Old Timers-Ground Round?

Lawdwaz

Remember the restaurant the "Ground Round" from the 70's?

What did they put in their chili, was is sour cream, onions or cheddar cheese? (or all of them?)

I can't recall what it was they put a dollop of on the chili when it came to the table....I just made a big pot of it with 4lbs of venison and it is a bit bland.   HELP!!!!!

I have to get some new/better chili powder.  The stuff I'm using now has zero taste to it.  It is the cheap stuff you get for a buck.............I know, I know,  It's my own fault.

I was just at Tops. bought some sour cream and a big fat white onion.  We're going out for dinner tonight and backstraps for tomorrow night supper so the chili will be lunch.

I have to get last years game in the freezer whittled down as I have victims waiting.......

Not sure if you do this, I add the chili powder to the meat as its cooking and when it is almost done I then add red hot to it. For me it doesn't make it to hot doing it this way.

Maybe I started doing this because I buy the cheap stuff. Last time I bought McCormicks Mexican chili powder thinking it would be better but I don't think so.

Maybe you should score and just drop a jelopeno pepper in when cooking, scoring will give flavor without making it too hot