Maine bear hunt essentials?

MACHINIST

Heading out in 2 weeks,never done a Bear hunt over bait.I have all my normal deer ear and I know I have what I need there.I bought a thermacell and have a bug suit also.What else would you tell me to bring?I also have a friends GoPro that I am going to try and film the hunt with.

Your guild should be able to tell you if you need anything else...  Good luck, looking forward to you go pro video, remember to try and keep the cursing down! lol  Your deer hunting tools should be the same as bear, again good luck hope you get a monster!!!

yup got a thermacell.I was looking at the nice cushions at Bass Pro the other day but I didn't want to spend 50 bucks on one!!!

after I sat on a plywood seat for 8-10 hours a day for 6 days, I would have spent twice that on a good cushion had I known......we resorted to wrapping pillows in camo t-shirts after the first few days.........bugs weren't a problem at all when I went, but I'd rather have a thermacell and not need it then to not have one and need one.........and make sure you have warm weather camo, it can be hot.

Edited by jjb4900

Good head lamp, not a clip on a hat brim one; one that works, like a Petzl or Black Diamond.

Woods will get black quick and it'll leave you hands free if you need to check up on a shot taken in the evening.

Most of all some good luck!

Have fun!

Edited by Dinsdale

I hunted Bear in Maine in Davenport I did not need ay head nets or bug spray I think in the 4 days I was there I seen four bugs I hunted over bait in a ladder stand  exciding hunt if you never hunted bear before you have to make shore there are no cubs around before shooting your bear I waited about 10 minuets it could have bin five just seemed like ten  good luck and were waiting for the pictures

Papabear