Arizona Sheriff's department of corrections takes all meat off the inmates menu

apoallo

The sheriff says its to save $$ which it probably will but i Think it is just curel.for anyone to be force to be a  vegetarian. Although Im sure all these imates deserve it. I think its kinda funny

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/sheriff-joe-arpaio-institutes-cost-saving--vegetarian-meals-for-inmates-220538735.html

He runs a tight operation.

The inmates: sleep in tents, harvest food, read books for entertainment, play outdoor sports for activity, and now are vegan. Sounds like a real back-to-the-land situation all the hip magazines promote.

I am sure a prisoner wouldn't have to look to long for some meat. :wild:

The sheriff says its to save $$ which it probably will but i Think it is just curel.for anyone to be force to be a  vegetarian. Although Im sure all these imates deserve it. I think its kinda funny

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/sheriff-joe-arpaio-institutes-cost-saving--vegetarian-meals-for-inmates-220538735.html

f*ck cares about cruelty to a bunch of murders and rapists... maybe it'll even result in less violence and what not.

• Like 3

He treats criminals as they all should be treated. Sheriff Joe is doing what is right within the law.  Why should taxpayers have to again be robbed by criminals to have better meals and housing than the ones that were victims to begin with? We would be so lucky to have one or two in our state to save us money that were like him.

• Like 4

Arapaio is first a BIGOT.....The fact that he is in a position to practice his bigotry is a damn shame!  Anyone who can support him is probably a bigot, as well!

Sheriff Arapaio keeps getting re-elected so I gues hes doing something right. He does a great job. The recidivism rate there is lower than anywhere in the country. He is the man.

Oh well, I guess I'm a bigot. Don't really care.

Ah well.....One can only hope that some member of your family runs afoul of the law in Sheriff Joe's jurisdiction!!

I don't know about wishing someone ill times.

The tent city is just like the one Sheriff Joe lived in while in Korea.

The food is the same food he will eat also.

And a bigot is someone who treats someone unfairly or unjustly. Well, it seems pretty fair from where I stand.

When I lived in Glendale, AZ, the volunteer deputies (aka retired folks) would patrol and provide exceptional services that our cities and towns would be envious of. they would drive home someone in need, place a patrol car at bad intersections, provide traffic control before major problems evolved. sheriff Joe has also hired former inmates for non-law enforcement personnel.

"Runs afoul of the law"?  You make it sound like these people are in for something like speeding or not wearing a seatbelt.  If any of my family got arrested running drugs or illegals or something major like that then it wouldn't bother me in the least to see them in a tent camp in Arizona. 

Covert, I feel for your family.....You are one pathetic sonofabitch!

Why?  If they act like scumbags they deserve to be treated as such.  It's pretty simple; don't burglarize, rape, rob, use/sell illegal drugs, molest little kids etc. and you don't have a problem.  It isn't like it's something beyond anyone's control.

"If they don't like it they would break the law"  Say what??  Are you people not aware of the number of people falsely accused...erroneously convicted...even wrongly executed?  I realize compassion is in short supply in today's world, but I still feel sorry for you!

Why?  If they act like scumbags they deserve to be treated as such.  It's pretty simple; don't burglarize, rape, rob, use/sell illegal drugs, molest little kids etc. and you don't have a problem.  It isn't like it's something beyond anyone's control.

Exactly, pretty simple.