center  last night.  Joe Walsh opened and did an awesome job.  Bob Seger was terrific!  68 years old and really gets into it.  Two of his band members have been with him since '69 and '71.

I haven't been to a concert in 30 years.  IIRC my last one was Olivia Newton John (anybody wants to give me crap, say it to my face) <grin>  We used to go to plenty back years ago.  Ironically, the BEST ever was Bob Seger and The Cars in September 1978.  Unreal...........

I was VERY reluctant to go but we had a good time and have no regrets.

Sounds like a good time. i haven't been to a concert in almost 20 years myself. Last one I went to was Santana circa 1995. Back in the salad days I use to go a  lot Aerosmith, Boston, AC/DC, 38 special  VanHalen (not Van Hagar) I forgot most of them.... Getting old.......

Did Joe Walsh go into his "spasms" while singing? Shouldn't make fun of his style, might have a medical condition. Have seen him on TV, concerts like Woodstock, The Eagles and some solo stuff. Always the same "ordinary average guy". Now, Bob Seger, could listen to him for hours.

Did Joe Walsh go into his "spasms" while singing? Shouldn't make fun of his style, might have a medical condition. Have seen him on TV, concerts like Woodstock, The Eagles and some solo stuff. Always the same "ordinary average guy". Now, Bob Seger, could listen to him for hours.

Not really spasms, just his goofy self!

He rocked pretty good and he is no spring chicken either......

You were just interested in her "down under".... hehehehehe..

BOB SEGER...Cool, Larry... He's one of my favorites...

"Night Moves" gives me goosebumps, and reminds me of my own misspent youth..

Here you go, Dan.  Read the words, close your eyes and go back 40 years.  It does feel good for a minute or two!

I was a little too tall

Could've used a few pounds

Tight pants points hardly reknown

She was a black haired beauty with big dark eyes

And points all her own sitting way up high

Way up firm and high

Out past the cornfields where the woods got heavy

Out in the back seat of my '60 Chevy

Workin' on mysteries without any clues

Workin' on our night moves

Trying' to make some front page drive-in news

Workin' on our night moves in the summertime

In the sweet summertime

We weren't in love oh no far from it

We weren't searching for some pie in the sky summit

We were just young and restless and bored

Living by the sword

And we'd steal away every chance we could

To the backroom, the alley, the trusty woods

I used her she used me

But neither one cared

We were getting our share

Workin' on our night moves

Trying to lose the awkward teenage blues

Workin' on out night moves

In the summertime

And oh the wonder

Felt the lightning

And we waited on the thunder

Waited on the thunder

I woke last night to the sound of thunder

How far off I sat and wondered

Started humming a song from 1962

Ain't it funny how the night moves

When you just don't seem to have as much to lose

Strange how the night moves

With autumn closing in

Lot of concerts by groups (individuals) from this era on TV, especially PBS and Palladia (PALHD). Most can still rock, while other should have just stayed in retirement. The best are the ones that do it for their fans and the nostalgia. Unlike the Stones, who make you take out a 2nd mortgage just to see them in concert.

Growie....I  have heard that  in order to get the Boston Bomber to confess everything he knows, they are going to strap him to a cot in a closed room and make him listen to " Barry Manilow's Greatest Hits"   over and over for 24 hours a day/7 days a week until he spills his guts...

For me it would take about 15 minutes.....<<grin>>.....

• Like 1

I can easily recall the worst concert I ever saw, Yes-In The Round.

It was probably the last one I saw before this weeks concert. It was so bad we left half way through it. Maybe we went to it sober or not stoned, I don't recall........

I'll never forget the time I took  Doris, Short Wormley's  double amputee sister ,down to Abner Whipsnead's pig pasture to watch a concert  by my favorite local band,  Slim Quail and the Chicken  ****in'  Five...

That was when Slim introduced his all time #1 hit song ...  " I Used to Kiss Her on the Lips, But it's All Over Now.."

He followed it up with his # 2 hit, that timeless  Cajun Ballad,  " Don't Wait up for the Shrimp Boats Mama, cuz I'm Comin Home with the Crabs.."

• Like 1