Whisker biscuit or arrow rest

HuntOrBeHunted

Any rest needs some maintenance. Dont fool yourself. You should be waxing your string, lubing the servings regularly, so the spray just gets done then. Ive always shot Blazer vanes anyhow, so no difference there. Id rather squirt a little spray on there once a month than take the chance of some mechanical issue at the moment of truth.

Anyone with a drop away do "maintenance" on them? I know I haven't.

1 Who cares what rest any one of us uses, use what makes you happy.

2 I have never done any thing to my WB other than replacing the bristles when they wear out, and I have never had an issue with it at any time.

That's true. In WNYBH's case, he never does anything besides replacing the whiskers when worn either, and making sure to use certain fletchings and avoid others, and lubing the bristles with magical fluid. Kind of reminds me when I had to replace my muffler fluid in my car when it started making noise. Same with the headlight fluid when lights go dim.

That's true. In WNYBH's case, he never does anything besides replacing the whiskers when worn either, and making sure to use certain fletchings and avoid others, and lubing the bristles with magical fluid. Kind of reminds me when I had to replace my muffler fluid in my car when it started making noise. Same with the headlight fluid when lights go dim.

You dont read very well do you. I already stated that Ive used Blazers longer than a WB, and Id use them even if I wasnt shooting a WB. Before I started using the spray (which isnt magical), I never had any issues with it anyway. The spray is probably one of the gimmicks I buy into, but it certainly doesnt hurt.

Face it, the WB is a well proven, very accurate rest.

You dont read very well do you. I already stated that Ive used Blazers longer than a WB, and Id use them even if I wasnt shooting a WB. Before I started using the spray (which isnt magical), I never had any issues with it anyway. The spray is probably one of the gimmicks I buy into, but it certainly doesnt hurt.

Face it, the WB is a well proven, very accurate rest.

So what rest were you using prior to the WB with the blazers?

Keep trying to suck me into insulting you, its not going to work.

Insults rarely work, but I know you're better than that. That's why you're a mod and your buddies aren't. But this isn't about that, its about the whisker biscuit vs the drop aways.

I'm just plain, ol, cheap. And, I don't like to monkey with changes. My whisker biscuit is the second one I have ever owned. I sold my other one with the bow, or I would probably still be using that one, with the home made notch in it.

Some people like fancier stuff, or they like to try out all the newer stuff. I am happy with what I have, although I think about getting a new bow every year, but rarely do. I am more of a practice makes perfect type of guy. I literally shoot a few thousand arrows every year, and if I have my way, I hardly ever change anything.

What I have seen of the new style drop-aways, it appears that they work nice and smooth. Nothing the matter with them other than cost, and I honestly can't see a benefit in me changing anything at this point.

• Like 1

I've got the same old prong-style TM Hunter that came with my bow. If that hadn't have come with the bow, I probably would still be using the old magnetic Terry rest that I had on my other bow for years. I look at some of these arrow rests today and they cost more than a lot of my top-of-the-line bows cost me entirely outfitted not all that many years ago. What the heck ..... people got more money than they know what to do with these days? looking at the archery catalogs it would appear as though they do.

• Like 1