Big Buck Contest, OMG!

Lawdwaz

I stopped into Johnson's Country Store, located in Lockport late this afternoon.  I was checking on a couple things and am always interested in their Big Buck Contests.

The archery contest had TWO entries............both bucks.

The gun contest that just started on Saturday of course, has me floored.  FLOORED.............

One entry.  Yup, one entry.

A 132lb DOE.  WTH?  I kid you not.  I am stunned.........................Not a single buck!!

I stopped into Johnson's Country Store, located in Lockport late this afternoon.  I was checking on a couple things and am always interested in their Big Buck Contests.

The archery contest had TWO entries............both bucks.

The gun contest that just started on Saturday of course, has me floored.  FLOORED.............

One entry.  Yup, one entry.

A 132lb DOE.  WTH?  I kid you not.  I am stunned.........................Not a single buck!!

I just had a picture sent to me of a buck supposedly taken from somewhere near pendelton , they were saying it could be some kind of state record . I don't want to post it publicly because the guy who shot it is in the picture . Could be legit i guess ,the utv in the background has a NYS plate on it.

I just had a picture sent to me of a buck supposedly taken from somewhere near pendelton , they were saying it could be some kind of state record . I don't want to post it publicly because the guy who shot it is in the picture . Could be legit i guess ,the utv in the background has a NYS plate on it.

Some of the guys on here have edited photos to censor the persons face or plate #. I dunno about legalities though.

if you want to post it, PM me the picture and I can photoshop out anything like a face or plate easily.

How can you enter a doe into a buck contest? Should just be called a deer contest. Makes 0 sense.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I think they are just trying to give credit to some of the nice big heavy doe that, IMO are a trophy in themselves.  The contest as far as I know is strictly based on weight.

You  ever see a 150lb doe?  THAT my friend BROW is a sight to see!  I killed one that hit that magic mark about 10 years ago, she had a head like a horse.  Gorgeous.............................................

I think they are just trying to give credit to some of the nice big heavy doe that, IMO are a trophy in themselves.  The contest as far as I know is strictly based on weight.

You  ever see a 150lb doe?  THAT my friend BROW is a sight to see!  I killed one that hit that magic mark about 10 years ago, she had a head like a horse.  Gorgeous.............................................

Geez, Larry...I think you shot somebody's horse...<<grin>>...

The contest at our local (Campbell) legion has always been for heaviest deer..A big doe could win it.... I can't remember whether they call it a Big Buck Contest or a Big Deer Contest.

I'll let you know next time I stop by for happy hour..

Good chance that will be tomorrow...<<smile>>...

• Like 1

Should be renamed big deer contest if its by weight. Big buck typically means inches. On the topic of big does. My brothers friend shot a 209+lb doe. Weighed in at the butchers. It was his first ever deer and it took him forever to drag out. He didn't even know it was a big doe till everyone at butcher was in awe.

There's a doe behind my parents house (2 acres) that keeps getting bigger. She's probably 6+ years old. She's huge, looks like I could walk under her legs without bending over. She's gotta be 150lb+.

Should be renamed big deer contest if its by weight. Big buck typically means inches. On the topic of big does. My brothers friend shot a 209+lb doe. Weighed in at the butchers. It was his first ever deer and it took him forever to drag out. He didn't even know it was a big doe till everyone at butcher was in awe.

There's a doe behind my parents house (2 acres) that keeps getting bigger. She's probably 6+ years old. She's huge, looks like I could walk under her legs without bending over. She's gotta be 150lb+.

When you eventually walk up to one of these hogs, it will hit you.  Promise........

When I shot my heaviest buck a couple years ago, I walked up to it after a short 70 yard blood trail and was absolutely in amazement.  It was just stunning...........His legs were under him in a way that made him look even bigger!

Hang on, I'll see if I can find a picture of 'Ol Fat Ass :fie:

217lbs a brute:

217resized016.jpg

Not my most flattering picture but that buck makes even ME look skinny........................................NOT.

• Like 1

I got a 165lb doe about 8 years ago now. She was a pig! I have a really old one I have seen twice now in the woods this year.I grunted her in on opening weekend. I saw her walking solo through some bushes and could tell it was a big deer. I thought it was a big buck, but to my amazement no horns. It walked within 5 of the tree I was standing behind when I grunted. Her mouth was opening, sort of panting (I don't know if she was tryingt smell or if she was in heat) and I could see brown rotten teeth. She must be pretty darn old.