Anyone have wind turbines on their property?

First-light

Grow,

Just spent a half hour on the phone with a friend that has two on his property. No issues on his end and says the company has been great. He did say the more wind the more sound you hear from the blades.  For the last two years he says he can hear it 15% of the time. Everyone is signing around me, you know how that goes. I always wanted to farm, just didn't think it would be the wind!!!!! :scratchhead:

I'll be staying away from this topic. Those multi-story whirly-gigs sprouting up all over any piece of landscape that was ever worth looking at is quite a sore subject with me, so obviously all I would ever come up with is the "don'ts" of leasing. I don't think you want to listen to that sort of stuff......lol.

Just remember your taxes are helping to pay for every one you see - they are highly subsidized.

And little to any of the power produced remains local. If they where used to provide lower cost electricity to those town whose skyline they trash, it might help a bit.

Doc ...on with you on this and have no wind turbine signs on my land... and fought hard to keep them out .....that said...if he is in an area where the townships allowed them ...more power to him if he wants them....It just keeps them out of my area and concentrated in a few spots.....but just wait...NYS will eventually have them popping up on state lands just wait and see :fie:

4 thousand per megawatt. Turbines that are proposed are 2.5 megawatts. Minimum payment is 10,000 or a max of 4% production royalty per year. 2 thousand a year for the lease and 1500 per installed turbine. Lease is for 25 years.

that would sure go a long way paying for a mortgage and taxes..........

• Like 1

I'm more worried about the sound. We have wind farm views from front and back porch. They are 10 miles away and you can see them. Will be at camp next weekend and will check out my friends property for sound issues. 

This is the area for wind and the 1st wind farm is doing real well. 

Remember that they have to clear a lot of land to do initial install and build good sized access rds...but due to weight they have to go pretty deep for each pad...and that can change the water flow in the area and there will be ground vibration although if not noticeable to you.... may be to wild life  don't rely on written research...go to the ppl that have been living with them...also make sure they are and have been receiving payments once they are sold...because they will change hands...find a good local lawyer that has worked with land owners to dbl ck the contracts

ps ...in 25yrs...who pays for removal and who is now responsible for paying the taxes/insurance on that very  lrg. structure? Because someone will be...

Lessee is responsible and a bond is set up with the town for decommissioning purposes.

Lessee is responsible and a bond is set up with the town for decommissioning purposes.

probably worth a few bucks in scrap metal.........by the time 25yrs is up that thing paid for itself a few times over, no wonder the company who installs them doesn't want them.