Bought a New Toy

phade

okay Cuomo... The term toy is loosely used and there is no need to be worked up over that. Handling such as a toy is a different story... But reference to a toy is just common vernacular when buying many things.

Cuomo? Wtf are you taking about. I understand the slang. But if we want to convince people we're responsible gun owners and not reckless it may be one of those things we work on. That's all I meant. Ask a leader from scope or the NRA if they agree and I bet they do.

Edited by Belo

Cuomo? Wtf are you taking about. I understand the slang. But if we want to convince people we're responsible gun owners and not reckless it may be one of those things we work on. That's all I meant. Ask a leader from scope or the NRA if they agree and I bet they do.

I can respect and agree that a positive impression of responsible gun ownership is beneficial. Our difference in opinion come with the use of the the word "toy" when describing a new gun purchased. I don't think it giving the impression as to treat them like a toy, but simply a phrase used by many guys when they buy something new they use. I may be understating the importance of the use word choice, you may be overanalyzing it's use. That is going to be objective.

I consider my tools as toys often, and a gun is nothing but a tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can respect and agree that a positive impression of responsible gun ownership is beneficial. Our difference in opinion come with the use of the the word "toy" when describing a new gun purchased. I don't think it giving the impression as to treat them like a toy, but simply a phrase used by many guys when they buy something new they use. I may be understating the importance of the use word choice, you may be overanalyzing it's use. That is going to be objective.

Agreed. In the company of fellow gun owners it's fine, which is the case here. I guess I was just sort of Thinkin out loud and wondering how this phrase would sound to an anti or someone on the fence.

I also wonder what an employee at biekerchs would think if you walked in and told them you were interested in a new toy and walked up to the handgun counter. Honest question.

I wonder where the phrase " a firearm is not a toy" originated from. Curious. Who taught you how to shoot and who bought you your first gun?

Phrases like that are for idiots that don't know the difference. I wouldn't hand over a gun to a kid that don't know the difference. But as an adult, we have our toys. A gun is one of them. So is my car, and some other unmentionables.

Ever heard "a kid in a candy store"? Wonder why some adults use that phrase when they enter a gun store. Is there really candy in there? Think outside the box Belo, quit drinking the anti-gun cool aide.

• Like 1

I own 7 firearms Shawn. All various types. I belong to the NRA. I get annoyed at the gun toting yew haw shoot me up attitude. There's no reason we can't work to better our image. All it takes is one retard (sandy hook) to hurt us. Why not try our best to prove to the rest that 99% of us are responsible?

You never answered my question.

I was so poor growing up , I would go to the KFC and lick other peoples fingers .

My family was so poor that we couldn't afford toilet paper..

The outhouse had a sack of red corncobs and a sack of white corncobs.

You wiped with a couple of red corncobs and then wipe with a WHITE corncob to see if you need to use any more RED cornbobs.

My family was so poor that we couldn't afford toilet paper..

The outhouse had a sack of red corncobs and a sack of white corncobs.

You wiped with a couple of red corncobs and then wipe with a WHITE corncob to see if you need to use any more RED cornbobs.

I don't like corn anymore.

Question for all of you that buy firearms at the big box stores.How many of you take them right out of the box and go right to the range and shoot them to sight them in.Then take them out to hunt with?. If we had the temps. that we are going to have this coming week, that would not be a wise thing to do. Reason is at the factory they are assembled with a rust preventive grease.Ever pull the trigger and the round did not fire.That could be a reason it did not in cold temps.

Most of the gun shops I have bought firearms from would ask you to pick it up the following day, they would strip it down and clean all of the parts and lightly oil them with gun oil then re assemble the firearm.And if it had a scope they would bore sight it.That is the difference from buying in a big box store and your local mom and pop store.

$330.00 is a good price,can't beat that.Do yourself a favor and strip it down and clean it. Watch out with light trigger pulls make sure your safety is on.

I had a rifle slip and fall out of a wooden platform in this kind of weather 15' up in the air as I was getting up from a sitting position, it hit but first hard enough it broke the wooden stock, with me starring right at the barrel, thank god the safety held.   

Question for all of you that buy firearms at the big box stores.How many of you take them right out of the box and go right to the range and shoot them to sight them in.Then take them out to hunt with?. If we had the temps. that we are going to have this coming week, that would not be a wise thing to do. Reason is at the factory they are assembled with a rust preventive grease.Ever pull the trigger and the round did not fire.That could be a reason it did not in cold temps.

Most of the gun shops I have bought firearms from would ask you to pick it up the following day, they would strip it down and clean all of the parts and lightly oil them with gun oil then re assemble the firearm.And if it had a scope they would bore sight it.That is the difference from buying in a big box store and your local mom and pop store.

$330.00 is a good price,can't beat that.Do yourself a favor and strip it down and clean it. Watch out with light trigger pulls make sure your safety is on.

I had a rifle slip and fall out of a wooden platform in this kind of weather 15' up in the air as I was getting up from a sitting position, it hit but first hard enough it broke the wooden stock, with me starring right at the barrel, thank god the safety held.

Purchased from a dealer and I was there to open the package with him. No disassembly, nor would I have preferred it. Today was sub-freezing temps, not a single misfire.

I did clean the bore with solvent and ran it through with a brush to clean out the factory gunk. So far it's grouping horribly, but I'll let the barrel season in a little more before the verdict is out.

i always make it a habit after buying a firearm to completely field strip it and clean it.

I can't believe Remington puts their name on the 770. I'm sure it's accurate and reliable enough to take deer but the action is a gritty, rough piece of crap and the gun is uglier than hell. Any 700 action blows this 770 crap bag out of the water.

What do you mean "SHORT RANGE" deer rifle...??

The .243, with proper bullets,is a flat shooter and is fully capable of making clean kills on deer sized game at 300+ yards...

A REAL short range deer rifle would be a .44 mag. ( 100 yards or under) A "moderatelty short range" deer rifle would be a 30-30, .35 Rem or 45-70.(200 yards or under).

But the .243 ain't no SHORT range deer rifle..

I feel pretty much the same way.  Congrats on the deal!  ADLs are hit and miss but I've know of some to shoot really well with factory ammo too and not just working up a hand load tailored to the gun.  cousin's son just took his first buck with a 243 bolt gun.