How Ya Gonna Prepare That Spring Turkey?

Grind it, brown it and make turkey tetrazzini.  Knock your socks off...................................

Each side of the breast meat equals one meal that will feed 6 adults, EASY.

2 breast=2 meals.  AWESOME!

Cut breast cutlets 1/2" thick...pound to 1/4". Brown a pound of venison burger and simmmer with packaged taco seasoning and a teaspoon of liquid smoke. Cover the thin breast cutlets with a layer of the taco meat and a layer of shredded taco cheese. Roll 'em up...wrap with bacon...and stick 'em in a 350 degree oven until the bacon is crisp. You will be in for a treat!

• Like 1

Cut breast cutlets 1/2" thick...pound to 1/4". Brown a pound of venison burger and simmmer with packaged taco seasoning and a teaspoon of liquid smoke. Cover the thin breast cutlets with a layer of the taco meat and a layer of shredded taco cheese. Roll 'em up...wrap with bacon...and stick 'em in a 350 degree oven until the bacon is crisp. You will be in for a treat!

Pics please!

Being old and technologically-callenged, I cannot do pics. This is easy to do. About the only "trick" is to wrap bacon over the ends before roll-wrapping the whole "logs". My bacon usually sticks well...no tooth picks needed. Give it a try...You will like it. (Your first rollup will be somewhat of an experiment. By the second, you will be a pro.)

I usually save the thighs for stew meat or turkey salad. I use the boneless breast for cutlets, chicken fingers, or my newest favorite, turkey "poppers" (brest meat cubes marinated in Italian dressing, wrapped in bacon, & cooked on the BBQ grill.

• 1 month later...

I do nothing other than make spiedies with my turkey!

Being from Broome County it is a must!

Here's a link from my home town(Johnson City,NY). They were the first to bottle spiedie sauce and now they also make a product line named Hunters Pride, which is aimed towards wild game cooking. Good stuff! I actually have some venison spiedies marinating for this wknd.http://www.spiedie.com/index.html