Looking for some lost guns near Sackets Harbor

RangerClay

This past weekend 5/26 our local group of cowboy action shooters had our monthly match at the Sackets Harbor Sportsman's Club.  One of our shooters had a senior moment.  He decided to go home after lunch and accidently left his guns in the rack.  Needless to say, they were not there when he returned that night.

If anyone was at the Sackets Harbor Sportsmans Club on Saturday 5/26 and saw something or if you hear of something, please let me know.  There were 2 guns.  One was an Uberti .45LC lever action rifle and the other was a pump 1897 shotgun.

Thank you.

Yikes! That stinks!

Anyone who would steal another mans guns is obviously on the wrong side of the law. There could be trouble from this. I hope your buddy made a police report so if something happens he will not be suspected.

• Like 1

Yikes! That stinks!

Anyone who would steal another mans guns is obviously on the wrong side of the law. There could be trouble from this. I hope your buddy made a police report so if something happens he will not be suspected.

Thanks!  I believe he is.

I also want to add these guns were at the upper rifle range.

Damn, what a bummer.  I bet it'll all work out.

Do you have to sign in at that club, if so look at the roster and see who was there and ask some questions.

Fingers crossed.....................................................

• Like 1

The  reason that I expressed some concern over them falling into the wrong hands is because my cousins truck window was smashed in and the thief stole his shotgun and used it in a robbery. The gun was held for a few years as evidence and they only returned the reciever to him. Hopefully this won't amount to that and they're returned to him.

Glad it worked out. I left my shotgun laying at the edge of a swamp once, at a public parking spot. I had it leaning up against the tire of my truck while I was loading up my canoe, then I drove off. It was a 30 minute, white knuckle, ride back to the spot, and I found my gun laying there but I know the feeling. I bet your friend will never do that again   LOL!!

Apparently a skeet shooter who saw the levergun sitting there knew that us cowboys were done shooting.  He asked around and nobody there claimed the guns so he set them aside in the club house till he heard from someone.

If any of you are up north feel free to stop by and shoot CAS with us.  We have pics on Facebook.  Look for,  Sackets Harbor Vigilantes.

Thanks again everyone.