Long Island Bow Hunting thread

JimmyDaSavage

Good luck poem for all you big buck bow hunters!!!

May you see many deer and have a buck come through

May he be large and stand perfect for you

May your arrow fly straight and hit its target true

Look out big bucks Johnny hunter is coming for you

Good luck to all bow hunters this year be safe and I hope you get the deer of a lifetime!!!

I saw one deer yesterday and that was when I was walking in. I did have a ton of turkeys around me all day and a turtle that I spent the afternoon with lol. I hunt public lands and the temps just seemed to hot for much movement. Will go out for my 2nd time next week either Tuesday or Wed. Best of luck to all!

Was out yesterday with a buddy. Public land. I passed on a lone doe in the morning. Then my bud shot a doe. A bit of a track job was needed but we found her. Small..maybe 50 lbs. Looking at wound you would say double lung, but it was in fact liver and front of gut. Track job was thru thickest stuff you can imagine. Got her home, quartered, and into an iced cooler. Then ran out for the afternoon. I was in an area just off a big farm field. Had 2 does and 3 fawns show up at last light. Only had shots at the fawns and I passed. Buddy saw a 4, spike, and doe. Passed. Very long day. Slept like a baby last night. Great to be out again.

Movement? My wife called me to say she almost nailed 3 with the car running across the road in cove neck nassau county last Thursday,So far she's done better than me.I travel 2 hours upstate to see nothing and she almost wacks one 5 minutes from the house. 

I know. Quiet over here. I was out again just for a morning hunt and scout on tuesday. Public land. Just had 2 pass me in the dark. Seemed like does but I couldn't see them. Then nothing else. In my scouting I was still seeing more old rubs than new ones. But The rubbing I'm sure is picking up by the day. Its been frustrating for me so far. Work and life have been getting in the way of hunting time.

Havent been out on the island yet. Next weekend will be my first time out there. Heading upstate this weekend one last time then most of my hunts will be on the island until opening day of gun season. One of my friends shot a doe and another guy i know gor a spike for his first deer. Seen a few pictures of some nice ones bit don't know who the guys were that shot them or where.

John

I was on public land Sunday.  From 9am till dark saw some rubs and 3 doe, 1 busted me a half hour earlier then 2 more as I was leaving my ambush spot for them.  Nice just to get some action for the first day.  So tired, I need a bow sling...  Try to get in early Sat and post an area before I go trampling the woods...   

Didn't hear anything about a deer like that yet...

Got in my stand hour before light, had some rain this morning. The rain stopped as it was gettin light and right after that I had deer walking around then running around. I could have sworn I heard a few grunt but i couldn't see the deer. Then a few Dow worked in and they were extremly skidish. I then saw this really nice 8 point standing behind a tree which appeared like a ghost at 25 yards.i then heard him grunt at a Doe and start running her around the woods to the side of me. Nice to see some deer finally! And a nice buck as well.

• Like 1

More news updating the buck taken yesterday. The buck scored 237 3/8 but was taken with a spotlight. Not sure if it was on a nuisance permit or what. Kind of depressing. I will continue to post more info. Buck has 6 brow tines, 2 drops and kickers. Going on info via text from my buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

More news updating the buck taken yesterday. The buck scored 237 3/8 but was taken with a spotlight. Not sure if it was on a nuisance permit or what. Kind of depressing. I will continue to post more info. Buck has 6 brow tines, 2 drops and kickers. Going on info via text from my buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

If true I want to vomit.