all day sits

aqua750

hey guys how many of you guys do a HONEST all day sit????? as for me  I really cant remember  if and when I last did one  now come on lets be honest on this one!! actually it just came to me I can only think of one hunting bud  that used to do it.

I do it for 5-6 days straight during the rut. It can be boring at times but I've seen some pretty big deer on their feet between 11 and 2...

I killed this one at 1:30 pm in 2007 during one of my 1st all-dayers. My Dad had called me and told me I was nuts. I called him 45 minutes later to tell him I had just stuck an arrow in this buck... BTW- this deer taught a little bit about aging deer. Confirmed 3 year old by cementum annuli analysis. He grossed 139 (broken left brow) but if you ignore the antlers and look at the rest of him it makes sense.

post-50-0-67352300-1383783641.jpg

Opening day only if weather permits, but I don't really sit around at about 11-12 I walk around and get back to my stand about 2-3 until dark hundred. The rest of the season I skip mid-day and usually have one spot for mornings and another for evenings.

I sat all day on the 4th. Saw 10 bucks and missed and 8 and a 10. Both arrow delelfelctions. Spot is very thick but I really found a honey hole. Going back tomorrow. Shot one last night a nice 8 but I stil have my gun tag left. This is on long island

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I sat all day on the 4th. Saw 10 bucks and missed and 8 and a 10. Both arrow deflections. Spot is very thick but I really found a honey hole. Going back tomorrow. Shot one last night a nice 8 but I stil have my gun tag left. This is on long island

unfortunately since I've been in NY I have not had the opportunity to do an all day're....  just me and my dog up here, n I can't let him sit allll day at the house without letting him out at some point... i either hunt the first half of the day or the last half... though opening day of gun Im gonna try n sit as long as i can .... 

I try to do at least a couple all day sits during bow but those have become tough with all the kids activities the last few years. But will definitely sit all day opening weekend and any other day that I take the drive down to where I do most of my gun hunting

i usually do all day sits almost every sit starting from opening day. however, this year has been so slow with mid day movement and temps just way to warm for me to do so that i think i have done 1 maybe 2 all day sits...

i love sitting all day

trail cam is showing some activity picking up mid day with some 1pm movement. but im looking for more 11-1 activity and ill start sitting all day.

In archery season I will do a few days of all day sits sometime during the last two weeks of the season but the weather has to be cooperative as I will not sit out all day in the rain or on super windy days.  Over the years I have seen many bucks during the "off" hours and sometimes wonder why I make myself get up so early.      

When I had a large property to hunt id just move from one stand to another to break it up a bit. Now I just have to many other responsibilities and sneak out after 3 or 4 hrs get some things done head out for the last 2 1/2.

For me it depends how the back is. So far this year I haven't done an all day'r yet. Opening weekend of rifle I always sit all day.

gander mountain sells a 10 $ lumbar support that will help your back tremendously!  It weighs absolutely nothing and you can just strap it to your pack for the walk in... i picked one up this year and clip it to the climber for the walk in... cheap easy fix.. 

I always sit all day the first 2 days of gun season. Stand has to be comfortable though. Some stands I have to stand up and stretch every once in a while. I am going to be sitting 3 days straight this weekend. Hopefully I get a shot at something

For our permanent stands a few weeks b4 season we install boat seats to a frame then to the base of the stand. Super comfortable and it swivels. My lower back tends to get stiff these seat deff help!!