how are the gardens...

growalot

coming along?

Mine not nearly close to finished planting...But...The snow and shell peas are great! the pole beans are looking good..the tomatoes are in but growing very slow(not to warm here)...the cabbage looks great......carrots, lettuce,swiss chard are all growing...spinach ..not so much...here and there...Today I planted a dozen swt and 1/2 dozen hot peppers...Brussel sprouts and eggplants....that's it...I will plant more seed summer squash...cukes...y/g beans...and okra in a little bit...we'll see on the corn and will buy plants for the broccoli ... winter squash I think, not sure yet...stupid knee!

Got 150lbs of seed potatoes(yukons and reds) and 20lbs of seed onion(red,white and yellow) in 2-3 weeks ago. All doing great!

Not much time for anything else, but did manage a 2 acre "7 card stud" foodplot.

Next wknd will be the herbs!! I looooove fresh basil and dill.

My garden consists of tubs and big pots because I live in a town where the deer come down and eat everything. I have to shut them in my garage every night and get them out before work every morning. What a pain in the butt, but it has to be.

My squash and cucumbers are well on their way. Peppers and tomatoes are looking well, but like Grow mentioned, are needing some warmer weather to really take off.

Everything that we put in is doing well. Didn't do as much this year , wasn't thinking when I scheduled my vacations.

We did 2 batches is corn and was hoping to do another for chickenspost-1068-0-56658000-1370907826_thumb.jp from 4 wks ago

Edited by paula

Have to wear knee boots just to get back to the garden. The plow down wheat is headed nicely, where the garden was suppose to be.   I think I'll take the profits from the clover hay and buy our produce along the road side stands this year, if I can harvest that.  I might get some pumpkins, and pop corn in if I can drain the water that's standing on the surface off. Us "flat landers" (LOL)  are suffering right now.

Sure could use a bit more heat, but so far everything is looking good and progressing in an acceptable rate. I wish I could get out there to take care of some of the weeds before they get to be a problem, but that might be a pretty mucky activity .... lol.

• Like 1

I haven't had a garden in a few years. I wasn't thinking, one early spring, and built my new shed too close to my plot. The shed blocks way too much sunlight so everything I planted turned out pretty poorly and the way my yard is laid out, I can't really dig a new spot. It stinks because I really enjoyed putzing around out there. The best I can do now is a few patio tomato pots out back.

Edited by ants