Vid - hunter 'thinks' he kills a deer!

stevenjackson

" don't know how big it was it was running" nice

" his eyes are open" really nice

No bullet hole or blood really really nice

Probley all the orange he had on scared the s@@@ out of the deer thought it was a crazy pumpkin after him

Can't teach common sence I guess

there looks like there are 2 hole to me... something is going on in that deers back area, you can see the hair all moved around and the deers mouth is hanging open with a hole at the deers jaw. i saw blood around the deer...

i would have waited a bit but if the deer dropped and appears to be laying there graveyard dead, i bet that would have happened to more guys then this one.. JMO... there was no flopping around of the deer, no indication of it being alive. even when i see deer drop i still wait it out a bit but dang, that was freaky seeing the eyes open up when he touched the deers leg lol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By jeff1211
      Hello, I just discovered this forum. I have never hunted before. I just recently got my hunting license and took my hunting and bowhunter courses. We are in the midst of spring turkey season and I was really looking for a mentor/partner to guide me so I don't miss the season. I live in rensselaer county in rensselaer but am willing to travel to you for the sake of public/private land. I am very much a subsistence hunter right now (I would like to use the meat/animal I kill) but may eventually go for trophies (still want to use the animal though). I am very willing to learn everything there is about each of the seasons and animals and about field dressing. I was hoping I could get someone to go out with before the spring turkey season ends. I am mainly available weekend mornings but can move my weekdays around a little if needed.
    • By DSMoss
      Hello All,

We are looking to interview two hunters for and episode of the podcast The Adventures of Memento Mori that explores the topic of death. The tone and purpose of the show is to normalize the conversation, to address the fear, to recognize that it happens to us all,  to share stories and hopefully become a tad more enlightened while having a bit of fun along the way. 

In this episode we explore the relationship (or lack there of) between eating meat and recognizing that an animal was killed to get it. Also interviewed in this episode is a hipster taxidermist, a farm to table chef, an ethical slaughter organization and hopefully:

1) a hunter who hunts exclusively for the purpose of food. 
      2) a hunter who hunts primarily for sport.  

This can be a heated conversation, but one worth having. And one worth hearing all sides. We have no set agenda and gladly welcome all opinions.

About me: 
      I was born in Idaho. My family is made up of hunters and I grew up with it. My Dad was actually a butcher and although he didn't really hunt deer he would always be dragged along to dress the animal in field. I fish but don't hunt. I spent five years in the USMC. I don't believe in hunting for sport. I would, however, only eat meat from an animal that I took. 

If you're up for good conversation and would like to be a guest on the show we'd love to hear from you. We are looking to record in the next week and it would be even icing on the cake if I could accompany you on a hunt. 

Interested? Please send an email to DS Moss at [email protected]. Write "Hunter" in the subject line and include a couple sentences about yourself and if you are either 1) a hunter who hunts exclusively for the purpose of food.  or 2) a hunter who hunts primarily for sport.

Best,
      DS