new broadheads....

growalot

I still have  some from last year but thinking of buying new...I can't make up my mind on which to try this year...the ones I have are 100gr Cabelas that fly great...pass through...but on my Doe last year I got a good two lung shot..a bit forward but both lungs and she went an awful long ways before going down....Yet  I took a nice buck and doe the year before and both short trail jobs...the doe dropped in 10-15 yrds...but still very little blood had I needed to trail

No mechanical for me ...low poundage and if I pull a shot I want bone cutting ability...hhmm there are so many options out there

I have the viper tricks.  They fly well and are very sharp.

The g5 Montec's fly well too, but the buck I took last year left almost no blood trail.  I was lucky to find it.  It was a liver shot though.  They are not nearly as sharp as the vipers.

I plan to use Rage this year, but have a couple of viper tricks with me if I need to shoot through a blind.

Only used 3 heads in 25 years of bow hunting, but the best bone cutter I used was a swedged 2 blade Mangus .

First buck I took with them ,rear quartering right under my stand,entered ribs back a bit high,came out ribs cage off side low kinda what I call the "arm pit" then it passed through the front leg bone.

The tip was sticking out the bone a half inch or so. Head was undamaged.

Perhaps not the best blood trails with 2blade ,but if one double lungs em that often is not an issue anyway.

Been using Stingers for 7 years now, have used the Buzzcut for idk 3 years now,took 2 deer with them. Not enough to form an opinion vs the plain edge Stinger yet.but in my limited use they both seem about the same. This one passed through a nice buck and went a couple inches into dirt.

Ok this is not a Buzzcut but plain.

post-253-0-52684100-1378475774.jpg

Edited by Larry302

I use slick trick razor and standard.  I hope never to use another brand!

I second that motion!!  I use the Slick Trick magnums and they fly like my field tips. 

I do use NAP Gobbler Getters for turkeys.  They are the only mech. head I trust.

Edited by RangerClay

So I ordered my broadheads the NAP Thunderheads...100gr....I had some old ones that I've taken out to practice with...and I grouped at 25yrds ...slicing blades off one and then the length of arrow shaft on another...lost that shaft...so I decided to go with them this year...I actually think I'd gotten the Cabelas because they were very close in design to the thunderheads but a great deal......these have a rebate...so 5 for 29.00.......Well free to me but...I also got some tinks power scrape....

Thanks for the input guys

I kind of like the Stingers also. But I have to say that as long as you can get any broadhead to fly well, they all will do the job. There may be one notable exception to that. I recently saw an ad for some wacky-looking new broadhead that is designed to cut a plug of meat out of the deer. It kind of puts me in mind of the old Browning Serpentine head. That likely is a disaster. But any head that stays with the traditional principles of broadhead design, will do the job as long as the archer does theirs.

So I ordered my broadheads the NAP Thunderheads...100gr....I had some old ones that I've taken out to practice with...and I grouped at 25yrds ...slicing blades off one and then the length of arrow shaft on another...lost that shaft...so I decided to go with them this year...I actually think I'd gotten the Cabelas because they were very close in design to the thunderheads but a great deal......these have a rebate...so 5 for 29.00.......Well free to me but...I also got some tinks power scrape....

Thanks for the input guys

Most horrible stuff ever. I've never seen deer turn so inside out before with any type of scrape actions. Never again.

I've used it before with a combo of human urine and wild life research...some got good action...some totally ignored it  but never had them run away...worst case scenario I get a bad reaction on film then let the spot rest and wash out for a few weeks...

I normally avoid this stuff because  the guys around me over use scents and I do get BAD reactions...so I stick to food based usually...and or curiosity scents...but I have a few weeks...so nothing ventured nothing gained...