Sick as a dog...

WNYBuckHunter

It started on Saturday morning, my throat was feeling raw as can be. Then Sunday night when I got home, it really started kicking in. Fever, sore throat, sinuses plugged, achy all over, the whole 9 yards. Ive been barreling through work for the past 3 days in hopes that the cold will be getting better before Thursday (tomorrow), because thats when my first 4 day weekend for hunting starts. I couldnt breathe last night, so I got about an hour or two worth of sleep and today I just feel like I want to slump over into a pile. I hope I have enough energy tomorrow to wake up for the morning hunt. I have changed my plans around a bit and will hunt my ladder stand tomorrow morning instead of going up in my climber like I wanted to. Maybe Ill have enough energy to do the climber thing in the afternoon. I just hope I can gather up enough strength to draw my bow if a deer comes in lol.

Theraflu expectorant for cold & chest congestion, liquid. I was starting to get a nasty cold a few days before the NZ opener and used that stuff. Then I kept a supply of no-doze just I needed cold pills & got drousey. Cutting it close, hope you feel better & can get out there.

I just hate getting sick this time of year. If I get any symptom of a cold I start hitting the medication right away and make sure to drink extra fluids and get extra sleep.

I hope that you start to feel better and are able to get to the stand that you want to. Good luck to you.

Man...I feel terrible you are sick. If you can't get out....do you want me to watch your stand for you? I will tell you if anything goes by...promise!! Scouts honor ;)

Youre more than welcome to watch it for me, as long as its through a pair of high power Binos lol  :D

Dont worry, Ill be out there!  ;)

BTW, I was headed over to my Dad's the other day for something (cant remember why now) and as I passed the field that my stand sits on, there was 2 nice big does hanging out with 2 fawns not 15 yards from the stand, and in a shooting lane no less. I just shook my head and rolled my eyes lol.

I feel your pain I started getting sick on Monday after work I work up Tuesday morning feeling like hell I took an extra hot long shower which helped a little bit. I didn't want to waste the holiday ( choices were to pick up leaves or go hunting ) I grabbed my gear regretting the entire way until I got into my stand I spent half the day seen a few small deer then spent the other half helping my buddy drag out and butcher a doe he killed. I hope I get rid of this by the weekend might try a couple of shots of nyquil to try and sweat it out. Hopefully this is not a sign of how the winter will go as I usually go all year without getting sick.

The funny thing is I got sick almost the exact same time frame last year. Odd.

So yesterday, I grabbed the Nyquil caps, got home, popped them, hopped in bed at around 6pm and there I stayed, sound asleep till 5am today. I am up and popped a couple of Dayquil caps and I feel great! I cant wait to get into my stand!  :)

Go to a health food store and buy a bottle of Echinacea and Golden Seal in capsules. Bomb your system with about 4 caps AM another 4 PM for a few days. It supplements your immune system.

Absoluty..... I keep 2 bottles in my cabinet at home and beef up on them when i start to feel sick... it cuts the cold in half