Grunt Call

LIWaterman

Can someone recommend a simple solid well made grunt call. It seems almost impossible to find a decent grunt tube, seems gigantic, plastic, gimmicky grunt tubes are the trend. This ones got a wheezer, the others got a sneezer, one has a deer farting mechanism, this ones got a belching sound, this one has a compass, this one has a my girlfriend just cheated on me yelp.

• Like 1

I bought some garbage ones in the past but love my Quaker boy "Brawler buck" call. It is very well made and sounds so realistic and deep. Check your local dick's because i know the one in syrcause has them all wayyy marked down. like the quaker "meat hook" grunt tube is somthing like $5. And all those fancy primos ones are the same.

I bought some garbage ones in the past but love my Quaker boy "Brawler buck" call. It is very well made and sounds so realistic and deep. Check your local dick's because i know the one in syrcause has them all wayyy marked down. like the quaker "meat hook" grunt tube is somthing like $5. And all those fancy primos ones are the same.

X2 on the QB and not because i build the molds for them.

I bought one of the Extinguishers about 4 years ago and it's still in one piece.

I used to lose a lot of o-rings and bend reeds from other calls when I'd take them apart in the field when they'd freeze up and I tried to put them back together.

Haven't had to un-freeze my Extinguisher yet by taking it apart.... just move the tone adjuster back and forth once or twice and your back in business.

OMG...this is what happens when you have to call the sheriffs at 8pm...because 3 guys stop to ask if you have scrap to sell while glancing around as you say no and then the dogs bark all night ...I read that as garage sale not garbage...Oppps...sorry...lol

By the way they had a sheriff here..out in the middle of now where ville in 5 mins and the Captain called us back with more questions and the fact that yep ppl doing this then coming back to rob you...so nice...

(sp)

Edited by growalot

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using a Knight and Hale generic grunt call (NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT) and I actually rigged it up to make it sound as Realistic as possible. You would laugh if you saw it because of all the duct tape on it.. I wanted it to sound like a young buck grunt as oppose to the deep grunt that it made.. I have grunted in and shot around 4 bucks with it so far. All 7 and 8 pointers too.. Grunted in tons of young bucks also.